Trubisky is not ready

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We will see what he does with 16 games with better weapons.

Last season he was limited by so much. So as I said statistically he did not have good games. But he had good games with what he could do with play calling and weapons.

But, statistically he has not have a big game outside of the Bengals.

No, this is your hope. Perhaps after a full season with better weapons, we will find out the problem last year was Trubs.

Patience. This will take time. It was always going to take time.

Trubisky was always a project. Our coach hasn’t had 1 game to develop him.

Nope he had a whole offseason and preseason. He then decided to sit him in preseason because allegedly Trubs was ready.

And no it was not always going to take time. Darnold looks fine in his 1st game. Goff looked fine in his first game with McVeigh. It wasn't always going to take time. It simply is taking time with Trubs because he isn't ready.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Interesting. I’ve seen the exact opposite.

I spent half the day that Trubisky shit the bed to Packers fans today. During the Lion’s game the announcer said Trubisky looked good.

Outside of Chicago, it is much different. The fourth quarter was awful. I just hope Trubisky just did what I did at the start of the second half when he saw Rodgers trot back out. Wrote the script in his head. That will hopefully go away.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Again no one claimed Watson was good. The mental gymnastics is in your stupidly arguing that just because Watson was bad, it must mean Trubs was good. He was garbage. The only difference is Watson has fantastic games on his resume to allow you to hope for more.

So did Rex Grossman before he got figured out..

Let's revisit when Trubs can squeeze out 2 passing TDs in a game.

Yep he def needs to rack up more TDs we all can agree with that..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So did Rex Grossman before he got figured out..

Yep he def needs to rack up more TDs we all can agree with that..

Frankly I would prefer Good Rex, Bad Rex to Lukewarm Mitch, Bad Mitch.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Drive 1 - 4-4, 59 yards, 2-2 third downs, TD
Drive 2 - 4-5, 45 yards, 1-2 third down, FG inside the red zone
Drive 3-10 - 15-26, 67 yards, 2-13 third down, 6 points

As good as Mitch looked for all of drives 1 and most of drive 2, that's the first two drives, they are by the easiest drives to look good on due to the fact you have game planned most of those drives and in evaluating the rest of the game, he was so bad the rest of the game that it matters that he missed a TD throw on drive two for example.

If he can't (or Nagy doesn't have more in-game adjustments) do way more, everything else doesn't matter. Miller, Mack, etc the rest of it does not matter.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The thing is now is the time to capitalize on a new coach and new system as teams don't have tape. The disconcerting thing about yesterday is the Pack apparently figured out Nagy's offensive scheme after 2 drives, lol.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Nagy needs to tell him to just rip it. Play the ball he did in college. Plays too hard to the script.

This is what makes me nervous about his potential.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Trubisky can't throw two tds in a game in 13 starts. One of the worst groups of receivers in the league is the excuse.

Sam Darnold throws two tds by the third quarter of his NFL career with one of the worst receiving groups in the league.
Fuck. I'm glad I'm not a lions fan.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They are not that bad a unit.
His first TD was a pick that Robby Anderson stole from the DB.
Against the vaunted Lions defense.

If he sucks vs Seattle we can start to talk about a trend.

The trend began last year

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm waiting for Trubisky to show me a glimpse of anything to show he is capable of being the guy. Seriously, since that Titans preseason game last off season it has all been downhill. Guy has no pocket awareness and can't scan the field. Play Daniel and let the lad learn from the sidelines. Bears are built to win now, Trubisky is not.
Daniel is not an option outside of injury. The kid either overcomes this, or he doesn't. Playing yoyo with his playing time only forces the latter.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Daniel is not an option outside of injury. The kid either overcomes this, or he doesn't. Playing yoyo with his playing time only forces the latter.

Lol. People believing Daniels will play over Trubs even if it's deserved. Pace might as well fire himself if he/Nagy benches him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice to watch a young QB throw with anticipation. Good job Goff. Hope you watching Trubs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Trubisky isn’t ready then you play him till he is ready.

The Bears don’t have an option and they are not competing for the division this year.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
We need to see more.

This offense is in its infancy.

Despite all the hype, and the Swaggy Nagy talk, and the 1st half, there was always going to be growing pains and bad games.

Exactly this. No way in hell are we supposed to expect this offense to be firing on all cylinders during week 1 ... and especially not week 1 on the road vs division favorites.

The offense needs to look better. Everyone knows this. Let’s settle down and see how it plays out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears definitely competing for division this year if Trubs and Nagy can pull their heads outta their asses.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think they will...

2-0 vs Lions, 1-1 vs Minny, 1-1 vs GB....It isn't unrealistic. Nagy & Fangio need to pull their heads out of their ass

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Minny is very good...

and yet with Fox & the troll calling the game, we played them very tight last year. Minny's OLine has taken a major step back this year, you think Hicks & Mack are scared of that OLine? They start Compton FFS