Trubisky is not ready

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't think Smith or Brees were quite as atrocious as Trubisky was last night in terms of flat out missing wide open receivers and looking like a deer in the headlights with little pressure, and the inability to even get a first down to ice a game. But trust you to focus on one marginal aspect of my entire post and ignore the larger point, which is that Trubisky doesn't look like an NFL QB in his second NFL year.

I am a huge Trubisky guy but last night he sucked. There is no other way to put it. He was scarred. However, you also ignored a broader point when saying he doesn’t look like an NFL qb in his 2nd year. First of all, he didn’t look like an NFL qb for 1 half of the first game of his first game in maybe the most complex offense in the league. I’m definitely on the wait and see side now, but to say he didn’t look like an NFL qb of his 2nd year is misleading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love me some Drew Brees, but he was fucking hideous in year 3, second year as a starter.
Didnt have much at WR, but he had the best pass catching RB that has ever been in his prime and a young antonio Gates.

4 more picks than tds and did look lost. That season alone led to the drafting of Rivers.

Not saying Trubs will be Brees, but Brees in year 3 was just abysmal.

edit- on that note, although Brees turned out to be a spectacular player, he was an anomaly. Marty made the right call deciding that year 3 was enough to pass judgement and move forward.
It just so happened in this isolated case the guy who struggled turned out magnificent.

I doubt anyone here would complain if Trubisky becomes even close to Brees but I doubt it. Brees had at least a game where he scored more than 1 TD a game, Mitch hasn't. I believe (if im reading this right) Brees also led a 4th QT comeback his 3rd year too, again Mitch hasn't. Mitch seems to be scared of the moment which will kill his career

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Good God Almighty.

Yep, a guy in his first game under a new system of which he didn't get to practice 1/2 of the playbook that we saw last night, in a live game action, goes on the road against Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay and completes 25-35 with no INT's, and rushes for a TD.

The group that didn't look ready was the DB's if we're being honest. Kyle Fuller could have ended the game and we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm surprised Amukamara still has ankles today after Adams left them on the turf and let's not even talk about the Cobb play.

He had 4.88 YPA. That's fucking terrible. And 0 pass TDs, which is becoming the norm.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He had 4.88 YPA. That's fucking terrible. And 0 pass TDs, which is becoming the norm.

Maybe we should put Mack and Smith in on oline to protect him or in as WRs.
Mack seems to be better at catching passes for TDs than the weapons we got for Trubisky.

This is exactly what you wanted. What did you expect when you were calling for it?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

He's got a lot to work on, but a good part of that 4.88 YPA has to do with the million screens that Nagy called with Green Bay just sitting on them. Even Nagy basically said in the postgame that he has to do a better job with that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Mitch choked. No doubt about it. But in all honesty who wouldn’t? The kid got up big against the GOAT and then Nagy got way too conservative and drives started stalling because of it. Rodgers comes back limping onto the field and starts gassing our defense with his hurry up style and it didn’t help that Fangio refuses to blitz for I don’t know what fucking reason. All of the sudden the kid looks up and after a couple bad drives, he’s in a shoot out with the GOAT, in his house which is the probably one of the loudest places to play, and then Nagy all of the sudden tries to throw him back into the fire after taking him out of the game completely. Serious question, who wouldn’t have choked in that scenario? This loss is on the coaching staff top to bottom. Did we really expect Mitch to win a fucking shoot out with Aaron fucking Rodgers in Lambeau???? I seriously doubt Tom Brady could even do that, but yet we crucify Mitch for not doing it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Mack seems to be better at catching passes for TDs than the weapons we got for Trubisky.

This is exactly what you wanted. What did you expect when you were calling for it?

:obama: No, you're a moron that can't grasp simple concepts.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Yep and the drive they did score on were mainly. gimmick college plays.

This roster can be so damn good. We have two of the best rb's in the NFL, our WR core is top notch and our OL is stout. We know the defense will be special but we need one guy to just be average enough and we can win games and that's what frustrates the hell out of me

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I doubt anyone here would complain if Trubisky becomes even close to Brees but I doubt it. Brees had at least a game where he scored more than 1 TD a game, Mitch hasn't. I believe (if im reading this right) Brees also led a 4th QT comeback his 3rd year too, again Mitch hasn't. Mitch seems to be scared of the moment which will kill his career

He had a couple comebacks in 02, but only 2 wins in 03 with a "game winning drive" in one of the games.
The 03 game winning drive was 4 LT runs and an incomplete pass by brees and a sack of brees.

Again, I am just playing devils advocate here.... Not saying Trubs will ever be good, let alone Brees level.

Brees did have several multi td games which Trubs doesnt have... But he also had 9 multi interception games in his first 2 seasons.
If they turned Mitch loose like they did for Brees, maybe he would have a few multi td games and a few more multi int games.

I am content to wait and see as it stands. I am far more bothered by excessive turnovers than I am lack of td passes... I made that abundantly clear in the grossman/cutler era.
I can sit and watch for a year till I make up my mind.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
A good quarterback?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When was the last time Aaron Rodgers lost at Lambeau?? Look it up.

Edit: the man has gone 57-14 at home all time. He is virtually unbeatable at home.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There is no way you are blaming the OL or WR's. Dont go down the path I did with Cutler

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
There is no way you are blaming the OL or WR's. Dont go down the path I did with Cutler

He thinks the Bears haven't invested as much in offense as defense because a bunch of guys on their rookie contracts aren't making as much as 5 year vets.

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
GUys its a first fucking game uneder a new coach and a new playbook. Why dont you relax and stop with the knee jerk reactions?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitch choked. No doubt about it. But in all honesty who wouldn’t? The kid got up big against the GOAT and then Nagy got way too conservative and drives started stalling because of it. Rodgers comes back limping onto the field and starts gassing our defense with his hurry up style and it didn’t help that Fangio refuses to blitz for I don’t know what fucking reason. All of the sudden the kid looks up and after a couple bad drives, he’s in a shoot out with the GOAT, in his house which is the probably one of the loudest places to play, and then Nagy all of the sudden tries to throw him back into the fire after taking him out of the game completely. Serious question, who wouldn’t have choked in that scenario? This loss is on the coaching staff top to bottom. Did we really expect Mitch to win a fucking shoot out with Aaron fucking Rodgers in Lambeau???? I seriously doubt Tom Brady could even do that, but yet we crucify Mitch for not doing it.

lol, then he doesn't belong in the NFL if he can't step up when the pressure is on

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Yep and the drive they did score on were mainly. gimmick college plays.

This roster can be so damn good. We have two of the best rb's in the NFL, our WR core is top notch and our OL is stout. We know the defense will be special but we need one guy to just be average enough and we can win games and that's what frustrates the hell out of me

The WR core is not top notch.

It's good enough, but I feel like people are vastly overrating the quality of the pass-catchers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Edit: the man has gone 57-14 at home all time. He is virtually unbeatable at home.

OH please, when is the last time Aaron Rodgers lead a 20 point comeback at Lambeau?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

We were up 20 to 0, we should have won. Each game is different and the expected result adjusts accordingly. Trubisky needs to take command of the game if he is going to be a very good qb. If he can't do this, he will be the next Tannehill.