Trubisky is not ready

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
If you truly believe he is your guy, you have to go all in.

Which is why having a guy is Special person. They are assets at position with a near total washout rate. If a GM thinks he has a magic insight that nobody else does he should be fired.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
The Packers are far from an elite defensive team.

This is precisely what has my confidence in Trubisky declining. I get the growing pains- they are to be expected. But the Packers defense is nowhere near elite and he struggled, badly. If he was merely competent in the 4th quarter- the Bears win.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly if the expectation is that adding ARob, Burton, Gabriel and drafting Miller would lead to the same shitty offense as John Fox then not sure why we signed all those guys or brought in Nagy.

Like one thing to say he will improve but stop what the bullshit that we shouldn't expect more. Go peep what Goff did in his first game under McVay and holla at me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which is why having a guy is Special person. They are assets at position with a near total washout rate. If a GM thinks he has a magic insight that nobody else does he should be fired.

Holy hell this is Special person.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If he still looks mediocre in a couple of games then we have cause for concern. My guess is he will look better each week as he becomes more comfortable and has a better connection with his guys.

My guess is the play calling will get less cute as well. Nagy doesn’t seem like the type not to self scout.
Again that isn't the concern. The concern was how he looked down the stretch. He was downright awful. Maybe he just didn't convert this time. That's my hope, but it makes me pretty nervous how he went out with barely a whimper.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Come on Windy, this is bullshit. He has better weapons than last year and yet was no better than last year.

Nagy sat him in preseason on the basis that he was ready and then he gave a John Fox QB performance.

It was his first game in the system on the road.

We can talk about not being better than last year in a couple of games. He had some bad games last season as well.

If Trubisky goes for 300 yards and 2 TDs next week then what does the narrative change to?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So you draft a qb and wait 2-3 years before you start building around him? Or do you give him everything he needs to succeed?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly if the expectation is that adding ARob, Burton, Gabriel and drafting Miller would lead to the same shitty offense as John Fox then not sure why we signed all those guys or brought in Nagy.

Like one thing to say he will improve but stop what the bullshit that we shouldn't expect more. Go peep what Goff did in his first game under McVay and holla at me.

300 yards, 1 TD. At home against the vaunted Colts defense

The next week he went 58% for 219 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT against the Redskins.

Young QBs are up and down.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again that isn't the concern. The concern was how he looked down the stretch. He was downright awful. Maybe he just didn't convert this time. That's my hope, but it makes me pretty nervous how he went out with barely a whimper.

Having doubts is 100% fair. I have some doubts based on what I saw.

But there are a number of secondary factors that come into play.

If he shits the bed against the Seahawks I will be much more concerned.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He didn't look comfortable, panicked way too early on some plays, i can live with some missed throws and even the fumble, but he really looked like a scared rookie in the second half

He is essentially a rookie, last year was a waste.

He was overthinking everything because it is a new offense and he doesn’t have full command of it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Expect way more. He wasn’t good enough.

Maybe he just played a bad game? We need far more of a sample size.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
An acquaintance of mine is big time gambler, lives in Vegas and does well on college football & NFL and has made a lot in Daily Fantasy. Quit talking to him awhile ago since I didn't want to hear him bash the organization (&Cutler & Notre Dame lol) anymore, said he always made a lot of money on betting against the Bears. He called me today to tell me the sky isn't falling and he's betting big on the Bears from here on out, frankly shocked me to hear it. Best news I've heard all day

He has a feeling Vegas will be missing on the Bears point spreads with the Bears covering a lot (underestimating them) not necessarily winning games though. Amirite?

cobra302

Liked Posts:
I agree with those who say Trub had deer in the headlights look, particularly in 2nd half. Horrible play calling by coaching staff as well.
Throw the ball on 3rd or 4th & short? Really?!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is essentially a rookie, last year was a waste.

He was overthinking everything because it is a new offense and he doesn’t have full command of it.

maybe that turns out to be true, but you don't know for sure.

you can't tell me that trubs didn't bring up the fear in you during that 4 quarter. that shit was scary.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It wasn't just that Trubisky sucked in the 2nd half that concerned me. It was his demeanor. He looked like he saw a monster out there. Guaranteed the Packers saw that too and that fed their energy even more. If you are not confident, you will never succeed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Trubisky can't throw two tds in a game in 13 starts. One of the worst groups of receivers in the league is the excuse.

Sam Darnold throws two tds by the third quarter of his NFL career with one of the worst receiving groups in the league.