Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm glad that we have a new training camp thread each day because they all go wildly off topic by mid afternoon.

Also, you're nuts if you think McMahon was the reason they only won one Super Bowl. With a healthy McMahon, they win again in 86, and it's not McMahon's fault that Charles Martin literally body slammed him on his throwing shoulder as he was walking back to the sidelines in that game in 86.

His play and inability to stay on the field was a huge reason they only won a single Super Bowl.
Obviously, the Martin play was ridiculous and not a common injury.

Also, do you believe they were just going to steam roll the Giants? Maybe but they were a hell of a team in ‘86.

What’s his excuse for ‘87 and ‘88?

He was awful at home against the Niners in the NFCCG.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was never the same after the Martin surgery. Ditka actually lost the team over his QB handling im 86. Hampton, who personally disliked McMahon, has said they would have won more SBs if Jim had stayed healthy.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Looks like Ha Ha will be back at practice tomorrow.
Great news. Not sure why PuP was used if he was that close.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No worries. I was assured that after a year in the system this wouldn't be an issue in 2019. It has nothing to do with Trubisky maybe just not being a very accurate passer beyond the chains. Should be fine.

Any updates on the rain?
it wont be an issue

napo55

Liked Posts:
He was never the same after the Martin surgery. Ditka actually lost the team over his QB handling im 86. Hampton, who personally disliked McMahon, has said they would have won more SBs if Jim had stayed healthy.

The front office was extremely negligent in not having a decent backup QB knowing that McMahon was injury prone. Mike Tomzack was never an NFL quality QB. So a dominant defense in 1986 was wasted.

Does this provide a lesson for our QB situation today?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The front office was extremely negligent in not having a decent backup QB knowing that McMahon was injury prone. Mike Tomzack was never an NFL quality QB. So a dominant defense in 1986 was wasted.

Does this provide a lesson for our QB situation today?
Chase Daniel is competent. We went 1-1 with him that’s about what you can expect from a back up.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
the W was against Detroit though

Canth

Liked Posts:
On the kicker front, I am definitely pulling for Pineiro at this point. First, I like the idea of sticking with the guy with the stronger leg. And second, for all the talk that Fry is supposed to be the more consistent one just not with as strong a leg...he appears to have missed two FG's now from under 40 yards so far. I have a bit of an issue with that. Now, I think Fry has had the worse conditions to kick in so far of the open practices...but still, 2 misses under 40 yards.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean it benefits nobody to pretend like he didn’t suck today. This is year 3. He gets no excuses from me.
it was friggin raining, ever throw a wet football or football in the rain? This goes for #bearmick , but I doubt he has thrown a football.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the kicker front, I am definitely pulling for Pineiro at this point. First, I like the idea of sticking with the guy with the stronger leg. And second, for all the talk that Fry is supposed to be the more consistent one just not with as strong a leg...he appears to have missed two FG's now from under 40 yards so far. I have a bit of an issue with that. Now, I think Fry has had the worse conditions to kick in so far of the open practices...but still, 2 misses under 40 yards.
Fry has a strong leg also, he did make a 60 yarder the other day with room to spare.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just have a hard time feeling much of anything after 3 camp practices. One day Mitchell is crisp and the next day it’s rainy and we see a few tweets about him underthrowing and now he sucks again. I wasn’t there so idk how he looked. Glad he got the wet reps in.
I'm glad you get it.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you ever see Trump ttg hrow a football?

McMahon was clutch and could win with a limp arm. Why does everyone diss him?
because they were too young or not born. They didn't see what intangibles he had as a passer

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steve Smith interviews Riley Ridley from camp...NFL Total Access. SS has Riley show him how he gets off press coverage from the line. Stopped his ass immediately, said NOPE...do it this way...gave his ass a lesson. Haha. Bears have rarely had luck developing wr talent. Ridley certainly looks the part hopefully he gets some decent coaching moving forward.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
wait, it was one on one? And Trubs managed to recognize Gabriel? What?

It was raining so hard he couldn’t tell if it was Gabriel or a small child asking Prince for an autograph

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Fry has a strong leg also, he did make a 60 yarder the other day with room to spare.
Yeah obviously they both have plenty strong legs as they both made from 60. I’m not sure where the idea comes from that Fry is more accurate. Pineiro was more accurate at a better program in college.
They’ve both looked good and I hope they keep it up, I’ll be happy with either. The preconceived notions don’t make a lot of sense though