Trubisky is not ready

ciscopack

Liked Posts:
<<<The Pack in my nickname is for NC State; friend of Tarick Cohen here. Chicago traded up for a 1st Round guy who couldn't start for Larry Fedora at Unc until his senior season; he couldn't beat out a nobody QB. He'd be a good back-up QB...that's it. I should say casual acquaintance of TC; I watched him play at the same HS I went to ~35 years earlier. I'm sure he stands beside anyone he plays with as TEAMMATES and friends. My comments mean nothing as far as his thoughts!!!!

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
What would've happened if Daniel was quarterback? Would it have been any better?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Applefan

Liked Posts:
You guys do know that not every successful qb is acquired in rd.1. See the last 2 SB winners.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im laughing at anyone who attacked Watson today.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give it some time... new guys in a new system with a young inexperienced QB and young inexperienced HC... but man did we let GB off the hook... Fuller needs to catch the ball.

On the bright side, Jordan Howard’s hands looked good and Parkey was perfect on the night.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
When the Bears ran out of scripted plays they were fucked.

Makes me nervous for the rest of the year. Don't forget the Packers had no idea what was coming going into week 1, so the Bears had a huge advantage. The Seahawks aren't going to be as surprised next week, so if Nagy doesn't start making some adjustments, we could see another ugly offense in Chicago.

koniu77

Liked Posts:
That's three games this year where Nagy let second half big leads get squandered big time, 1. Chiefs last playoff game 2. Our last preseason game 3. Today. Seems like the offense is good while the script is rolling, after that shit hits the bricks.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch had to convert once but kept shitting the bed

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
These are the expected growing pains if a young QB and young coach. It sucks, but none of this should be surprising.

Yet still disappointing. What bugged me the most is how anxious Mitch became on those last drives.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What really concerns me is that Trubs looks scared of fucking up. It is one game and hopefully it is an anomaly but I saw a guy that would rather eat the ball than take a chance to actually help the team win.

No one wants to see a repeat of Cutler but you have to have some sort of desire to want to be the hero in order to play in this league and what I saw from Trubs tonight is that he was not trying to be the hero. He was trying to not be the reason we lost by playing it safe.

And Nagy did him no fucking favors in one of the most cowardly play calling performances I have ever seen.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
These are the expected growing pains if a young QB and young coach. It sucks, but none of this should be surprising.

I agree but why the fuck wasn't the guy out there for the FIVE preseason games we had. He had what? Two series at most? Trubisky should have been working beside his receivers to get an idea of what kind of players they are in real game situations. Howard could have sat probably but Trubisky should not have seen is first real action in the first real game of the season. We all thought that Nagy was masterminding some kind of crap that would blow Green Bay away. All we saw was short to mid range stuff and screen pass after screen pass. It sure didn't take Green Bay long to figure that out.

If we are gong to get the kid ready to play then he should take advantage of all opportunities. Who cares if it is against second stringers. At least he throws a real ball, to real receivers, with real opponents trying to stop him. He looked lost and confused out there. He pulled the ball down and didn't throw it when he could have. These are things that experience can teach you but not if you aren't actually taking reps against real players.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What really concerns me is that Trubs looks scared of fucking up. It is one game and hopefully it is an anomaly but I saw a guy that would rather eat the ball than take a chance to actually help the team win.

No one wants to see a repeat of Cutler but you have to have some sort of desire to want to be the hero in order to play in this league and what I saw from Trubs tonight is that he was not trying to be the hero. He was trying to not be the reason we lost by playing it safe.

And Nagy did him no fucking favors in one of the most cowardly play calling performances I have ever seen.

This. The throwback to Simms? The wheel route on 3rd & 1 in the red zone? LOL
What kind of shit is this?