Trubisky is not ready

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Havent posted in this no doubt self indulgent thread until now. Just want to say that Trubisky is as ready as he'll ever be. Can you imagine his shaky ass confidence if he were benched? Ride or die with Mitch at this point Lol.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am tired of so many people writing him off instead of allowing him to develop as pretty much all QBs have needed to do.

I certainly don't think he played well. We need him to be better than he was tonight. But I see no reason he can't be. He's in Game 2 of a new system. How much do you think he learned under Fox and Loggains?

Saying "I'll give him to the Bucs game" is silly.

Or maybe Fox/Loggains where onto something and where masking Mitch's defaults? How many games would have Fox won with Mack?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch played ok today

eh...that's debatable. You'd think Trubisky has gotten sacked a lot with the way he's scared of staying in the pocket. He gets happy feet for no reason. If he keeps improving every week and the game slows down for him, I'll be happy...but he seems like a guy who gets rattled way too easily in the pocket for no reason and misses wide open receivers. It's very concerning. If after the bye, he still doesn't look like he's making major strides, I'd be willing to switch to Chase.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was an improvement this week.

I still don’t feel like he and Nagy are on the same page or in a groove

In the 4th quarter it seemed like they got in a groove, and they had a nice TD drive. They need to find that rhythms and stay on schedule. It seems like penalties and negative plays really throw them.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

In the 4th quarter it seemed like they got in a groove, and they had a nice TD drive. They need to find that rhythms and stay on schedule. It seems like penalties and negative plays really throw them.
you mean when Nagy handcuffed Trub and kept him from losing the game? If I'm a DC, I put all defensive players in the box and make Trub beat me with his arm down the field. I keep doing that until he shows that he can consistently beat it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you will see more added week by week.....all trubiskys stats got better, completion percentage, yards per attempt, yards and TDs....obviously the INTs got worse but it was a more down the field game.....

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry but I disagree. I thought Trubisky regressed more in this game than last week. The overthrow to a wide open Howard and Gabriel. The underthrow to Robinson. And that near INT in the end zone made even Cutler blush.

Not a lot to hang his hat on this week.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am tired of so many people writing him off instead of allowing him to develop as pretty much all QBs have needed to do.

I certainly don't think he played well. We need him to be better than he was tonight. But I see no reason he can't be. He's in Game 2 of a new system. How much do you think he learned under Fox and Loggains?

Saying "I'll give him to the Bucs game" is silly.

It’s ridiculous. Did Trubisky have a huge game? No. Was he hopeless? Nope.

I heard someone compare him to Ryle Ortman. Fucking laughable. For the first few years of those guys’ careers, they were the King, and Chancellor of the one hopper pass in the short, and intermediate range.

Shit with those guys, a quick screen looked more like watching kids skipping rocks.

He needs some work on his downfield accuracy, and develop timing with his receivers. But you would think that it was Todd Collins out there the way some of these posters get unhinged.

I did not expect him to be some day 1 world beater. So maybe it’s just a difference in expectations.

I’ll finish by saying that Wilson’s pick 6 was worse than both of Trubisky’s picks combined.

Mitch’s 2 picks we’re both bad throws, but good decisions.

Russell’s pick not only directly ended up for a score, but was as shitty a decision as a QB can make.

Russell has won a SB, and has been in the league for a long time now. You would expect that a QB with less than 16 starts has a full Special person moment like that. With Russell’s years in the league, he should have known better. Fuck that, he shouldn’t have even had to think about that. Prince was clearly sitting on that throw.

Trubisky could have had 10 picks this game, and Russell’s decision there would STILL be MUCH MORE inexcusable. It’s like a grown man shitting his pants, compared to a child. Russell should NEVER have attempted...no fuck that, he should have never even contemplated attempting that throw. That was the Number one with a bullet “WTF WAS HE THINKING?” moment of the game.

But hey, it’s still more fun to pile on Mitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
I like the fact that they let him make some bone head mistakes. If you learn them fresh you might not make them again. Honestly it is almost a rookie season for mitch, the last staff said don't fuck it up. This staff played safe game one an almost let the game rhythm get a feel out. This game they gave him some let's go after it. On the first pick there is no way ar12 was the primary after it unfolded but he took a shot (off a bad open stance). The second pick was a good defensive play. A bat and a diving pick. After this 2 int game I feel more comfortable with mitch as our qb than the packer game. That is for damn sure.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with this

He played ok. Not great but made some good passes.

Part of the learning process. He really was Special person in his education with his first year. I saw some good things, come bad things. I am keeping an open mind with Mitch. This wasn't a horrible game, even with the 2 INTs. Only one you could really pin on him and if you have a young QB you have to expect this.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Mitch found AR 12 ten times tonight... this means hes finding his playmaker and developing trust in him to make certain plays and catches. Developing a relationship on the field. This shows progress.

Also Howard showed he shouldn't come off the field ever. If you wildcat you let Howard take the snap. If you do some goody shit, give it to Howard. 4th and 1 Howard.

More Howard

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
Mahomes has started 3 games and looks miles better. Bust Shitsky

Edit: They're even playing in the same system and mitch is on a better team lmao

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Mahomes has started 3 games and looks miles better. Bust Shitsky

Edit: They're even playing in the same system and mitch is on a better team lmao

Didn’t realize Mitch also has the benefit of being in his 2nd year in said system.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
All the offseason QB rankings had this Kyle Orton clone around 28th... I’ve seen nothing to suggest otherwise

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
you mean when Nagy handcuffed Trub and kept him from losing the game? If I'm a DC, I put all defensive players in the box and make Trub beat me with his arm down the field. I keep doing that until he shows that he can consistently beat it.

so handcuffing him is having him throw in the red zone for a TD? one would think if Nagy had no faith in MT then we would of ran the ball in the red zone not thrown it..

there is plenty to be critical of MT.. this is just dumb

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you will see more added week by week.....all trubiskys stats got better, completion percentage, yards per attempt, yards and TDs....obviously the INTs got worse but it was a more down the field game.....

I'm still on board but 5.88 ypa is not going downfield.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
People are mad because the Bears are superbowl contenders if the Bears just decided to draft a competent QB. Windows close quickly.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The best thing about last night is we won.

Offense scored 17 points which is substandard particularly against a D with more injuries and a WWII field hospital.