Trubisky is not ready

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Trubusky was not looking good in the 2nd half but the defense called by fangio sucked and nagy called some horrible plays. Packers made adjustments and we did not.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Figures the Bears had 2nd pick in 2017 and grabbed Trubisky. Of course they couldn't be bad enough to pick up Wentz in 2016 or Darnold in 2018. It's like Bears are cursed when it comes to QB.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It was the last drive. He never looked comfortable and I never felt the Bears had a chance to win. There needs to be more down field throws on Monday night and Trubisky is going to have do do a better job going through his reads and letting the ball go downfield. Given that, he did a great job biding himself some time but I saw a few times that Anthony Miller was open down the field and Trubisky did not pull the trigger. He needs to pull the trigger and put a couple of touchdowns on the board next week.

Matthew Stafford looks baddddddddd tonight.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
maybe that turns out to be true, but you don't know for sure.

you can't tell me that trubs didn't bring up the fear in you during that 4 quarter. that shit was scary.

I was and I am still concerned.

We need to see more. He was on point in the 1st half he was not good in the 2nd half.

I have seen very good QBs get rattled and suck. I am watching Stafford do it right now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was his first game in the system on the road.

We can talk about not being better than last year in a couple of games. He had some bad games last season as well.

If Trubisky goes for 300 yards and 2 TDs next week then what does the narrative change to?

Considering it would be his first mutli TD game after almost a full season starting, the narrative would be that he finally did something that Darnold did in his first game.

Young QBs have ups and downs except Trubs has never really had an up. He has had bad games and mediocre games. Never actually seen a really good game from him which is part of the concern.

300 yards, 1 TD. At home against the vaunted Colts defense

The next week he went 58% for 219 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT against the Redskins.

Young QBs are up and down.

Much better than 171 Yards and 0 Passing TDs against the equally vaunted Packers D.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky can't throw two tds in a game in 13 starts. One of the worst groups of receivers in the league is the excuse.

Sam Darnold throws two tds by the third quarter of his NFL career with one of the worst receiving groups in the league.

They are not that bad a unit.
His first TD was a pick that Robby Anderson stole from the DB.
Against the vaunted Lions defense.

If he sucks vs Seattle we can start to talk about a trend.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Considering it would be his first mutli TD game after almost a full season starting, the narrative would be that he finally did something that Darnold did in his first game.

Young QBs have ups and downs except Trubs has never reallt had an up. He has had bad games and mediocre games. Never actually seen a really good game from him.

Statistically maybe.

He had a good game against the Ravens, Lions and dominated the Bengals last season.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm waiting for Trubisky to show me a glimpse of anything to show he is capable of being the guy. Seriously, since that Titans preseason game last off season it has all been downhill. Guy has no pocket awareness and can't scan the field. Play Daniel and let the lad learn from the sidelines. Bears are built to win now, Trubisky is not.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Lions have paid Matt Stafford 58 million in the last 365 days.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky made Nagy look terrible. There were a ton of pass plays called that Trubisky didnt see wide open receivers, missed the throw terribly or just tucked it and ran. Idk what you guys were watching but Trubs is a deer in the headlights

I wouldn't say a ton but enough to be of concern. I think it is a game speed issue and the game has not slowed down for him yet. Either that or he sucks and is a chicken shit, I hope that is not the case or the Bears are in trouble for a while. We will only find out as the season continues if that improves. Right now I chock his retardation of QB maturity up to the Jon Fox RRPP offense that he ran last season. He also, admittedly, needs to improve his defensive recognition. I put this on his metal capabilities and the coaches ability to teach him. Lets hope he is not a mental midget.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Opinions I have been hearing from last night's game by listening to different shows and then Bears fans.

Outside people:

They think Trubisky looked good last night and think the Bears have found something.

Bears fans:

Not so impressed.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Opinions I have been hearing from last night's game by listening to different shows and then Bears fans.

Outside people:

They think Trubisky looked good last night and think the Bears have found something.

Bears fans:

Not so impressed.
Interesting. I’ve seen the exact opposite.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Outside people:

Bears fans:

Not so impressed.

Don't know who you are listening to but they are full of it.

Bears as a whole looked good last night, well for at least one half. People are giving the Bears team credit, not Trubisky. This is what I have been hearing all day from outsiders. Most, like myself, think they are an average QB away from being a force.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We need to see more.

This offense is in its infancy.

Despite all the hype, and the Swaggy Nagy talk, and the 1st half, there was always going to be growing pains and bad games.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Lol the mental gymnastics to support a shitty QB performance is amazing. Take away Brady screens and he still well above 60%. And he doing it with a hell of a lot more than 171 yards, lol.

what mental gymnastics? your the idiot that wants to take away completions, not me.. But even with taking them away he is still got a pretty good comp % unlike the crap storm that watson put up

I said before that Trubisky did some good things. I also said that he looked completely lost out there at times as well. wouldnt you agree that this is this a fair assessment of him?

I also said that at least he didnt play like hot garbage like Jimmy G and Watson did. Wouldnt you agree that having a terrible comp% and multiple turnovers is a hot pile of garbage of a performance?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He has a feeling Vegas will be missing on the Bears point spreads with the Bears covering a lot (underestimating them) not necessarily winning games though. Amirite?

Not exactly. He's big into over/unders and futures betting. He won big last night though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Statistically maybe.

He had a good game against the Ravens, Lions and dominated the Bengals last season.

Lol, you can't be serious Windy

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3039707/year/2017

He had 113 yards and 1 TD against the Ravens. That is not a good game. It is 1940s passing game.

Detroit he had 179 yards and a TD. Again the passing yards are stone age level.

I will give you the Bengals game although again I would call it a solid game not a really good game. But sure he had 271 yards to go with 1 TD.

So 1 solid game out of 14. Forgive me if I expect more. Let's revisit once Trubs manages to reach what for him would be the Holy Grail of QB performances when he gets 2 TDs in a game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
what mental gymnastics? your the idiot that wants to take away completions, not me.. But even with taking them away he is still got a pretty good comp % unlike the crap storm that watson put up

I said before that Trubisky did some good things. I also said that he looked completely lost out there at times as well. wouldnt you agree that this is this a fair assessment of him?

I also said that at least he didnt play like hot garbage like Jimmy G and Watson did. Wouldnt you agree that having a terrible comp% and multiple turnovers is a hot pile of garbage of a performance?

Again no one claimed Watson was good. The mental gymnastics is in your stupidly arguing that just because Watson was bad, it must mean Trubs was good. He was garbage. The only difference is Watson has fantastic games on his resume to allow you to hope for more.

Let's revisit when Trubs can squeeze out 2 passing TDs in a game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol, you can't be serious Windy

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3039707/year/2017

He had 113 yards and 1 TD against the Ravens. That is not a good game. It is 1940s passing game.

Detroit he had 179 yards and a TD. Again the passing yards are stone age level.

I will give you the Bengals game although again I would call it a solid game not a really good game. But sure he had 271 yards to go with 1 TD.

So 1 solid game out of 14. Forgive me if I expect more. Let's revisit once Trubs manages to reach what for him would be the Holy Grail of QB performances when he gets 2 TDs in a game.

We will see what he does with 16 games with better weapons.

Last season he was limited by so much. So as I said statistically he did not have good games. But he had good games with what he could do with play calling and weapons.

But, statistically he has not have a big game outside of the Bengals.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Patience. This will take time. It was always going to take time.

Trubisky was always a project. Our coach hasn’t had 1 game to develop him.