WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
listen to the names you are trying to compare him to

It’s an exaggeration. I was using names that are notorious for not showing up in big pressure games. Just because he didn’t show up in one game doesn’t mean he doesn’t belong in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To clarify the point.

JG only completed 15 passes but he had 266 yards. He had long completions of 56, 39, and 36 yards. His yards per completion attempt was 17.4 yards.

Watson only completed 17 passes for 10.35 yards per completion.

Trubisky completed 23 passes for just 7.43 yards per completion.

So comparing these guys is dumb. JG and Watson are running modern NFL offenses in which they throw the ball down the field. Trubs dinked and dunked for the majority of yesterday and when GB took that away, he couldn't adjust. That is the issue.

Ya'll talking this dumb shit about completion percentage as if the KC offense and Smith didn't dink and dunk. The issue is KC had guys that took Smith dinking and dunking and turned them into big plays because of run after the catch. Only guy that has shown they can do that for us is Cohen. So Bears aren't going to be able to get away with this dink and dunk strategy like KC does as all you have to do is watch the tape of Tyreek Hill running after the catch in KC to understand the difference.

So quit with the stupid comparisons and ask yourself if Trubs ran a modern NFL offense last night in terms of throwing the ball 10 yards or more down the field.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So quite with the stupid comparisons and ask yourself if Trubs ran a moderne NFL offense last night in terms of throwing the ball 10 yards or more down the field.

You make it seem like Mitch is the one going, "Yeah, let's call our 7th screen pass in 10 plays! Green Bay will never figure this shit out!" "Fuck Jordan Howard pounding GB's ass, let's do a bunch of pre-snap movement and then run a designed play where we throw the ball to Dion Sims BEHIND THE LOS!"

Godzilla

Liked Posts:
Maybe we should put Mack and Smith in on oline to protect him or in as WRs.
Mack seems to be better at catching passes for TDs than the weapons we got for Trubisky.

This is exactly what you wanted. What did you expect when you were calling for it?

LOL at blaming the WRs for this loss. You must be drunk, high, or psychotic

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
LOL at blaming the WRs for this loss. You must be drunk, high, or psychotic

There was plenty of blame to go around. Play calling and Trubisky are at the top of the list. Sims dropped a perfectly thrown pass. Fuller dropped a ball that was practically handed off to him. The second half was just atrocious altogether

Crda44

Liked Posts:
As Nagy said”You know they didn’t get a whole lot of reps in the preseason” so it’s ok he’s still learning

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love me some Drew Brees, but he was fucking hideous in year 3, second year as a starter.
Didnt have much at WR, but he had the best pass catching RB that has ever been in his prime and a young antonio Gates.

4 more picks than tds and did look lost. That season alone led to the drafting of Rivers.

Not saying Trubs will be Brees, but Brees in year 3 was just abysmal.

edit- on that note, although Brees turned out to be a spectacular player, he was an anomaly. Marty made the right call deciding that year 3 was enough to pass judgement and move forward.
It just so happened in this isolated case the guy who struggled turned out magnificent.

Ok, fair point on Brees, but as you said, he's an anomaly. Of all QBs who don't look good in the second year, there are 50 Blake Bortles for every Drew Brees. I guess we can hope that Trubisky gets it together but I'm seeing zero signs of that so far.

Godzilla

Liked Posts:
There was plenty of blame to go around. Play calling and Trubisky are at the top of the list. Sims dropped a perfectly thrown pass. Fuller dropped a ball that was practically handed off to him. The second half was just atrocious altogether

Sims being out there at all, especially at critical moments is on Nagy. The WRs got open many times and Mitch just couldn't hit them, that is on him not them.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ok, fair point on Brees, but as you said, he's an anomaly. Of all QBs who don't look good in the second year, there are 50 Blake Bortles for every Drew Brees. I guess we can hope that Trubisky gets it together but I'm seeing zero signs of that so far.

I cant argue that.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Sims being out there at all, especially at critical moments is on Nagy. The WRs got open many times and Mitch just couldn't hit them, that is on him not them.

Very true on both parts. If anyone ever tried to downplay the importance of Shaheen, last night should be the example.

Trubs missing that throw to A Rob in the end zone fucking killed me smh

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As Nagy said”You know they didn’t get a whole lot of reps in the preseason” so it’s ok he’s still learning

Did he actually say that?!?
If he did, he ought to be slapped in to tiny pieces.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You make it seem like Mitch is the one going, "Yeah, let's call our 7th screen pass in 10 plays! Green Bay will never figure this shit out!" "Fuck Jordan Howard pounding GB's ass, let's do a bunch of pre-snap movement and then run a designed play where we throw the ball to Dion Sims BEHIND THE LOS!"

There is more than one person to blame. Nagy was cowardly last night and I have said that several times. But Mitch also was scared. Both things can simultaneously be true.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yep and the drive they did score on were mainly. gimmick college plays.

This roster can be so damn good. We have two of the best rb's in the NFL, our WR core is top notch and our OL is stout. We know the defense will be special but we need one guy to just be average enough and we can win games and that's what frustrates the hell out of me

They scored on 4 drives.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Not even going to argue that Trubisky was bad because he was. But I feel like in general we've been ignoring the defensive collapse that featured a hobbled Rodgers scoring 3 TDs on us with ease.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes that’s a exact quote from the press conference it made me flip shit I almost started my first ever thread about it but fuck it

Me to my boss....
I know I didnt get my project done this week, but its ok because I didnt come in to work monday through thursday....

FFS, Nagy is a tool.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To clarify the point.

JG only completed 15 passes but he had 266 yards. He had long completions of 56, 39, and 36 yards. His yards per completion attempt was 17.4 yards.

Watson only completed 17 passes for 10.35 yards per completion.

Trubisky completed 23 passes for just 7.43 yards per completion.

So comparing these guys is dumb. JG and Watson are running modern NFL offenses in which they throw the ball down the field. Trubs dinked and dunked for the majority of yesterday and when GB took that away, he couldn't adjust. That is the issue.

Ya'll talking this dumb shit about completion percentage as if the KC offense and Smith didn't dink and dunk. The issue is KC had guys that took Smith dinking and dunking and turned them into big plays because of run after the catch. Only guy that has shown they can do that for us is Cohen. So Bears aren't going to be able to get away with this dink and dunk strategy like KC does as all you have to do is watch the tape of Tyreek Hill running after the catch in KC to understand the difference.

So quit with the stupid comparisons and ask yourself if Trubs ran a modern NFL offense last night in terms of throwing the ball 10 yards or more down the field.

No defending Trubs here but JG's long passes were some broken coverages. When he did throw deep, he was very inconsistent

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not even going to argue that Trubisky was bad because he was. But I feel like in general we've been ignoring the defensive collapse that featured a hobbled Rodgers scoring 3 TDs on us with ease.

GB adjusted their offensive gameplan. How did Fangio react to that? He didn't blitz enough.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No he looked scared. The only reason he completed a lot of passes early is because they were the Alex Smith dink and dunk variety.

The dude had 4.9 yards per pass. That is why he completed so many passes and comparing him to Watson or JG is stupid. Watson barely completed 50% of his passes but still had a higher yards per pass because he throws the ball further down the field. JG's completed less than 40% bu he had a whopping 7.9 yards per pass because again he is throwing down the field.

So Trubs 65% completion percentage is meaningless. It is that high because he was throwing safe passes that didn't travel far. A lot of dink and dunk screens and short passes. You can't complete that high a percentage of passes and still finish behind someone in YPA who barely completing 50% unless they are throwing the ball farther down the field than you.

yes Naggy called a lot of screens and short passes.. Thats not Trubiskys fault.

And he was not playing scared, once the game was on the line he was throwing down field. If he was playing scared he wouldnt be throwing down field.. he would be dumping the ball off.. He just kept missing guys, the WR was getting out muscled, and getting called back for a penalty etc.. but the ball was being thrown 15-25 yards on most of his throws at the end of the game..

there is a lot to be critical here.. being scared isnt one of them