Trubisky is not ready

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find it funny that folks want to bench Mitch and start Daniel when this board wanted to cut Daniel early in the pre. I think losing to that way to GB has something to do with it. I haven't been kind to Mitch this week either but he needs to keep starting for the remainder of the year unless there's a complete meltdown.

By the end of this season we need to know what we have with Trubs so he needs to play the whole year barring injury or if he truly just looks like shit over an extended period of time.

If we get to 8 games and he still looks lost but the Bears D has kept us in the playoff hunt then maybe I can see a change being made but can't see it before then.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congratulations. You have taken a ridiculous conversation and made it insanely worse. I can say with 100 % confidence that Bears management has zero thoughts of a quarterback change internally or from the outside. While most of the world thought he overall played fairly well just still showing some immaturites, some of you act like this was a catastrophe. Could you imagine if he played like Stafford?

Don't you think Collinsworth would have ripped him to shit like he did with Cutler and Grossman if it was so bad? Yes he said he missed a couple of guys and is turning to run too fast. Big fucking deal. He was much more complimentary with even a couple of wows with his throws.

Some of you have really lost it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was at the game....When it ended every Packers fan that came up to me said at least you guys have a QB now. I was shocked. 5-6 different packers fans said this. You would think they would know good QB play when they see it.

Not buying it

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was at the game....When it ended every Packers fan that came up to me said at least you guys have a QB now. I was shocked. 5-6 different packers fans said this. You would think they would know good QB play when they see it.

I would think, coming from Packers fans, that their comments were more about Cutler than βmitch.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by Midway Mitch View Post

Not buying it

I wonder if they were being nice and / or meant that at least we " drafted a qb":shrug:

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

This is because they are used to our QB throwing a ton of picks. When Mitch didn't, it was kind of odd to them.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
:obama:

Holy shit, you just can't comprehend a damn thing can you? They went to shotgun because Rodgers was hurt. He couldn't drop back. Derp. And no, most QBs can't read the defense as fast as Rodgers, so exclusive shotgun won't work. Have you heard of Aaron Rodgers? Did you watch the game at all?

LMAO. DID YOU WATCH THE GAME AT ALL? He threw 19 of 30 passes within ten yards. They mentioned how long it was taking to get the ball out and compared it to how fast the Packers got it out in the second half. They even showed a graphic for people like you that need visuals because they can't comprehend words. Why would they cut the release time in half? Unless four seconds was getting them killed?

LMAO, you're taking expert advice from some guy that probably had a worse view than the TV, and who is an outright idiot.

You not being able to understand very simple concepts. Seriously man, what the hell happened to you? You were a pretty good poster then suddenly went Special person after the mack trade.

No, I really can't comprehend how you all were whining to get top pass rushers for the top 10 defense before we had an offense that could match the Packers if that now top 5 defense is so easy to beat and we still can't match the Packers in scoring.

You all cried for a top offense but aren't willing to do what it takes to have one because you believe in Papa Bear BS that has worked a total of one year in the modern NFL and even then it was also easy to figure out how to beat the following year. Now the rules are even worse for defense yet here we are, good defense easily beat, crying about the offense.
Steelers had a top defensive team...with an offense. Ravens had a top defensive team...with an offense. Bears...we think we got an OK offense because we filled all the spots so before we find out let's go out and handicap ourselves paying for a top defense.

Why do I have to keep repeating myself? I don't want the graphic of averages, I want the longest time. I know I saw it more than once where Mack couldn't get penetration so he dropped back to cover. I figure that happens when his internal clock says it's time for the QB to pass or he sees it coming. That's a lot better protection against a lot better rusher than Mitch got.
If Rodgers was able to get rid of it every time in 2 seconds that means we didn't need pass rusherS we needed coverage to give our pass rushers time to get there.

No, I haven't gone Special person after the Mack trade. I've even said many times you can't pass him up.
I think you're butt hurt because I don't side with your view of what's most important to build a winning team, I look at what winning teams do not what historical losers do. We did not need to upgrade the top 10 defense in the draft. We couldn't pass up the Mack deal because we could afford it, and part of affording it means Mitch is our QB. You wanted everything that happened this year. Accept that Mitch for 4 years is part of it.

I don't even mind the Mack trade with Trubisky not looking so great, I've already accepted that Mack was an all in move on Trubisky with no backup plan. And me saying that it was an all in move seems to be what started all this.

It's a fluid situation. Yes the Bears would love that Mitch is the guy and just needs some time to develop until he begins to dominate. But what if he doesn't grow, what if he continues to stare down his first read and miss open guys, what if he continues to get lost in the pocket and can't distribute to his playmakers?

This team is built to win now. HC's and GM's who don't win end up put of work. Bears have a window which could be cut short due to injury or the unknown. They have missed the playoffs for too many seasons and the organization and fans are sick of losing. What's wrong with sitting Mitch if he isn't ready and letting Chase have a chance? If they wait too late and the season is lost then there is no point. Do it soon or not at all.

Everyone has always said Trubisky would take time. We're not built to win now.
I'm actually good with sitting Trubisky if he continues like this. Same as I said with Grossman, let him learn from his good halves, then pull him out. But that time was not with anything that went on in the Packers game. You do that when he starts throwing interceptions or fumbling when the center isn't trying to hike the ball like he was kicking extra points.

The "D" also blanked the Pack for a half

So we have a really good team that can put together half a really good game. That sounds like a coaching/play calling problem to me.
Nagy lost the aggressiveness that was working. Fangio just lost any sense. It probably had nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the coaches going Lovie because we were up by 20.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by Midway Mitch View Post

I wonder if they were being nice and / or meant that at least we " drafted a qb":shrug:

They were all legitimately impressed with what they saw.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No, I really can't comprehend how you all were whining to get top pass rushers for the top 10 defense before we had an offense that could match the Packers if that now top 5 defense is so easy to beat and we still can't match the Packers in scoring.

FFS, just stop with this already. Rodgers was on his game and tore Kwiatkowski, the backup, to shreds.

You all cried for a top offense but aren't willing to do what it takes to have one because you believe in Papa Bear BS that has worked a total of one year in the modern NFL and even then it was also easy to figure out how to beat the following year. Now the rules are even worse for defense yet here we are, good defense easily beat, crying about the offense.
Steelers had a top defensive team...with an offense. Ravens had a top defensive team...with an offense. Bears...we think we got an OK offense because we filled all the spots so before we find out let's go out and handicap ourselves paying for a top defense.

You keep saying this dumb shit and I keep telling you you're wrong. This is what started this. You crying over Kyle Long and Sherrick McManis and not wanting the Bears to pay Eddie Goldman or anyone else on defense because of Mack. You've gone full on Special person since the Mack trade over this, "Bears haven't invested in offense" garbage. Pace has re-signed Long, re-signed Leno, signed Robinson, Gabriel, Burton, and drafted Whitehair, Daniels, Cohen, Howard, Shaheen, Miller, White, and Trubisky. He is investing in draft capital. For some reason, you can't get that through your thick skull.

Why do I have to keep repeating myself? I don't want the graphic of averages, I want the longest time. I know I saw it more than once where Mack couldn't get penetration so he dropped back to cover. I figure that happens when his internal clock says it's time for the QB to pass or he sees it coming. That's a lot better protection against a lot better rusher than Mitch got.
If Rodgers was able to get rid of it every time in 2 seconds that means we didn't need pass rusherS we needed coverage to give our pass rushers time to get there.

OMG, dude, just stop. Check Nextgen stats. The closest that a Packer was to Trubisky was still farther per play than the top four Bears.

No, I haven't gone Special person after the Mack trade. I've even said many times you can't pass him up.
I think you're butt hurt because I don't side with your view of what's most important to build a winning team, I look at what winning teams do not what historical losers do. We did not need to upgrade the top 10 defense in the draft. We couldn't pass up the Mack deal because we could afford it, and part of affording it means Mitch is our QB. You wanted everything that happened this year. Accept that Mitch for 4 years is part of it.

I don't even mind the Mack trade with Trubisky not looking so great, I've already accepted that Mack was an all in move on Trubisky with no backup plan. And me saying that it was an all in move seems to be what started all this.

Ugh, not even close. I'm not butthurt in the slightest, I'm completely befuddled at how far off the rails you've gone. Who would you have taken over Smith? That's the issue. Look at the draft, your boy Nelson is off the board already. Who do you think is better? Eleven of the top fourteen picks were either QB or defense. You don't get it. You take the best players, whether they're on offense or defense. You pay the best players, whether they're on offense or defense. It's your sheer ignorance of how all that works that has started this. Nothing else. I accepted the second they traded for Mack that they are all in on Mitch for at least this year. You don't understand that they can't wait for these guys to develop before building the rest of the team. You want offense. I want a fucking team.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You keep saying this dumb shit and I keep telling you you're wrong. This is what started this. You crying over Kyle Long and Sherrick McManis and not wanting the Bears to pay Eddie Goldman or anyone else on defense because of Mack. You've gone full on Special person since the Mack trade over this, "Bears haven't invested in offense" garbage. Pace has re-signed Long, re-signed Leno, signed Robinson, Gabriel, Burton, and drafted Whitehair, Daniels, Cohen, Howard, Shaheen, Miller, White, and Trubisky. He is investing in draft capital. For some reason, you can't get that through your thick skull.

Very interesting. So your and other people's strawmen, nothing I said, is what started this?

You even use your strawman right there. Are you really that stupid that you can't look at Goldman's contract and see that Long and McManis' contracts couldn't pay for it even if you didn't have to replace them with at least league minimum players? You can't look at the roster and notice Pace didn't cut Long or McManis to pay for Goldman?
I don't give a shit about McManus but you have to pay someone to do his job, you will net no more than $200,000 cutting him. If you get someone who can play LB at a starting level which is probably your big problem with him and do STs you're going to end up paying more.

That IS what I said.

I've listed the possibilities over Smith many times. I see no reason to do it again since you obviously don't read. At 8 probably Smith or what ever other defensive player it was I liked.
Some of those players would probably result in Long being traded or cut. I have no love for any player, everyone is replaceable if they can be upgraded.

And that wasn't the point with wanting Nelson. That was if he was there, same with Barkley. You're the ones who were saying you don't take those BPAs because no matter who they are their positions aren't worth it. Obviously other teams don't agree because they didn't make it to 8.
You were the ones insisting on drafting position not BPA. Pass rusher is the most important, we need a pass rusher. And now you admit all they have to do is dink and dunk us to death to beat those pass rushers you needed.

What are you going to replace Trubisky with next year, a 3rd rounder? Mitch Trubisky is our QB for at least 4 years. The best you can hope for if he's really bad is Griese starts some of those games.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Very interesting. So your and other people's strawmen, nothing I said, is what started this?

Sure Mack is great. That means you don't need Goldman or someone else on D.

Actually you do ignore the rest of the defense because you just sunk a bunch of money into a star. That's how it works.

Stop embarrassing yourself man. Just stop. I didn't even read the rest because I'm sure it's just you spewing more nonsense about the Bears not investing offensively.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By the end of this season we need to know what we have with Trubs so he needs to play the whole year barring injury or if he truly just looks like shit over an extended period of time.

If we get to 8 games and he still looks lost but the Bears D has kept us in the playoff hunt then maybe I can see a change being made but can't see it before then.

It could only be to try and secure a playoff run and none of us know if daniel would facilitate that. Other than a complete melt down, my guess is they run with Mitch come hell or high water. I suspect that even if they sat him, they would try to fix him in the off season. Kid needs reps and to help him become calmer under fire.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd rather lose with Mitch this season than go into next not knowing if he still needs reps.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Stop embarrassing yourself man. Just stop. I didn't even read the rest because I'm sure it's just you spewing more nonsense about the Bears not investing offensively.

Of course you didn't. Seems you don't read much. You just make up what you want to believe.

It boils down to I had the top players ranked differently than you because I was ranking on their talent (and that was how they went). You were ranking based on wanting to force other QBs to dink and dunk, which has been how teams have been beating Bears teams that had good to great defenses since '86.
Good plan.
But I'm embarrassing myself. Yeah, that's the ticket.