Trubisky is not ready

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I said it all off season. Trubs isn't there yet, and I hope he gets there. This game was too big for him, and it's concerning.

Props to GB to put all DB's out there. Trubisky had no answer to it. We couldn't run the ball with all DB's and no LBs through the fat boy line?

This game was on multiple people. Nagy shit the bed, Trubisky looked liked shit, the defense gave up way too many points, Fangio didn't have an answer. A shit show.

You want to start beating GB? You can't play like fools. Rodgers on the field with one hand and 1 leg is a threat. The dude's a machine, and I hate the fucker.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess this is fans being fans in many cases here. I can get emotional too, but in reality our team is fairly healthy for a change, we're probably going to win our next few games, and is going to be a force to deal with.

Defense was gassed last night in 2nd half, that will improve dramatically next week.

To say Trubisky was atrocious sounds emotional and probably someone with a hangover. Atrocious is 8 for 19, with 3 interceptions and a fumble. The defense made adjustments in 2nd half, Nagy didn't properly adjust, he will learn.

Lot's of good things happening, but for us, a horrible loss as fans. Nothing that the Seattle game can't fix.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy better get his house in order here.

Trubs isnt ready, and it is all on Nagy.

Whether Trubs is a future HOF or a bust, the inescapable fact is that there was a night and day difference between running scripted plays vs. unscripted.

Nagy should have known what Trubs could and could not handle at the very least and called the game accordingly.

18 passing attempts by a young QB in 5 preseason games.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Watson and Jimmy G are irrelevant to the fact that Mitch Trubisky isn't an NFL-level football player. Aside from the fact that both of them have already shown they can be good and Mitch hasn't, bringing them into the conversation as if to mitigate Trubisky's awfulness is pointless. They're irrelevant.

I was just using both of there just terrible performances to show that at least MT didnt put up a HUGE pile of dog shit performance like they did. Wouldnt you agree? I mean if MT went out and only completed 45-50% of his passes and had multiple turnovers (like the shit show examples i posted) I would be much more worried. Mitch just seems his problem is lack of understanding the whole offence. which makes sense he is very inexperienced and didnt get much playing time in the preseason. So at least with Mitch the more he plays the better he should get.. He missed some passes out there (all QBs do) but for the most part he is a pretty accurate passer. If he wasnt and had a terrible completion % like what Jimmy G and Watson had I would be very worried..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not that though. He was missing wide open guys on some plays, and he was too scared to pull the trigger on others. The guy is deathly afraid of making a mistake. The tighter the game got, the more erratic trubisky got. That isn't a good sign. It was his reaction to the moment that has people acting like this. It's not the first time he's done it. He starts to hold the ball too long, and he gets incredibly inaccurate. The rest of the team looks ready, despite the collapse.

At this point, Trubs has shown very little improvement in his pocket awareness although I would say the issue has changed a bit. Last year he would take unnecessary sacks but now he has happy feet and bails on the pocket it seems if his first read is not there whether there is pressure or not. It is like he has Goldilocks syndrome where he has gone from too hot (taking a sack) to too cold (running out of the pocket too soon) and still hasn't found just right balance.

Of course, it doesn't help when your Head Coach/OC calls such a gutless 2nd half.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It does not appear that he is ready. He was bad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was just using both of there just terrible performances to show that at least MT didnt put up a HUGE pile of dog shit performance like they did. Wouldnt you agree? I mean if MT went out and only completed 45-50% of his passes and had multiple turnovers (like the shit show examples i posted) I would be much more worried. Mitch just seems his problem is lack of understanding the whole offence. which makes sense he is very inexperienced and didnt get much playing time in the preseason. So at least with Mitch the more he plays the better he should get.. He missed some passes out there (all QBs do) but for the most part he is a pretty accurate passer. If he wasnt and had a terrible completion % like what Jimmy G and Watson had I would be very worried..

No one gives a shit. We lost a game we should have won and Trubs was a huge part of that. And the issue isn't that he doesn't understand the offense. That is just a small part of it. The issue is he looks scared as shit of failing. He and Nagy need to go get Dorothy so she can help them find their courage.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Still way too early to draw very many conclusions re: MT. First game under a real offense.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still way too early to draw very many conclusions re: MT. First game under a real offense.

Not to early to draw a conclusion on Nagy though. He squandered 5 chances to figure this shit out and get Trubisky ready. Or at least run enough plays to call a full game with success.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

100% he needs a ton more time in the offense.

It was not a good first showing, especially after they sat in the preseason.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
What I got out of that game is that the Bears are not beating the Packers until Rodgers retires. He's 34. He can ream us playing on one hobbled leg. How many years does he have left? Two? three? four?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No one gives a shit. We lost a game we should have won and Trubs was a huge part of that. And the issue isn't that he doesn't understand the offense. That is just a small part of it. The issue is he looks scared as shit of failing. He and Nagy need to go get Dorothy so she can help them find their courage.

you give a shit otherwise you wouldn't of replied.

he didnt look scared of failing he just looked lost. He made plenty of good throws to keep drives moving.. but the longer the game went on the more lost he looked. It sucks, but at least there is hope. He can get more experience.. but if he was horribly inaccurate then there is not a lot to hope for..

I dont know if you caught any other games but could you imagine how depressing it would be if Trubisky was horribly inaccurate like Jimmy G was? i mean only 45%! or even Watson? only 50%! And then not having any 1st round picks the next 2 years!

At least Trubiskys problems seems to just be inexperience.. thats an easy fix.. just takes time

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Not that I'm suprised but anyone thinking they know either way is dilusional. I was at the game and he made sow amazing throws but also had some real clunker throws. The play calling is what bothered me the most. It was beyond mind boggling. Mitch wasn't given options on so many play calls that he couldn't push the ball down the field. I also think the ALL 22 will show that we didn't have alot of separation on many throws.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not that I'm suprised but anyone thinking they know either way is dilusional. I was at the game and he made sow amazing throws but also had some real clunker throws. The play calling is what bothered me the most. It was beyond mind boggling. Mitch wasn't given options on so many play calls that he couldn't push the ball down the field. I also think the ALL 22 will show that we didn't have alot of separation on many throws.

He missed 2 TD throws, how much better would have everything been if he had just made 2 easy throws.

Robinson ran an amazing redzone fade.
Cohen was schemed into a great matchup and was open on the wheel route

Just make those 2 throws and it is a Bears blow out and Trubisky threw 2 TDs.

JoeyBones21

Liked Posts:

Does being at the game give you more authority to discuss his throws or something?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm still trying to figure out why the fuck Sims was featured yesterday. Fucking terrible

What do you mean when you say he was featured? He had 3 targets but not sure what you mean by that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you give a shit otherwise you wouldn't of replied.

he didnt look scared of failing he just looked lost. He made plenty of good throws to keep drives moving.. but the longer the game went on the more lost he looked. It sucks, but at least there is hope. He can get more experience.. but if he was horribly inaccurate then there is not a lot to hope for..

I dont know if you caught any other games but could you imagine how depressing it would be if Trubisky was horribly inaccurate like Jimmy G was? i mean only 45%! or even Watson? only 50%! And then not having any 1st round picks the next 2 years!

At least Trubiskys problems seems to just be inexperience.. thats an easy fix.. just takes time

Trubisky has had almost as many NFL starts as Watson and Garoppolo combined so let's drop the inexperience excuse, because regardless how much someone got to sit on another team's bench or how much they started in college, NFL starts are a far bigger factor in being ready for NFL games than college starts are. Watson had a bad game yesterday but has been brilliant in his short NFL experience so far, and Garoppolo has looked the part too mostly.

Trubisky has no idea what's going on around him, can't go through reads, and misses wide open receivers. What's even worse is that he appears to be the opposite of a big time gamer - he completely melts down when they need him the most. When it comes down a 4th quarter drive and you need to put up points to ice a game (heck forget the points, even just get a couple of first downs), I can't think of anyone I'd want less to lead that team than Trubisky.

Forget Watson and Garoppolo, they're utterly irrelevant. Trubisky looks bad so far and that's all that matters.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky has had almost as many NFL starts as Watson and Garoppolo combined so let's drop the inexperience excuse, because regardless how much someone got to sit on another team's bench or how much they started in college, NFL starts are a far bigger factor in being ready for NFL games than college games are. Watson had a bad game yesterday but has been brilliant in his short NFL experience so far, and Garoppolo has looked too.

Trubisky has no idea what's going on around him, can't go through reads, and misses wide open receivers. What's even worse is that he appears to be the opposite of a big time gamer - he completely melts down when they need him the most. When it comes down a 4th quarter drive and you need to put up points to ice a game (heck forget the points, even just get a couple of first downs), I can't think of anyone I'd want less to lead that team than Trubisky.

Forget Watson and Garoppolo, they're utterly irrelevant. Trubisky looks bad so far and that's all that matters.

preach brother!!!