Training Camp News Thread (non Bears news)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep I just turned it off. He had two beautiful deep throws to Baker. Both dropped. A couple shitty short balls but overall looked good. Good pocket awareness. This was the quintessential Maye game where people will look at the box score and say he sucks(he didn’t).

It’s unfortunate he went to such a hellhole. Would have liked to see the Vikings make the trade. We’d have a stacked division. Bring on all the competition.

msadows

Liked Posts:
maye = turdbiscuit.

this is all based on me playing elden ring during the pats game

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I know some of us were asking Getsy to undo his bullshit in year 2.

"When I got here, the biggest thing was just, be on time and be accurate," Fields told ESPN, adding that he can play from either base. "They didn't really care too much about footwork or that my left foot was up, right foot was up. They just said to me, 'Just close your eyes and whatever's most comfortable to you, do that.' So that's what I did, and [it was] right foot forward, which makes sense. I've been doing it my whole life."

his new qb trainer:

"This offseason, we wanted to kind of move back to what was comfortable for him when he was in college, when he excelled a lot on the field," Bozeman said. "It seems like every time with the left foot forward, it was always a slight hesitation or a thought to what he was doing just because he wasn't so comfortable with what he was doing because he was so used to having his right foot forward."

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Changing Justin’s footwork was always dumb. Having said that, I don’t think Justin is all of a sudden going to excel as a QB now that his other foot is forward
You didn’t know that switching up footwork allows Fields to mentally be able to read defenses now?

msadows

Liked Posts:
You didn’t know that switching up footwork allows Fields to mentally be able to read defenses now?

Well, not saying he'd be better, but it was pretty clear ever since they fucked with his technique/mechanics he was thinking a lot more out there vs. being reactive.

You cant play in the NFL like that, it was stupid to do.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

When a QB says they’re uncomfortable because they don’t like thinking too much, that’s basically them telling everyone they will never be a franchise QB. Thinking and QB play kind of go hand in hand.

msadows

Liked Posts:
When a QB says they’re uncomfortable because they don’t like thinking too much, that’s basically them telling everyone they will never be a franchise QB. Thinking and QB play kind of go hand in hand.

Not necessarily, you shouldnt be thinking as a pro athlete, everything should come naturally. Caleb is showing that now. The thinking is done presnap mostly, not post.

They turned fields into a robot who would have to thik about his technique, dropbacks, hitches, etc instead of just going out to play football.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Not necessarily, you shouldnt be thinking as a pro athlete, everything should come naturally. Caleb is showing that now. The thinking is done presnap mostly, not post.

They turned fields into a robot who would have to thik about his technique, dropbacks, hitches, etc instead of just going out to play football.

I think you’re mistaking “naturally” for “quick processing.” There’s absolutely thinking going on pre/post snap. It’s just happening very quickly. Fields is just below average at it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think you’re mistaking “naturally” for “quick processing.” There’s absolutely thinking going on pre/post snap. It’s just happening very quickly. Fields is just below average at it.

Point still stands, if you are thinking about your technique and mechanics then you are not going to be a good NFL QB. This has nothing to do with fields and the bears prior staff being morons.

His technique was not good but making a guy who already has trouble processing have to think about his mechanics was a terrible idea.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Point still stands, if you are thinking about your technique and mechanics then you are not going to be a good NFL QB. This has nothing to do with fields and the bears prior staff being morons.

His technique was not good but making a guy who already has trouble processing have to think about his mechanics was a terrible idea.
Agreed. My original point was literally that it was a dumb idea to mess with his footwork.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well, not saying he'd be better, but it was pretty clear ever since they fucked with his technique/mechanics he was thinking a lot more out there vs. being reactive.

You cant play in the NFL like that, it was stupid to do.
Not disagreeing but he had what, 2 years to work on his new mechanics? Shouldn’t be thinking that much after 2 years. Also cant play in the nfl if you don’t properly know how to read defenses.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

I’d have to disagree with some of this. There is a lot of thinking going on post snap as well. Reading the defense/formations post snap, going through your reads, making the correct decision, etc is all part of the thinking process. What you see pre-snap might not be what happens post snap and therefore changes everything.

The best QBs do that naturally. QBs like Fields let the entire process get to them mentally, which plays a huge role in the poor decisions. Don’t think Fields ever had the mental make up like Williams has.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I’d have to disagree with some of this. There is a lot of thinking going on post snap as well. Reading the defense/formations post snap, going through your reads, making the correct decision, etc is all part of the thinking process. What you see pre-snap might not be what happens post snap and therefore changes everything.

The best QBs do that naturally. QBs like Fields let the entire process get to them mentally, which plays a huge role in the poor decisions. Don’t think Fields ever had the mental make up like Williams has.
Its just not there, it was pretty clear Trubisky never had it either.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not disagreeing but he had what, 2 years to work on his new mechanics? Shouldn’t be thinking that much after 2 years. Also cant play in the nfl if you don’t properly know how to read defenses.

You try doing something your entire life one way and someone tells you to do it a different way.

Not making excuses for him, just saying the coaching staff were idiots for doing so. It clearly was not working and making him more robotic. You were never going to fix his slow release anyways, not sure wtf they thought they were doing.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You try doing something your entire life one way and someone tells you to do it a different way.

Not making excuses for him, just saying the coaching staff were idiots for doing so. It clearly was not working and making him more robotic. You were never going to fix his slow release anyways, not sure wtf they thought they were doing.
I think most people have. Sure it might not be related to the NFL but it still has mental memory.

Again not disagreeing at all. They should have just let Fields do his thing. Wouldn’t have changed his mental makeup but he might have looked a little better. But even with mechanical changes, he had 2 years to figure them out. Something he probably practiced every single day. If after a couple years he still has to think about those mechanics, he never had the mental capability to begin with.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pretty much this. I still think he can have some marginal success if the can figure out the short game.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yikes don't like this move for a 3rd rounder for the "genius" Howie Roseman.

The Washington Commanders have traded wide receiver Jahan Dotson to the Philadelphia Eagles for a trio of draft picks, it was announced Thursday.

In exchange for Dotson, the Commanders will send the Eagles a 2025 fifth-round draft pick and will receive a third-round pick and two seventh-round picks in the 2025 draft.