Training Camp News Thread (non Bears news)

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh boy here comes Tez with his dislikes. Cheers bud hope you're well.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I find myself weirdly and strongly hoping for Daniels to fail. Probably just Post Traumatic Stress stuff from the whole Trubisky thing.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
DaRon Bland was injured for the Cowboys and will be out for some time. Also, their running back room sucks. I wonder what the Bears could get for a package of Herbert and one of their corners, possibly Smith?

Did they see enough from Reddy to keep him and move everyone up a notch if they made a move?

msadows

Liked Posts:
100% agree. I think some of these GMs also get a little to full of themselves and that’s to be expected. I personally don’t think Fields would have done any better with the 9ners. Better scheme fit, sure but Fields just doesn’t have the tools needed to be a good QB in the NFL. Honestly I think Trubisky would have done better with Shanahan over Fields.

Shanny made nick mullens look decent and turned a UDFA into an mvp candidate.

Pretty sure he'd have figured out how to turn fields into a solid NFL starter.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Trey lance to this day is still a giant head scratcher for me. Small school, barely played in college. The 9ers 100% had to overthink that one, imagine how good that team would have been if they just decided not to mortgage the future on a scrub like lance. Just a reminder they gave up 3 first rounders for him...jesus

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shanny made nick mullens look decent and turned a UDFA into an mvp candidate.

Pretty sure he'd have figured out how to turn fields into a solid NFL starter.

He also couldn’t salvage Trey Lance. Sometimes a guy just is who he is. (That’s not a Fields comment just a in general comment)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He also couldn’t salvage Trey Lance. Sometimes a guy just is who he is. (That’s not a Fields comment just a in general comment)

Sometimes I think coaches get too much credit and/or too much blame based on their QB play. Coaches can put you in good positions, but it’s up to the player to go out there and execute. These guys aren’t miracle workers….its not like Madden where you’re controlling everything that is going on. Sure, they play a part in the performance, but you’re either the goods or you’re not…coaches are only as good as the players they have to work with.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I think coaches get too much credit and/or too much blame based on their QB play. Coaches can put you in good positions, but it’s up to the player to go out there and execute. These guys aren’t miracle workers….its not like Madden where you’re controlling everything that is going on. Sure, they play a part in the performance, but you’re either the goods or you’re not…coaches are only as good as the players they have to work with.

Amen

msadows

Liked Posts:
I remember seeing his final and only game in 2020 and he went 15/30 for 149 years.

Shanny fell in love with his potential running ability, should have just drafted velus and turned him into a QB

msadows

Liked Posts:
Trey Lance reminds me of Jordan Love but in the wrong system.

JL and him are completely different QB's. Jordan had a great arm and made some incredible throws in college, his main issue was if he could cut out the turnovers and stop making stupid throws(lack of awareness). He also didnt play in the FCS like Trey Lance did.

Jordan love threw 1125 attempts in college, Trey Lance threw 318. He was drafted purely for his rushing upside, which is idiotic because it turns out fields was by far the best RB QB in that draft.

Drafting a FCS QB with 318 attempts who had played 1 game in the last 20 months was a dumb AF move. Most GM's/HC's would be fired now, lucky for shanny he shit gold with purdy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember seeing his final and only game in 2020 and he went 15/30 for 149 years.

Shanny fell in love with his potential running ability, should have just drafted velus and turned him into a QB

Damn, 2020 was a long year..................

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JL and him are completely different QB's. Jordan had a great arm and made some incredible throws in college, his main issue was if he could cut out the turnovers and stop making stupid throws(lack of awareness). He also didnt play in the FCS like Trey Lance did.

Jordan love threw 1125 attempts in college, Trey Lance threw 318. He was drafted purely for his rushing upside, which is idiotic because it turns out fields was by far the best RB QB in that draft.

Drafting a FCS QB with 318 attempts who had played 1 game in the last 20 months was a dumb AF move. Most GM's/HC's would be fired now, lucky for shanny he shit gold with purdy.
Didn't you lose a ban bet? If I remember correctly you where quite emphatic stating JF would have a better year than Jordan Love. I thought the mods enforced ban bets?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Didn't you lose a ban bet? If I remember correctly you where quite emphatic stating JF would have a better year than Jordan Love. I thought the mods enforced ban bets?

That was for a prior season, the goober never responded back for last year