Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And maybe our head coach should pound the ball a little bit with Jordan Howard when we're up 20-0. And not try to throw some cute shit to Dion Sims behind the LOS on 3rd and short. I mean, bitch about Mitch all you want. When it came down to it on that last drive, he couldn't complete a fucking pass. But what about the playcalling in the 3rd and 4th quarters? It was legitimately Special person. That HAS to change.
No doubt the bears fucked up royal in the second half. I don't think anyone is disputing that, but many of those errors can be fixed. However, if the moment is too big for Mitch, that is something that can't be fixed. Maybe he just didn't come through this time, but it should be of legit concern how he crumbled late.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
3 of which were FGs.

Yes. That was the biggest problem for the offense last night. 3 of 4 red zone drives cannot be field goals. Last year the Bears scored TDs on over 60% of their red zone appearances which was the 4th best in the league (maybe giving the ball to Jordan Howard had something to do with that Nagy). If the O even scored a TD on just 50% of their red zone trips last night the Bears would've won no question. I think this means we should give it to Jordan Howard when we're inside the 10.

The offense as a whole was good, they had 310 yards of total offense and got themselves in prime position to score TDs 4 times. They picked up 139 yards rushing on 27 carries which is very good as well. The offense just wasn't able to finish just as the team wasn't. I put the offense's inability to finish on a couple bad throws from Trubisky and Matt Nagy's poor play-calling.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No defending Trubs here but JG's long passes were some broken coverages. When he did throw deep, he was very inconsistent

Sure but the point is he did throw deep.

yes Naggy called a lot of screens and short passes.. Thats not Trubiskys fault.

And he was not playing scared, once the game was on the line he was throwing down field. If he was playing scared he wouldnt be throwing down field.. he would be dumping the ball off.. He just kept missing guys, the WR was getting out muscled, and getting called back for a penalty etc.. but the ball was being thrown 15-25 yards on most of his throws at the end of the game..

there is a lot to be critical here.. being scared isnt one of them

It doesn't matter if it is his fault or not. I am saying that is why the comparisons to JG and Watson are stupid. They played in different offenses. Trubs completion percentage is entirely inflated by how many screens and passes within 5 yards that he completed.

No he was playing scared because he had guys open but held onto the ball. The deep passes were generally when the play had broken down or when he could be reasonably assured there was no chance the defender could get the ball hence the bad misses. Coming out of college, he was suppose to be the guy that led WRs and could fit the ball in tight spots. Instead, the dude seemed too scared to make those kinds of pinpoint passes hence all the errant throws.

So yeah, you can claim whatever you want. As someone that went to UNC and watched every single game of his, that was not the guy that played at UNC. That was a guy that was too terrified of fucking up until he had no choice but to.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuller makes that int in 4th that was right at him! Bears win and we are not hearing how great Aaron Rodgers is!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes. That was the biggest problem for the offense last night. 3 of 4 red zone drives cannot be field goals. Last year the Bears scored TDs on over 60% of their red zone appearances which was the 4th best in the league (maybe giving the ball to Jordan Howard had something to do with that Nagy). If the O even scored a TD on just 50% of their red zone trips last night the Bears would've won no question. I think this means we should give it to Jordan Howard when we're inside the 10.

The offense as a whole was good, they had 310 yards of total offense and got themselves in prime position to score TDs 4 times. They picked up 139 yards rushing on 27 carries which is very good as well. The offense just wasn't able to finish just as the team wasn't. I put the offense's inability to finish on a couple bad throws from Trubisky and Matt Nagy's poor play-calling.

171 yards passing is not good. The running game was good. The passing game was amateurish which makes Nagy's dumb passing on 3rd down even more confusing. This is the modern NFL. There is no excuse for a guy to complete over 65% of his passes and have 35 attempts and yet only have 171 yards. That is just garbage. I feel like I was watching a Gary Crowton/John Shoop offernse out there.

Godzilla

Liked Posts:

Agreed. Had they gotten a TD on just one of those 3 drives, they win.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
171 yards passing is not good. The running game was good. The passing game was amateurish which makes Nagy's dumb passing on 3rd down even more confusing. This is the modern NFL. There is no excuse for a guy to complete over 65% of his passes and have 35 attempts and yet only have 171 yards. That is just garbage. I feel like I was watching a Gary Crowton/John Shoop offernse out there.

Yep, it was fucking pure garbage. Why is so hard for coaches to just run the ball when your successful running it???

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
No he looked scared. The only reason he completed a lot of passes early is because they were the Alex Smith dink and dunk variety.

The dude had 4.9 yards per pass. That is why he completed so many passes and comparing him to Watson or JG is stupid. Watson barely completed 50% of his passes but still had a higher yards per pass because he throws the ball further down the field. JG's completed less than 40% bu he had a whopping 7.9 yards per pass because again he is throwing down the field.

So Trubs 65% completion percentage is meaningless. It is that high because he was throwing safe passes that didn't travel far. A lot of dink and dunk screens and short passes. You can't complete that high a percentage of passes and still finish behind someone in YPA who barely completing 50% unless they are throwing the ball farther down the field than you.

it all comes down to circumstance and how the coach calls the plays...
the first half for trubisky was 11/14, 105 yards, 7.5 YPA, obviously in the 2nd half with a sizable lead, Nagy called more wr screens and short yardage passes which is why his YPA for the game came out much lower

for comparison to watson's first half numbers
6/14, 68 yards 4.8 YPA
in the 2nd half being down 21-6, obviously houston had to move the ball to get some pts on the board if they wanted to a chance to make it a game.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I saw the QB we all hoped for in the first half.

I saw the QB we all fear in the second half.

The offense got conservate in the 2nd half to keep the clock moving and it seemed to disrupt the mommentum we had in the first half.

Everyone had the Bears losing this game and we were a dropped interception away from winning the game. Mitch has some work to do but I saw a lot of growth from his rookie year.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And maybe our head coach should pound the ball a little bit with Jordan Howard when we're up 20-0. And not try to throw some cute shit to Dion Sims behind the LOS on 3rd and short. I mean, bitch about Mitch all you want. When it came down to it on that last drive, he couldn't complete a fucking pass. But what about the playcalling in the 3rd and 4th quarters? It was legitimately Special person. That HAS to change.

Oh trust and believe i was pissed when it was 3rd and 1 and we didnt run but Naggy seems to play aggressive and in all honesty he should be allowed to ask his QB to pass the ball vertically for a change

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
As rightfully pissed off as we all are, we did see meaningful progress out of this team. Nobody expected a 1 point lost even if it is because we choked. What does worry me is Nagy has already developed a tendency to turtle up when we have a big lead and not step on their throat and end them. He did it in the playoffs, pre season, and now week 1. This shit has to stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mitch started last year. I get the new system, new coach and new teammates thing. Trust me i get that but none of those things made him sail passes over Robinson, made him frantically run around in the pocket or forget his is athletic enough to run every once in a while. That isn't due to lack of experience, its might just be mental and I dont want that again

I disagree and think some of it was him just getting too excited which after getting more playing time he'll calm down some which will be good for him and there's absolutely growing pains in there as well. Trubs is still very green, he was green coming out of college and he's green coming out of last year because Fox/Loggains held him back more then they helped him.

Godzilla

Liked Posts:
I disagree and think some of it was him just getting too excited which after getting more playing time he'll calm down some which will be good for him and there's absolutely growing pains in there as well. Trubs is still very green, he was green coming out of college and he's green coming out of last year because Fox/Loggains held him back more then they helped him.

The fact is he has looked bad in 13 games now. Blame the coach, system, or whatever you'd like but he has yet to look good.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Should of been 26-24 Bears need to answer for thst 2nd half debacle 3-1 for this quarter is a good start.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is more than one person to blame. Nagy was cowardly last night and I have said that several times. But Mitch also was scared. Both things can simultaneously be true.

Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

talk about broken records zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Well yes my point wasn't to excuse Trubisky or anything it was just to show that the Bears offense was able to move the ball well despite the passing game being bad. As I said in an earlier post Trubisky was bad yesterday. The reasons why I think he was bad are this:

1) He was the reason why we didn't score TDs on 2 of the 3 redzone drives that didn't result in TDs. He missed a layup to Robinson and abandoned Cohen as an option immediately on the wheel route. I'll put the other failed attempt to score a TD on Nagy, as we had the ball inside the 10 (maybe even inside the 5) and didn't give it to Howard once.

2) When the comeback was happening and the crowd was getting crazy he clearly lost poise.

Those are the reasons why he looked bad. I think Nagy played a big part in causing the offense to sputter but as I said, if Trubisky hits the easiest TD ever to Robinson then the Packers would have been unable to win the game.

Just have to finish in the redzone (give the fucking ball to Howard please), and if we don't finish in the redzone then we have to continue to be aggressive in order to win. I think that's the biggest takeaway.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I agree that the fox era didnt help but again Mitch really seems easily spooked. I dont know why either

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
We took possession of the ball with 9:01 left in the 4th Qtr and ran it down to 2:39 by getting 3 first downs, before kicking a field goal.

The offense had a sustained drive and nearly won the game all by themselves. It is nice to see that kind of productivity late in the game when it counts. We were just one or two plays short of locking it up and Rogers had to pull off another miracle moment to win the game.

Trubisky showed that he has the ability and he can make some plays when it counts, he had 2 third down conversions during that series.

You people need to get a grip... Trubisky will get it together, and the reality is he is not that far off right now..

The Defense and Play Calling let us down a whole lot more than Trubisky did.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
it all comes down to circumstance and how the coach calls the plays...
the first half for trubisky was 11/14, 105 yards, 7.5 YPA, obviously in the 2nd half with a sizable lead, Nagy called more wr screens and short yardage passes which is why his YPA for the game came out much lower

for comparison to watson's first half numbers
6/14, 68 yards 4.8 YPA
in the 2nd half being down 21-6, obviously houston had to move the ball to get some pts on the board if they wanted to a chance to make it a game.

Which again is why it is dumb to compare them. Trubisky had 10 passes behind the LoS. He was 9/10. Watson and JG only had 2 passes behind the LoS and both were 2 of 2.

So the point is hyping up Trubs completion percentage like DBL was doing is stupid. Any QB throwing 10 passes behind the line of scrimmage is going to have a high completion percentage. You remove those screen passes and Trubs was only 14 of 25 or 56%.

You can protect a lead without 10 fucking screens. We use to complain about the lack of slants by Loggains but don't think they called a single slant last night and that is also a fairly safe pass. In fact, not sure I saw a lot of crossing routes at all.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
We took possession of the ball with 9:01 left in the 4th Qtr and ran it down to 2:39 by getting 3 first downs, before kicking a field goal.

The offense had a sustained drive and nearly won the game all by themselves. It is nice to see that kind of productivity late in the game when it counts. We were just one or two plays short of locking it up and Rogers had to pull off another miracle moment to win the game.

Trubisky showed that he has the ability and he can make some plays when it counts, he had 2 third down conversions during that series.

You people need to get a grip... Trubisky will get it together, and the reality is he is not that far off right now..

The Defense and Play Calling let us down a whole lot more than Trubisky did.
Exactly, great points. I'd bet they take this game to learn and build on. Good learning opportunities for mitch and Naggy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk