Trubisky is not ready

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Driving to a game winning field goal would have been nice but he looked defeated and scared on the last drive. A good quarterback gets you within field goal range 80% of the time under those circumstances of time, timeouts and a free set of downs from the penalty on dipshit Matthews.

That drive was telling. Not to mention the opening drive of the third quarter. They score a TD on that drive and Rodgers doesn’t play in the game at all and we win by a large margin.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As much as people want to hang the loss on Trubisky's 2nd half performance lets be real here and take into account that Nagy had some really bad play calling in the 2nd half. In week 1 the Bears were one of the worst offenses at throwing the ball down the field. They simply fucked themselves by playing small ball to the point that Green Bay's defense could focus on covering the short game and playing man coverage outside. Nagy's game plan completely blew up in his face and he didn't adjust to it. Then there is of course the fact he turtled up going for a field goal on 4th and 1 up 3 points. There is no reason at all to take a field goal when you know the man on the other team is highly likely to march down the field for a touchdown. You sack the fuck up and run the ball on 4th and 1 to keep the drive alive for a TD. Not a fucking field goal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
who is making excuses?

You are.

I also said that at least he didnt play like hot garbage like Jimmy G and Watson did. Wouldnt you agree that having a terrible comp% and multiple turnovers is a hot pile of garbage of a performance?

The bold is excuse making as if it matters that he played better than those guys. All of them were hot garbage. You kept talking about Watson and JG like anyone gives a shit about the Texans or Niners. They can go 0-16 for all I care. Ya'll Trubs fans were talking all kinds of shit yesterday afternoon and then after the dude shit the bed, you making excuses talking about, "At least he wasn't as bad as JG and Watson."

Newsflash genius. JG, Watson, and Trubs are all 0-1. That is the only stat that matters right now. The time to gloat is after the season and after Trubs leads this team to the playoffs. Not yesterday afternoon after one game. Hopefully that is a lesson some of you learned.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You are.

The bold is excuse making as if it matters that he played better than those guys. All of them were hot garbage. You kept talking about Watson and JG like anyone gives a shit about the Texans or Niners. They can go 0-16 for all I care. Ya'll Trubs fans were talking all kinds of shit yesterday afternoon and then after the dude shit the bed, you making excuses talking about, "At least he wasn't as bad as JG and Watson."

Newsflash genius. JG, Watson, and Trubs are all 0-1. That is the only stat that matters right now. The time to gloat is after the season and after Trubs leads this team to the playoffs. Not yesterday afternoon after one game. Hopefully that is a lesson some of you learned.

thats not making an excuse for him.. saying that his WR couldnt get open, or his OL couldnt block for him etc would be making excuses for him.
Pointing out that it could be worse (as in a shit show like Watson) is not making an excuse..

I have said several times that although he did some good things. there was a lot of times out there he looked lost..

So huge fail on Remy again

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm going to give Mitch some slack. If you're running a timing offense and the snaps are more than 50% unpredictable, that tells me that everyone's going to be uncomfy. I can't believe they let this situation go on and on, whether Mitch prefers Whitehair or not. Someone has to be the adult in the room and say, your effort isn't cutting it, go be the competent guard we know you can be and elevate Daniels already.

Also, why not be willing to use the checkdown passes to Howard too, since he can actually freakin' catch the ball now!?! Forte used to feast on defenses with that ability.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm going to give Mitch some slack. If you're running a timing offense and the snaps are more than 50% unpredictable, that tells me that everyone's going to be uncomfy. I can't believe they let this situation go on and on, whether Mitch prefers Whitehair or not. Someone has to be the adult in the room and say, your effort isn't cutting it, go be the competent guard we know you can be and elevate Daniels already.

Also, why not be willing to use the checkdown passes to Howard too, since he can actually freakin' catch the ball now!?! Forte used to feast on defenses with that ability.

Yeah Howard should only be featured more. The guy can catch.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
thats not making an excuse for him.. saying that his WR couldnt get open, or his OL couldnt block for him etc would be making excuses for him.
Pointing out that it could be worse (as in a shit show like Watson) is not making an excuse..

I have said several times that although he did some good things. there was a lot of times out there he looked lost..

So huge fail on Remy again

No it couldn't be worse. 0-1 is 0-1 period. It is not like his sucking less than JG and Watson means he starts the next game with 3 points or something. How they performed in Week 1 means jack shit in week two so all that matters is all 3 of those guys were instrumental in their team losing.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No it couldn't be worse. 0-1 is 0-1 period. It is not like his sucking less than JG and Watson means he starts the next game with 3 points or something. How they performed in Week 1 means jack shit in week two so all that matters is all 3 of those guys were instrumental in their team losing.

If Tribs threw 3 int and missed a ton of passes that pretty much guarentees a L. AS marginal as Tribs played in the 2nd half he did play good enough for the Bears to win the game. So at least with his marginal paying we will still be in position to be in games with how well the D is playing. We can be in games and maybe even win a bunch while Trubisky hopefully learns and gets better. If Trubisky gets better quick enough and we can steal enough wins until he does we just might be able to make a wildcard spot. But if Trubisky put up the same shit show that watson and Jimmy G did I would have no faith for the season after the first game..

So because he didnt play like hot garbage like watson and jimmy G there is still hope

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Tribs threw 3 int and missed a ton of passes that pretty much guarentees a L. AS marginal as Tribs played in the 2nd half he did play good enough for the Bears to win the game. So at least with his marginal paying we will still be in position to be in games with how well the D is playing. We can be in games and maybe even win a bunch while Trubisky hopefully learns and gets better. If Trubisky gets better quick enough and we can steal enough wins until he does we just might be able to make a wildcard spot. But if Trubisky put up the same shit show that watson and Jimmy G did I would have no faith for the season after the first game..

So because he didnt play like hot garbage like watson and jimmy G there is still hope

This dumb logic makes it sound like if he threw 3 picks then it would mean all hope would be lost. Or that because Watson and JG played poorly last week, it means there is less hope this week. That is just stupid logic. Nothing they did this week means anything next week. Each game is independent of the other.

The O scored 16 points which is terrible. He had 171 yards and 0 passing teams. They lost. He played like hot garbage because he was a huge factor in that loss.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I think everyone is waiting on that breakout game from Trubs to show what his potential can be. We have only seen the mediocre, slightly above average and below average from Mitch and that is why a lot of folks here are pessimistic. This kid needs to have numerous games where he balls out this season or he will start hearing the bust label. I don't want to hear that it's a new system ect. He has more than enough to work with. Ball the fuck out kid or GTFO.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
This dumb logic makes it sound like if he threw 3 picks then it would mean all hope would be lost. Or that because Watson and JG played poorly last week, it means there is less hope this week. That is just stupid logic. Nothing they did this week means anything next week. Each game is independent of the other.

The O scored 16 points which is terrible. He had 171 yards and 0 passing teams. They lost. He played like hot garbage because he was a huge factor in that loss.

all hope would not be lost but lets be real here. If Trubisky threw 3 INT and only completed 45% of his passes the Bears probubly get shut out.. well maybe Mack scores the only points.. so the Bears get blown out by the packers. How would you feel about the Bears possibly making a playoff spot? I know I wouldnt be feeling very good about that..

we lost by 1 point to a superbowl caliber team, and they where in that game with our QB looking lost out there in the second half.. this has hope for the future. We are not going to be playing against arguably the best QB in the NFL every week. So there is optimism that our D can keep us in games until Trubisky gets up to speed. Our D would not be able to keep us in games if Trubisky was giving up multiple turnovers every game. So at least Trubisky weakness, there is still the chance we win games..

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Neither am I. Just trolling these Bears fans making excuses. Dude was trash. Hopefully it is his worst game for the year.

It’s totally fair to be critical of Mitch or any bears player but I really don’t get this shit.

It’s a Chicago Bears message board, and you want to go around trolling people that are hopeful that the #2 overall pick and QB that they pick turns out to be a good player?

The fuck is that? So everyone has to hold your pessimistic view?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s totally fair to be critical of Mitch or any bears player but I really don’t get this shit.

It’s a Chicago Bears message board, and you want to go around trolling people that are hopeful that the #2 overall pick and QB that they pick turns out to be a good player?

He is trolling people who were shitting on Watson and Jimmy before Trubisky even took the field

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
all hope would not be lost but lets be real here. If Trubisky threw 3 INT and only completed 45% of his passes the Bears probubly get shut out.. well maybe Mack scores the only points.. so the Bears get blown out by the packers. How would you feel about the Bears possibly making a playoff spot? I know I wouldnt be feeling very good about that..

we lost by 1 point to a superbowl caliber team, and they where in that game with our QB looking lost out there in the second half.. this has hope for the future. We are not going to be playing against arguably the best QB in the NFL every week. So there is optimism that our D can keep us in games until Trubisky gets up to speed. Our D would not be able to keep us in games if Trubisky was giving up multiple turnovers every game. So at least Trubisky weakness, there is still the chance we win games..

What is your point. 0-1 is 0-1. That is all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He is trolling people who were shitting on Watson and Jimmy before Trubisky even took the field

See Pride's response. When you act like an ass before a dude takes the field and then he shits the bed on national TV then be a man and take your medicine. If you weren't one of those guys then my trolling isn't aimed at you.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That said, he's gotta show me something. He's got to give me at least one game where I say, "Damn, this is the dude." One. Damn. Game.

He's shown some good stuff on and off, and he's shown flashes of brilliance. But he's not shown me that.

That's how I felt last season after watching him play vs. the Browns/Bengals/Lions/Packers. There were a couple of other games that I thought he played really well in, too. He just only threw a handful of passes in those games.

That being said, most of us prepared our anuses for an up and down season for the offense and Mitch. Sunday night was both. This is about what a lot of us expected.

At the same time, if we did some things differently in that game, we're not even talking about this nearly as much as we have the last couple of days. The team itself is going to have some ups and downs. We're all dealing with that now.