dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Are you saying it's not concerning if he's this awful all through his second season in the NFL? I would disagree. I can't think of a single legit successful franchise QB who looked like they literally aren't good enough to play professional football in their second year.

The excuse about his lack of starts in college needs to stop. If he's that behind the game he shouldn't have been taken with a #2 overall draft pick. His lack of starts only shows that he wasn't able to beat out a guy who also isn't an NFL QB.

In year two a QB should be bringing it together, not falling apart. He couldn't even hold it together enough to just get a couple of first downs and ice a game the defense had already won for him.

And that's another thing. As dominant as that defense looks with Mack on the field, they're going to start getting frustrated if they turn in playoff caliber performances week after week and the offense can't even game manage it over the finish line.

Alex Smith is the first one that jumps to mind. He was horrible and considered a bust until Jim Harbaugh got to San Fran.

I have this feeling you're gonna try to say A.Smith isn't a legit successful franchise QB but he is and not only is he but i also think he's way underrated and underestimated.

If Trubs could be as good as A.Smith i'd be good with that, would love to have him be even better but i'd take a A.Smith.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Alex Smith is the first one that jumps to mind. He was horrible and considered a bust until Jim Harbaugh got to San Fran.

I have this feeling you're gonna try to say A.Smith isn't a legit successful franchise QB but he is and not only is he but i also think he's way underrated and underestimated.

If Trubs could be as good as A.Smith i'd be good with that, would love to have him be even better but i'd take a A.Smith.
that's the only name bears fans ever give so are we supposed to wait 5 years down the road till he develops into an average Quarterback

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was fine for the first two drives of scripted plays and atrocious after that. He didn't play a good half, he executed the scripted start and then couldn't function at all for three quarters.

They made a couple of drives in the 2nd half and got in the red zone but they just couldn't convert once they were down there. Not happy with that 2nd half at all and there's so many people to blame for it but i have Trubs at the top of the list with Nagy and even Fuller who had the game ending INT in his hands.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
that's the only name bears fans ever give so are we supposed to wait 5 years down the road till he develops into an average Quarterback

I was answering a question from bearmick and who said anything about it taking 5 years for Trubs just because it took 5 years for Smith? Answer:Nobody. I think Trubs is better then where Smith was in his 2nd year.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Not that I am a huge believer in Trubs, but to play devils advocate I will add Drew Brees to that list. He was dismal.

They are few and far between, but they do occasionally happen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So at what point do you think it's reasonable to be concerned with this level of sheer incompetence?

Concerned with what? Trubs? Nagy? Are we still talking your Pace hate? Something else? What part are you asking about?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
That second half was atrocious. From the play calling, to the throws from Trubs, to the missed INT from Fuller. The Packers needed EVERYTHING to go their way in the second half and it did. This one stung

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Db70 is a cuck so of course he makes excuses for Snails Pace and Trubitchsky.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He hasn't flashed anything to this point. If he plays like this all season, he isn't the guy. There is no wait until next year. He needs to give us a game where we see what Pace saw in him. Not a good drive, not a good throw, an entire game. I think it will help calm people down a little. No multiple TD performance so far is pretty damn pathetic. But that 4th quarter, man, that's what has people so concerned.

Doubtful.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was the first game in a new system, with new weapons, and it was rough.

It will get better as

-Nagy settles in as a play caller
-Trubisky learns more and gains more confidence
-Robinson gets into shape
-Miller develops with reps
-More chemistry develops between everyone

It was a terrible loss and a lot of it is on 10, but there are a number of reasons that it will improve.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Okay so I'm calm from yesterday, smoked some jazz cabbage and just read through this thread and while I was clearly angry its time to clarify for points

1) Yes the title is correct. Trubisky isnt ready. He isnt ready to lead this team. He showed that by completely melting under pressure on a huge stage

2) Yes some of the play calling is bad BUT that is unfair to Nagy. He wasn't getting cute by calling a pass play on 3rd and 1, he unfortunately overestimated Trubisky passing ability

3) Nagy should have had all these ******* play more in the preseason. Clearly they are out of sync

4) Yes Mack and Smith aren't in football shape but when they are I expect the dominance to continue. They buttfucked the Packers in the 1st half but got tired because the offense couldn't sustain a drive. Once they get back into football shape i expect better.

5) Yeah i brought up Watson in this thread only because there is a comparison thread between three QB's. I suggest taking that thread down. There is no comparison. Jimmy G, Watson, Orton, Cutler hell even Tebow have had some success in the NFL, Trubisky has not. You can shit on any other QB you want but for right now we might have the worst starting one in the NFL. However Mitch still has room to improve. Imo his ceiling might be Alex Smith which terrifies me

6)Gay jokes aren't funny

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love the people that act like they know so much about football but don't even understand that Trubs just might need time or that Nagy being a first time head coach just might take him some time or that he brought in a new system that our young QB and all the other players have to learn or that we have a ton of new offensive players and that it just might take time for everything to come together. All of those are legit questions but certain people (you know who you are) that think they know soooooo much about the game of football will say the same thing which is that those are just excuses. Call them excuses but please do it by explaining to me how each one isn't the truth first.

Guarantee those certain people won't reply to this and if they do they won't give a truthful answer.

Let me end this by saying i am also not happy with Trubs and Nagy's play calling and some other things but i understand that this team has growing they have to do.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
It was the first game in a new system, with new weapons, and it was rough.

It will get better as

-Nagy settles in as a play caller
-Trubisky learns more and gains more confidence
-Robinson gets into shape
-Miller develops with reps
-More chemistry develops between everyone

It was a terrible loss and a lot of it is on 10, but there are a number of reasons that it will improve.

There's plenty of room for optimism. But losing in this manner stings so goddamn much

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's plenty of room for optimism. But losing in this manner stings so goddamn much

It is brutal.

But this will probably be the worst week for the offense.

The offense is learning to ride a bike, this was the first time without training wheels and without dad holding the seat, and they made it a little ways down the road before crashing into a parked car and smashing their face on the back windshield.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love the people that act like they know so much about football but don't even understand that Trubs just might need time or that Nagy being a first time head coach just might take him some time or that he brought in a new system that our young QB and all the other players have to learn or that we have a ton of new offensive players and that it just might take time for everything to come together. All of those are legit questions but certain people (you know who you are) that think they know soooooo much about the game of football will say the same thing which is that those are just excuses. Call them excuses but please do it by explaining to me how each one isn't the truth first.

Guarantee those certain people won't reply to this and if they do they won't give a truthful answer.

Let me end this by saying i am also not happy with Trubs and Nagy's play calling and some other things but i understand that this team has growing they have to do.

I am not going to throw grenades until after the bye week. They need some time to develop chemistry and build confidence and understanding.

That being said it still is disappointing that the hype/hope of the offseason disappeared so quickly. It is also harder to accept when Nagy tells you the offense needs time, but also does not play them in the preseason and then looks super sloppy week 1. That messaging was not a win for Nagy.

If the offense is still having cluster F moments in 4 weeks we can start to worry more.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I am not going to throw grenades until after the bye week. They need some time to develop chemistry and build confidence and understanding.

That being said it still is disappointing that the hype/hope of the offseason disappeared so quickly. It is also harder to accept when Nagy tells you the offense needs time, but also does not play them in the preseason and then looks super sloppy week 1. That messaging was not a win for Nagy.

If the offense is still having cluster F moments in 4 weeks we can start to worry more.

Level headed post...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Damn i was good with everything until you said week 4, i'm not worrying until halfway through the season but that's just me and i get everyone has their limit on how long, well not everyone because some think it should be right now but the people that use common sense understand that there's a whole lot of new going on with this team and it's gonna take some time. I wish it didn't and we won last night and looked great doing it but it is.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has had almost as many NFL starts as Watson and Garoppolo combined so let's drop the inexperience excuse, because regardless how much someone got to sit on another team's bench or how much they started in college, NFL starts are a far bigger factor in being ready for NFL games than college starts are. Watson had a bad game yesterday but has been brilliant in his short NFL experience so far, and Garoppolo has looked the part too mostly.

Trubisky has no idea what's going on around him, can't go through reads, and misses wide open receivers. What's even worse is that he appears to be the opposite of a big time gamer - he completely melts down when they need him the most. When it comes down a 4th quarter drive and you need to put up points to ice a game (heck forget the points, even just get a couple of first downs), I can't think of anyone I'd want less to lead that team than Trubisky.

Forget Watson and Garoppolo, they're utterly irrelevant. Trubisky looks bad so far and that's all that matters.
I'm talking about trubisky understanding the system and he has the least experience.

I'm just saying that as marginal of a performance he had, he did do some good things with the plays he knew well. So there is hope.. it will just take time.

I'm just glad he didn't shit the bed like Watson did.. I mean 50% completion! Wow! we can both agree that at least he didn't put up that kind of pile of crap.

Trubisky absolutely has to improve and with time I think he will. But at least for 2018 he has less of a hole to climb out of then Watson.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So bearmick can thank this post but can't reply to the answer that was given. Two QB's have been named that are legit and had bad starts to their careers mick.

Just sayin

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Damn i was good with everything until you said week 4, i'm not worrying until halfway through the season but that's just me and i get everyone has their limit on how long, well not everyone because some think it should be right now but the people that use common sense understand that there's a whole lot of new going on with this team and it's gonna take some time. I wish it didn't and we won last night and looked great doing it but it is.

For me they have till the bye not to be really good, but to be much cleaner and more efficient than last night.

4 games should be enough time to get things cleaned up and find a couple of go to plays.