Training Camp News Thread (non Bears news)

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Yikes don't like this move for a 3rd rounder for the "genius" Howie Roseman.

The Washington Commanders have traded wide receiver Jahan Dotson to the Philadelphia Eagles for a trio of draft picks, it was announced Thursday.

In exchange for Dotson, the Commanders will send the Eagles a 2025 fifth-round draft pick and will receive a third-round pick and two seventh-round picks in the 2025 draft.

My boy who’s a Washington fan thinks it is to throw their hat in the ring for Aiyuk.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Yikes don't like this move for a 3rd rounder for the "genius" Howie Roseman.

The Washington Commanders have traded wide receiver Jahan Dotson to the Philadelphia Eagles for a trio of draft picks, it was announced Thursday.

In exchange for Dotson, the Commanders will send the Eagles a 2025 fifth-round draft pick and will receive a third-round pick and two seventh-round picks in the 2025 draft.

Smart move in my book since they are getting a 5th and a pretty decent player in return. The 7th rounders they are sending are longshots to make that team anyway.

Dotson seemed like a good draft prospect that just hasn't blossomed on a crappy team.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
My boy who’s a Washington fan thinks it is to throw their hat in the ring for Aiyuk.
In return, San Francisco wants a starting wide receiver; that's been the primary hold-up. So, if they're not putting Terry McLaurin on the table, I can't see a deal being made. The capital that Washington received (a 3rd in 2025 and a couple of 7th's in exchange for Dotson and their own 5th) doesn't give them much draft capital

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
In return, San Francisco wants a starting wide receiver; that's been the primary hold-up. So, if they're not putting Terry McLaurin on the table, I can't see a deal being made. The capital that Washington received (a 3rd in 2025 and a couple of 7th's in exchange for Dotson and their own 5th) doesn't give them much draft capital
Yeah, this was closer to my reaction.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Did Bears say anythign of value in the press conference they just had or was it just "meet the new guys" for Darrell and Tarrell or whateverthefuck the new names are?

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jerruh Jones thought he had any leverage against Dak because he had Trey Lance in the wings that all went out the window today. lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jerruh Jones thought he had any leverage against Dez because he had Trey Lance in the wings that all went out the window today. lmao.
What happened? Did Lance get injured?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Oh boy. If fans can see players being major busts coming out of college, how do GMs not see that.
It only takes one GM to fall in love with a guy to convince themselves that they need to have their guy cause everyone else does. The 9ers did it with Lance, Pace did it with Trubisky, and so on.

I wonder how Fields would have done in SF under Shanahan. You've got to believe it would have been better than here.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can certain dudes get some new material? I love you all but shit is played out man.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It only takes one GM to fall in love with a guy to convince themselves that they need to have their guy cause everyone else does. The 9ers did it with Lance, Pace did it with Trubisky, and so on.

I wonder how Fields would have done in SF under Shanahan. You've got to believe it would have been better than here.
100% agree. I think some of these GMs also get a little to full of themselves and that’s to be expected. I personally don’t think Fields would have done any better with the 9ners. Better scheme fit, sure but Fields just doesn’t have the tools needed to be a good QB in the NFL. Honestly I think Trubisky would have done better with Shanahan over Fields.