Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
OFC Trubisky isn't ready. He started 1 season in college and played 12 shit games last year. Now he has an entirely new offensive system with new pieces. This shit is going to take time. If he looks like a deer in the headlights next year, then we can light the world on fire.

He hasn't flashed anything to this point. If he plays like this all season, he isn't the guy. There is no wait until next year. He needs to give us a game where we see what Pace saw in him. Not a good drive, not a good throw, an entire game. I think it will help calm people down a little. No multiple TD performance so far is pretty damn pathetic. But that 4th quarter, man, that's what has people so concerned.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Same here but I don't think he was scared about getting hit etc. It was pressure to succeed. It may go away with some success and the O becoming 2nd nature but we can't know that. It was distressing.

He was looking at the pass rush pretty often near the end as well. I can't understand why, it didn't seem like they were getting to him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he looks like a deer in the headlights next year, then we can light the world on fire.

Are you saying it's not concerning if he's this awful all through his second season in the NFL? I would disagree. I can't think of a single legit successful franchise QB who looked like they literally aren't good enough to play professional football in their second year.

The excuse about his lack of starts in college needs to stop. If he's that behind the game he shouldn't have been taken with a #2 overall draft pick. His lack of starts only shows that he wasn't able to beat out a guy who also isn't an NFL QB.

In year two a QB should be bringing it together, not falling apart. He couldn't even hold it together enough to just get a couple of first downs and ice a game the defense had already won for him.

And that's another thing. As dominant as that defense looks with Mack on the field, they're going to start getting frustrated if they turn in playoff caliber performances week after week and the offense can't even game manage it over the finish line.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was looking at the pass rush pretty often near the end as well. I can't understand why, it didn't seem like they were getting to him.
I think it was just to check time available combined with the general anxiousness but who knows for sure? That last play, no one was open on all deep routes. WTF with that call.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you saying it's not concerning if he's this awful all through his second season in the NFL? I would disagree. I can't think of a single legit successful franchise QB who looked like they literally aren't good enough to play professional football in their second year.

The excuse about his lack of starts in college needs to stop. If he's that behind the game he shouldn't have been taken with a #2 overall draft pick. His lack of starts only shows that he wasn't able to beat out a guy who also isn't an NFL QB.

In year two a QB should be bringing it together, not falling apart. He couldn't even hold it together enough to just get a couple of first downs and ice a game the defense had already won for him.

And that's another thing. As dominant as that defense looks with Mack on the field, they're going to start getting frustrated if they turn in playoff caliber performances week after week and the offense can't even game manage it over the finish line.

He's played ONE game in his 2nd season in a new offensive system with entirely new offensive players. I get what you're saying, if this continues for 16 games then I will absolutely agree with you, but I'm not making a knee jerk reaction to the first game of the season on the road.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
My problem is the deer in headlights look without reason for it. GB wasn't exactly lighting him up, yet he looked scared.

he looked great in the first half, was sharp made quick decisions etc

2nd half he looked lost. I think the deeper they got into the playbook the less confident he was. Playing time will help fix this and the more experience he gets with the new O hopefully we see more of his 1st half performance the entire game

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't completely sold on Trubs from what I saw in the preseason. I honestly think Chase gives us a better chance to get into the playoffs.

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
He looked hurried, and made panicked throws. I'm sure there were deep throws called for, but he seemed real hesitant, and tried to run or check it down.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
he looked great in the first half, was sharp made quick decisions etc

2nd half he looked lost. I think the deeper they got into the playbook the less confident he was. Playing time will help fix this and the more experience he gets with the new O hopefully we see more of his 1st half performance the entire game

He was fine for the first two drives of scripted plays and atrocious after that. He didn't play a good half, he executed the scripted start and then couldn't function at all for three quarters.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
People need to relax here. Trubisky is not a finished product. GB dialed up some exotic blitzes and Trubisky is still a work in progress. There are going to be learning games. Yes I know last night was frustrating. Rodgers has a tendency to do that to teams.

I know the first reaction is to over react. Bears had a few opportunities to win that one and they let it slip by. Frankly this is a game we were not supposed to win.

This team is still coming together and needs a little time.

There is a lot of noise on this forum right now so I don't think there is room for any level headed thought.....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
These are the expected growing pains if a young QB and young coach. It sucks, but none of this should be surprising.

You're right and good job trying with some of these people on here but they'll never get it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I tend to agree with you here but just as a footnote. Matt Ryan had an 80 rating in his 2nd year.

I think the OPs title is correct. Mitch isn't ready but that's not the important question and the answer to that is still unknown. We all knew it would take him longer than others and I still question the amount of play time he got last year, being so green. It didn't look like the lack of success hurt him but you never know. He didn't look like last night at the end of the Stanford game. The concern is less about the loss than the ability to process under pressure.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Pace fell in love with an arm and a smile. Excuses aside, there was a reason he was a college backup all those years. He lacks the mental game, moxie and leadership.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Many emo kids in this thread,

and many delusional fans on here that that don't know what a real NFL QB looks like and believe that below average show signs of greatness

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree but why the fuck wasn't the guy out there for the FIVE preseason games we had. He had what? Two series at most? Trubisky should have been working beside his receivers to get an idea of what kind of players they are in real game situations. Howard could have sat probably but Trubisky should not have seen is first real action in the first real game of the season. We all thought that Nagy was masterminding some kind of crap that would blow Green Bay away. All we saw was short to mid range stuff and screen pass after screen pass. It sure didn't take Green Bay long to figure that out.

If we are gong to get the kid ready to play then he should take advantage of all opportunities. Who cares if it is against second stringers. At least he throws a real ball, to real receivers, with real opponents trying to stop him. He looked lost and confused out there. He pulled the ball down and didn't throw it when he could have. These are things that experience can teach you but not if you aren't actually taking reps against real players.

Leading up to game 4 I said I dont mind limited play time if they have seen enough to say he is ready.... but if he still looks lost I would retroactively say it was a dumbass decision.

Well.... looks like it was a dumbass decision.

Maybe Trubs will pick up the playbook, maybe he wont. But it really sucks that there were 5 games to work on it and they pissed away the opportunity.
Now we get to wait and see if he can get it while it counts.

Very bad planning.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He was fine for the first two drives of scripted plays and atrocious after that. He didn't play a good half, he executed the scripted start and then couldn't function at all for three quarters.

after the first 2 drives he only had 1 incomplete pass the the rest of the 1st half.. the drive got stalled with a 3rd and 1 and howard got stuffed, and unfortunately the other drive got stalled because of MT only incomplete pass.

And then he came out after halftime and drove down the field again and looked good.. After that he started to just look lost out there.. so no you are wrong it was more then just the 2 scripted series..

the more playing time he gets, the more familiar he gets with the new O the better he will be.

I'm not saying he had a great outing, im saying he showed some promise.. at least it wasn't a complete shit show like what Watson and Jimmy G put up!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're right and good job trying with some of these people on here but they'll never get it.

So at what point do you think it's reasonable to be concerned with this level of sheer incompetence?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
after the first 2 drives he only had 1 incomplete pass the the rest of the 1st half.. the drive got stalled with a 3rd and 1 and howard got stuffed, and unfortunately the other drive got stalled because of MT only incomplete pass.

And then he came out after halftime and drove down the field again and looked good.. After that he started to just look lost out there.. so no you are wrong it was more then just the 2 scripted series..

the more playing time he gets, the more familiar he gets with the new O the better he will be.

I'm not saying he had a great outing, im saying he showed some promise.. at least it wasn't a complete shit show like what Watson and Jimmy G put up!

Watson and Jimmy G are irrelevant to the fact that Mitch Trubisky isn't an NFL-level football player. Aside from the fact that both of them have already shown they can be good and Mitch hasn't, bringing them into the conversation as if to mitigate Trubisky's awfulness is pointless. They're irrelevant.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
People need to relax here. Trubisky is not a finished product. GB dialed up some exotic blitzes and Trubisky is still a work in progress. There are going to be learning games. Yes I know last night was frustrating. Rodgers has a tendency to do that to teams.

I know the first reaction is to over react. Bears had a few opportunities to win that one and they let it slip by. Frankly this is a game we were not supposed to win.

This team is still coming together and needs a little time.

There is a lot of noise on this forum right now so I don't think there is room for any level headed thought.....
It's not that though. He was missing wide open guys on some plays, and he was too scared to pull the trigger on others. The guy is deathly afraid of making a mistake. The tighter the game got, the more erratic trubisky got. That isn't a good sign. It was his reaction to the moment that has people acting like this. It's not the first time he's done it. He starts to hold the ball too long, and he gets incredibly inaccurate. The rest of the team looks ready, despite the collapse.