Trubisky is not ready

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Except as noted Trubs threw 10 screens compared to the other guys throwing 2.

The issue is the offense was gimicky so his completion percentage was inflated. How many QBs do you think threw 10 screens?

and as been noted if you want to take away pass plays then leaving him 2 screen passes (what watson and Jimmy G had) he still had a good comp% at over 59% compared to the dog shit of 45% and 50%.

whats the average number of screen passes per game does a QBs throw? do you even know?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The good thing is no matter what anyone thinks about Trubisky, there are only a couple of QBs that would have beat the Bears last night with the way the defense was playing. Maybe only one (Rodgers).

The bad thing is only a few QBs would have lost that game against a below average D given how the Bears D played. Maybe only one (Trubisky).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
and as been noted if you want to take away pass plays then leaving him 2 screen passes (what watson and Jimmy G had) he still had a good comp% at over 59% compared to the dog shit of 45% and 50%.

whats the average number of screen passes per game does a QBs throw? do you even know?

59% is not good. 59% would rank 29 out of 32 QBs last year ahead of Jacoby Brisset, Beathard and Kizer. And he played like ass period. 171 yards against a bad Packers D is terrible.

So it seems the problem is you don't know what good is.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
The bad thing is only a few QBs would have lost that game against a below average D given how the Bears D played. Maybe only one (Trubisky).

If you want to see shitting the bed against the Packers, go rewatch Mike Glennon last year.

I don't blame you if you don't remember it though, I've tried to block it out as well.

Mr.Anderson

Liked Posts:
Trubs has a bad tendency to throw a football like he’s shooting a fade... he can really throw with authority as he showed on a few throws, but when he isn’t comfortable with his decision, he isn’t stepping into his throws consistently.

Also, I found myself getting frustrated because it was obvious Nag is new. He probably could have used a few more years being an assistant in KC, but hopefully this was an anomaly.

We got a glimps of what this team could be once everyone is on the same page and firing on all cylinders. The offense can be formidable and the D just looked like it wasn’t going take shit from anyone. So hopefully this is the game that took all the pressure away and it drives them to really focus and get it figured out.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
59% is not good. 59% would rank 29 out of 32 QBs last year ahead of Jacoby Brisset, Beathard and Kizer. And he played like ass period. 171 yards against a bad Packers D is terrible.

So it seems the problem is you don't know what good is.

well I looked it up and last year Tom Brady averaged a little under 6 pass attempts behind the line of scrimmage so if we just use 5 of MT behind the line of scrimmage throws he is 63.3%.. if 5-6 attempts are good enough for the GOAT then i see no reason to take away more then that for MT..

63.3% is pretty good..

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Team loss.

Young QB and HC and both might have choked.

Offense spotted the defense 13 points, the team spotted the defense 20pts in the second half. Don’t blame the offense entirely. Defensive failure. So STFU MT haters. Though he gave you creedence in the second half.

The Bears played the Packers, at home, opening weekend, on Sunday night, 100th annie of Lambeau, with a 1sballot HoF QB, and almost won. They sky isn’t falling.

The Bears have some issues. I will wait and see how the Seattle games goes. Do they figure some things out, do they get better, are they more calm in game situations, or is this it, etc...

When I looked at the schedule, I didn’t see this as a win. And neither did most sane people. So, the Bears are exactly where everyone though they would be. Why the angst?
If you are disappointed in he fact the Bears were in the game the whole time and had a 20pt. lead, your expectations were unreasonable.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did anyone actually expect him to be ready and dominant in his first ever start in the system, in the road, vs an elite team?

He was what we should have expected. He was mediocre and learning.

No different than teaching a kid to ride a bike.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he still looks mediocre in a couple of games then we have cause for concern. My guess is he will look better each week as he becomes more comfortable and has a better connection with his guys.

My guess is the play calling will get less cute as well. Nagy doesn’t seem like the type not to self scout.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Did anyone actually expect him to be ready and dominant in his first ever start in the system, in the road, vs an elite team?

Not dominant but competent. All that was needed was competency to complete and few passes and close out the game. He looked like a 7th round draft pick in the 4th QTR.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not dominant but competent. All that was needed was competency to complete and few passes and close out the game. He looked like a 7th round draft pick in the 4th QTR.

That is an embelishment.

He wasn’t good, but he made some throws and plays.

He was mediocre. He didn’t make any huge mistakes or turnovers, but he didn’t make plays in the 2nd half.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well I looked it up and last year Tom Brady averaged a little under 6 pass attempts behind the line of scrimmage so if we just use 5 of MT behind the line of scrimmage throws he is 63.3%.. if 5-6 attempts are good enough for the GOAT then i see no reason to take away more then that for MT..

63.3% is pretty good..

Lol the mental gymnastics to support a shitty QB performance is amazing. Take away Brady screens and he still well above 60%. And he doing it with a hell of a lot more than 171 yards, lol.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Packers are far from an elite defensive team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
An acquaintance of mine is big time gambler, lives in Vegas and does well on college football & NFL and has made a lot in Daily Fantasy. Quit talking to him awhile ago since I didn't want to hear him bash the organization (&Cutler & Notre Dame lol) anymore, said he always made a lot of money on betting against the Bears. He called me today to tell me the sky isn't falling and he's betting big on the Bears from here on out, frankly shocked me to hear it. Best news I've heard all day

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But most of the people criticizing can’t spell bike if you gave them the b and k.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Come on Windy, this is bullshit. He has better weapons than last year and yet was no better than last year.

Nagy sat him in preseason on the basis that he was ready and then he gave a John Fox QB performance.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
An acquaintance of mine is big time gambler, lives in Vegas and does well on college football & NFL and has made a lot in Daily Fantasy can Quit talking to him awhile ago since I didn't want to hear him bash the organization (&Cutler) anymore, said he always made a lot of money on betting against the Bears. He called me today to tell me the sky isn't falling and he's betting big on the Bears from here on out, frankly shocked me to hear it. Best news I've heard all day

And that's when he'll start losing big money. Lol.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is an embelishment.

He wasn’t good, but he made some throws and plays.

He was mediocre. He didn’t make any huge mistakes or turnovers, but he didn’t make plays in the 2nd half.

He didn't look comfortable, panicked way too early on some plays, i can live with some missed throws and even the fumble, but he really looked like a scared rookie in the second half

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He didn't look comfortable, panicked way too early on some plays, i can live with some missed throws and even the fumble, but he really looked like a scared rookie in the second half

Yep. Moment seized him...again, just like against Minny last year. He's got to get back on it. And Nagy needs to go off of script a lot quicker. His college horizontal passing game won't work in the NFL