Trubisky is not ready

Washington

Liked Posts:
Fangio and the D should not be getting a pass here. Lots of this is on Nagy (and Trubs) and his terrible play calling but Fangio's lack of aggressiveness sucks too. A top 5 D should not give up 21 4th qtr points. Pettine > Fangio.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For me they have till the bye not to be really good, but to be much cleaner and more efficient than last night.

4 games should be enough time to get things cleaned up and find a couple of go to plays.

Yeah i guess if you're just talking about seeing things cleaned up and Trubs more on the same page with his receivers then i can get behind after our week 5 bye and looking smoother out there.

bugg

Liked Posts:
As a fan of both the Texans and the bears, it was absolutely stunning to lose both games to teams I really wanted to see beat this weekend. As far as Watson vs Trubisky goes, Trubisky looked fucking great till after the half when the pressure was really on. I cant really knock him for being rattled, the crowd was insane and fired up and honestly they should have been using the RBs more near the end. He'll have plenty of opportunities to redeem himself. Watson looked unprepared and asleep at the wheel. Both Pats and Packers have legendary QBs with functioning defenses so it fucking sucks. I'm chalking these games up to lack of conditioning and the teams not really gelling just yet. I expect they will both be better next week

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MT can makes mistakes, and that is not the problem, it's to be expected. However, a franchise QB should have a little more swagger, some cockiness, to bounce back from those mistakes in game. What I am seeing is a Qb too focused on not screwing up, than focused on making plays, trusting his first instinct, and letting it rip. It's not the mistakes that should have everyone concerned, it's the deer in the headlights look on his face when things start to go south.

Fuller needs to spend time with Howard on the Jugs machine.

Prince's best days may be behind him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
MT can makes mistakes, and that is not the problem, it's to be expected. However, a franchise QB should have a little more swagger, some cockiness, to bounce back from those mistakes in game. What I am seeing is a Qb too focused on not screwing up, than focused on making plays, trusting his first instinct, and letting it rip. It's not the mistakes that should have everyone concerned, it's the deer in the headlights look on his face when things start to go south.

Fuller needs to spend time with Howard on the Jugs machine.

Prince's best days may be behind him.

Young QB in a huge moment on the road against the GOAT.... He got lost in the moment, hopefully it is the last time.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
It is brutal.

But this will probably be the worst week for the offense.

The offense is learning to ride a bike, this was the first time without training wheels and without dad holding the seat, and they made it a little ways down the road before crashing into a parked car and smashing their face on the back windshield.

Agreed. Honestly, my biggest concern is that the playcalling felt as though Nagy didn't trust Trubisky. I will be keeping a close eye on that throughout the season

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So bearmick can thank this post but can't reply to the answer that was given. Two QB's have been named that are legit and had bad starts to their careers mick.

Just sayin

I don't think Smith or Brees were quite as atrocious as Trubisky was last night in terms of flat out missing wide open receivers and looking like a deer in the headlights with little pressure, and the inability to even get a first down to ice a game. But trust you to focus on one marginal aspect of my entire post and ignore the larger point, which is that Trubisky doesn't look like an NFL QB in his second NFL year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Young QB in a huge moment on the road against the GOAT.... He got lost in the moment, hopefully it is the last time.

He got lost in the moment way to early though, I am talking like mid 3rd quarter, not just the last two possessions.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think Smith or Brees were quite as atrocious as Trubisky was last night in terms of flat out missing wide open receivers and looking like a deer in the headlights with little pressure, and the inability to even get a first down to ice a game. But trust you to focus on one marginal aspect of my entire post and ignore the larger point, which is that Trubisky doesn't look like an NFL QB in his second NFL year.

You dont have a good memory then

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ummmmm they were bad and Smith was really really bad.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Smith was. IIRC, he had a new system to learn for like seven years until harbaugh finally turned him into a competent qb.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Ummmmm they were bad and Smith was really really bad.
I just haven't seen a lot of improvement from Mitch yet and he gets really skiddish in the pocket. For example he had a chance to hit Robinson in the back of the endzone last night. Instead of throwing the ball in the back of the endzone with more air under and less velocity he just rips it on a wire and it wasnt catchable. I see a lot of very very questionable play and often erratic.

I really hope it clicks with Mitch and everything falls into place.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Leading up to game 4 I said I dont mind limited play time if they have seen enough to say he is ready.... but if he still looks lost I would retroactively say it was a dumbass decision.

Well.... looks like it was a dumbass decision.

Maybe Trubs will pick up the playbook, maybe he wont. But it really sucks that there were 5 games to work on it and they pissed away the opportunity.
Now we get to wait and see if he can get it while it counts.

Very bad planning.

I agree with you. But doesn’t change the fact that he is going to lose games as well throughout his career. But let’s hope he turns it around fast so it won’t be too many losses.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I love me some Drew Brees, but he was fucking hideous in year 3, second year as a starter.
Didnt have much at WR, but he had the best pass catching RB that has ever been in his prime and a young antonio Gates.

4 more picks than tds and did look lost. That season alone led to the drafting of Rivers.

Not saying Trubs will be Brees, but Brees in year 3 was just abysmal.

edit- on that note, although Brees turned out to be a spectacular player, he was an anomaly. Marty made the right call deciding that year 3 was enough to pass judgement and move forward.
It just so happened in this isolated case the guy who struggled turned out magnificent.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I was at a Bear - Charger game where Brees was pulled for Doug Flutie. He did not hit the ground running.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Damn i was good with everything until you said week 4, i'm not worrying until halfway through the season but that's just me and i get everyone has their limit on how long, well not everyone because some think it should be right now but the people that use common sense understand that there's a whole lot of new going on with this team and it's gonna take some time. I wish it didn't and we won last night and looked great doing it but it is.

Wow, I'm the exact opposite. I would start to worry by week 2, because the %'s of making the playoffs after starting out 0-2 are not good. Particularly in a division that looks like it could be the toughest in football, if the Bears lose next week, they're probably done for the year. So I would definitely push that panic button if they come out next week and lay another egg against Seattle.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I love the people that act like they know so much about football but don't even understand that Trubs just might need time or that Nagy being a first time head coach just might take him some time or that he brought in a new system that our young QB and all the other players have to learn or that we have a ton of new offensive players and that it just might take time for everything to come together. All of those are legit questions but certain people (you know who you are) that think they know soooooo much about the game of football will say the same thing which is that those are just excuses. Call them excuses but please do it by explaining to me how each one isn't the truth first.

Guarantee those certain people won't reply to this and if they do they won't give a truthful answer.

Let me end this by saying i am also not happy with Trubs and Nagy's play calling and some other things but i understand that this team has growing they have to do.

Because our concerns have nothing to do with growing pains. I love how people seem to skip over that. Trubisky got so tight at the end of the game, he could've shit out a diamond. The playcalling looked bad because Trubs missed guys that were open, whether he threw it or not. The spot was too big for him. Maybe he gets over it, but it is a legit concern since this entire team depends on him being a success.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So bearmick can thank this post but can't reply to the answer that was given. Two QB's have been named that are legit and had bad starts to their careers mick.

Just sayin

Mitch started last year. I get the new system, new coach and new teammates thing. Trust me i get that but none of those things made him sail passes over Robinson, made him frantically run around in the pocket or forget his is athletic enough to run every once in a while. That isn't due to lack of experience, its might just be mental and I dont want that again

TarHeelBear

Liked Posts:
The new kyle orton

Good God Almighty.

Yep, a guy in his first game under a new system of which he didn't get to practice 1/2 of the playbook that we saw last night, in a live game action, goes on the road against Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay and completes 25-35 with no INT's, and rushes for a TD.

The group that didn't look ready was the DB's if we're being honest. Kyle Fuller could have ended the game and we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm surprised Amukamara still has ankles today after Adams left them on the turf and let's not even talk about the Cobb play.