Trubisky is not ready

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The subject of this thread is spot on. Trubisky isn't ready. But that doesn't mean the organization benches him. He'll have to keep developing. The bench will do him no good, just hope he's competent enough to run an efficient (but not explosive yet) offense. Nagy should keep pounding the ball with the RPO and get some fucking deep ball play action in there. The horizontal screen game works once a game and is meant for college. Go deep, Trubs. Just like Alex Jones goes deep into Sparty Snowflake.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
There is hope for all 3 QBs going forward. That was always the case no matter how many Ints they threw. However as it relates to week 1 they are all losers.
Why would I or any Bears fan have "hope" that Watson or jimmy g get better going forward? I hope they both bust out of the league..
That makes them an easier team to beat if we ever play them..

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just me but sure you can talk about other teams but the issue with Watson vs Jimmy G vs Maholmes vs Trubisky is others taking it to heart. A few of us (myself included) wanted us to draft Watson and the guy lit up the nfl his rookie season while Trubisky didn't. It was brought up and a few got butthurt about it so now if any of the QB's i listed doesnt play well posters gather together to brag about it but it still doesnt affect Trubisky's performance

:roll::rolling::rofl::cum:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Rodgers was getting rid of the ball in two seconds on average, from the shotgun, the entire second half. So you're saying trubisky didn't have that much time?

What's the list of times on all of Rodgers passes? I didn't record it.

(edit) And Trubisky's too.(/edit)

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Trubs is gonna learn some moves.

[video=youtube;Hb3KoF6xNeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3KoF6xNeo[/video]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What's the list of times on all of Rodgers passes? I didn't record it.

(edit) And Trubisky's too.(/edit)
You didn't have to, they mentioned it multiple times during the broadcast. Even had a graphic at one point. Talked about the adjustment the Packers made at half. Rodgers did not have more time to throw than trubisky, otherwise they wouldn't have went shotgun and got rid of the ball so fast.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would I or any Bears fan have "hope" that Watson or jimmy g get better going forward? I hope they both bust out of the league..

Didn't say you would have hope. I am saying that their performances in Week 1 don't mean shit going forward. This Sunday is a new day and anything can happen.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You didn't have to, they mentioned it multiple times during the broadcast. Even had a graphic at one point. Talked about the adjustment the Packers made at half. Rodgers did not have more time to throw than trubisky, otherwise they wouldn't have went shotgun and got rid of the ball so fast.

Averages don't say how long a QB has.
That's the same problem with a RB who gets stopped at the line 9 times and then breaks one for 100yds, his 10yd average doesn't say what's going on.

So you're saying after being owned by our defense in the first half all the Packers had to do was go to a quick release to own our defense with a gimpy QB? And they didn't have that plan already in place for the first half knowing we had Mack? Or even put it into place after the first 3 and out proved we had a defense?

If Rodgers can do that can't every other good QB in the NFL and especially the QBs in the NFCN?
Why did we give 3 first round picks to get 2 players to force opposing teams to release faster?
We could've used those 3 picks to get a QB who can match all those other QBs' scores and had Trubisky as a backup.

On the upside maybe after next year's camp having Trubisky go against Mack will get him sped up. Perhaps he should be running the PS now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

I don't. The NFL is more exciting with dynamic players.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Averages don't say how long a QB has.
That's the same problem with a RB who gets stopped at the line 9 times and then breaks one for 100yds, his 10yd average doesn't say what's going on.

So you're saying after being owned by our defense in the first half all the Packers had to do was go to a quick release to own our defense with a gimpy QB? And they didn't have that plan already in place for the first half knowing we had Mack? Or even put it into place after the first 3 and out proved we had a defense?

If Rodgers can do that can't every other good QB in the NFL and especially the QBs in the NFCN?
Why did we give 3 first round picks to get 2 players to force opposing teams to release faster?
We could've used those 3 picks to get a QB who can match all those other QBs' scores and had Trubisky as a backup.

On the upside maybe after next year's camp having Trubisky go against Mack will get him sped up. Perhaps he should be running the PS now.

LOL, what are you talking about? Yes, if you want to beat a defense that's beating your lineman, you go shotgun (farther for the guys to go) and get rid of the ball in two seconds. A guy like Rodgers can read the field quick enough to get rid of the ball before the rush gets to him. Especially with Kwiatkowski "roaming" the middle. Not too many in the NFL can (Brady and Brees probably the only other two), we just happened to play one Sunday night.

LOL @ averages don't say how long a QB has. If he's averaging a release in two seconds, how long do you normally think he's holding the ball? Why do you think he's making the effort to get it out that fast? The first half, the Packers were taking an average of four seconds and were getting the shit kicked out of them. They were flat out dominated. Bears OL wasn't spectacular, but they weren't bad either. The only reason it looked worse was because Trubisky's pocket presence was terrible.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
LOL, what are you talking about? Yes, if you want to beat a defense that's beating your lineman, you go shotgun (farther for the guys to go) and get rid of the ball in two seconds. A guy like Rodgers can read the field quick enough to get rid of the ball before the rush gets to him. Especially with Kwiatkowski "roaming" the middle. Not too many in the NFL can (Brady and Brees probably the only other two), we just happened to play one Sunday night.

LOL @ averages don't say how long a QB has. If he's averaging a release in two seconds, how long do you normally think he's holding the ball? Why do you think he's making the effort to get it out that fast? The first half, the Packers were taking an average of four seconds and were getting the shit kicked out of them. They were flat out dominated. Bears OL wasn't spectacular, but they weren't bad either. The only reason it looked worse was because Trubisky's pocket presence was terrible.

Seems an awful big price to pay to just make a QB go shotgun. I thought pass rushers were the key to winning. Sounds like any good offense can beat it with a game plan and our focus should've been getting that offense (even if that meant another QB).

You're not too good with numbers are you? Averages do not tell how long someone had, they tell the average, that's why they're called averages and not extremes. Averages are how people on forums lie.
Now you know the half split on average time? So give me the numbers.

You replied to me replying to someone who was actually there. I even said I wondered if it was Trubisky moving early. Now you're trying to spin it back to not go along with what they said because of what you saw on TV. Are you trying to be Remmy and create a vortex? What the fuck is your problem?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Seems an awful big price to pay to just make a QB go shotgun. I thought pass rushers were the key to winning. Sounds like any good offense can beat it with a game plan and our focus should've been getting that offense (even if that meant another QB).

:obama:

Holy shit, you just can't comprehend a damn thing can you? They went to shotgun because Rodgers was hurt. He couldn't drop back. Derp. And no, most QBs can't read the defense as fast as Rodgers, so exclusive shotgun won't work. Have you heard of Aaron Rodgers? Did you watch the game at all?

You're not too good with numbers are you? Averages do not tell how long someone had, they tell the average, that's why they're called averages and not extremes. Averages are how people on forums lie.
Now you know the half split on average time? So give me the numbers.

LMAO. DID YOU WATCH THE GAME AT ALL? He threw 19 of 30 passes within ten yards. They mentioned how long it was taking to get the ball out and compared it to how fast the Packers got it out in the second half. They even showed a graphic for people like you that need visuals because they can't comprehend words. Why would they cut the release time in half? Unless four seconds was getting them killed?

You replied to me replying to someone who was actually there. I even said I wondered if it was Trubisky moving early. Now you're trying to spin it back to not go along with what they said because of what you saw on TV.

LMAO, you're taking expert advice from some guy that probably had a worse view than the TV, and who is an outright idiot.

What the fuck is your problem?

You not being able to understand very simple concepts. Seriously man, what the hell happened to you? You were a pretty good poster then suddenly went Special person after the mack trade.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find it funny that folks want to bench Mitch and start Daniel when this board wanted to cut Daniel early in the pre. I think losing to that way to GB has something to do with it. I haven't been kind to Mitch this week either but he needs to keep starting for the remainder of the year unless there's a complete meltdown.

Reactions: Myk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Interesting. I’ve seen the exact opposite.

I was at the game....When it ended every Packers fan that came up to me said at least you guys have a QB now. I was shocked. 5-6 different packers fans said this. You would think they would know good QB play when they see it.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it funny that folks want to bench Mitch and start Daniel when this board wanted to cut Daniel early in the pre. I think losing to that way to GB has something to do with it. I haven't been kind to Mitch this week either but he needs to keep starting for the remainder of the year unless there's a complete meltdown.

It's a fluid situation. Yes the Bears would love that Mitch is the guy and just needs some time to develop until he begins to dominate. But what if he doesn't grow, what if he continues to stare down his first read and miss open guys, what if he continues to get lost in the pocket and can't distribute to his playmakers?

This team is built to win now. HC's and GM's who don't win end up put of work. Bears have a window which could be cut short due to injury or the unknown. They have missed the playoffs for too many seasons and the organization and fans are sick of losing. What's wrong with sitting Mitch if he isn't ready and letting Chase have a chance? If they wait too late and the season is lost then there is no point. Do it soon or not at all.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's a fluid situation. Yes the Bears would love that Mitch is the guy and just needs some time to develop until he begins to dominate. But what if he doesn't grow, what if he continues to stare down his first read and miss open guys, what if he continues to get lost in the pocket and can't distribute to his playmakers?

This team is built to win now. HC's and GM's who don't win end up put of work. Bears have a window which could be cut short due to injury or the unknown. They have missed the playoffs for too many seasons and the organization and fans are sick of losing. What's wrong with sitting Mitch if he isn't ready and letting Chase have a chance? If they wait too late and the season is lost then there is no point. Do it soon or not at all.

Lol. I can't believe people are pushing for Choke Daniels. This board sometimes blows my mind. I thought you were going to push for a veteran trade but then ended with Chase Daniels. I haven't stopped laughing since.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. I can't believe people are pushing for Choke Daniels. This board sometimes blows my mind. I thought you were going to push for a veteran trade but then ended with Chase Daniels. I haven't stopped laughing since.

He knows the system and can run it the way it's supposed to. He doesn't cost anything. He is already on the roster. What's so funny about that.

You act like a journeyman QB has never been able to lead a team to wins before. Were you laughing or celebrating when Jim Miller was leading the Bears?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He knows the system and can run it the way it's supposed to. He doesn't cost anything. He is already on the roster. What's so funny about that.

You act like a journeyman QB has never been able to lead a team to wins before. Were you laughing or celebrating when Jim Miller was leading the Bears?

........ with a QB rating worse than Trubs. Just stop already. Trubs isn't ready, but he's still better than Daniels ever will be.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

It's pretty amusing. The guy has thrown 1 touchdown in 10 seasons.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's pretty amusing. The guy has thrown 1 touchdown in 10 seasons.

I get the argument to sit Trubs but he wouldn't be sitting behind some accomplished veteran, he'd be sitting behind Daniels. Same guy everyone wanted to be 3rd string just a month ago. Lol