Turco Signed (1Y,1.3M), Hawks walk away from Niemi.

Buryit Toews

Liked Posts:
Re: WGN Reporting Turco signed for $1.75 per. Niemi also si

[quote name="R K"]

well it was the rumor going around the organization this weekend.

I would love for Road to have screwed up!!! In fact that would make my weekend![/quote]

I'm sure we will find out tomorrow, Roan is a giant douche-tard, that would be pretty funny.

[quote name="Buryit Toews!"]

I'm sure we will find out tomorrow, Roan is a giant douche-tard, that would be pretty funny.[/quote]

In 14 years I never saw Roan at the UC once during a Hawk game until the FIRST WEEK Mcdonough came aboard. Then, mysteriously, I saw Roan three times in the week.

Yup.

bierboy

Liked Posts:

Zawaski backpedaled though after saying Roan was wrong, if you read his subsequent tweets.

EDIT: Now I see he is saying that WGN may have screwed up. I think it's a done deal, just not being announced officially yet with the arbitration response still hanging.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hmm, I wonder if they will let me return the jersey now.....

Maybe AMEX will believe my card got stolen....

On Kuc's twitter...

Goalie asks agent what this means.

Well Anti, it appears now to mean your agent priced you out of job in Chicago.

Way to go Zito.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Turco signing now being reported on 1040 the Score (via twitter) as done.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

Roster shaping up...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Igor Makarov ($0.552m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)

Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.025m)

Bryan Bickell ($0.541m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m) / Jack Skille ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Campbell ($7.142m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)

John Scott ($0.512m) / Ivan Vishnevskiy ($0.821m)

GOALTENDERS

Marty Turco ($1.750m) /Corey Crawford ($0.800m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $4,157,753

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,167,424; BONUSES: $65,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,297,576

I put Vishnevskiy as the 5th Dman instead of Lalonde and Leddy, based on pro experience. He's already played 146gms in the AHL...and may be ready, and allow Lalonde and Leddy to play as a pairing, but thats what camp is for.

The 1.3mil left is great, to sign a Vet Dman to pair with him on the third pairing...hopefully get a vet wanting a last chance to win the cup, in the 800K - 1mil range. Maybe a guy like Witt, Ward....Willie Mitchell hasnt been signed yet with a concussion history. I'm anxious to see what Scooter gets for Niemi - hopefully another 1st or 2nd round pick would rock.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

If this is true.....FUCK YEA!!!!!!!

Turco for under 3 mil, thats unbelievable, under 2? Jesus, this guys wants to win NOW. And I loved Niemi, but Turco is better IMO, and cheaper, best signing of the off-season.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="pmxc12873"]Roster shaping up...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Igor Makarov ($0.552m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)

Viktor Stalberg ($0.850m) / Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)

Tomas Kopecky ($1.200m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Troy Brouwer ($1.025m)

Bryan Bickell ($0.541m) / Jake Dowell ($0.525m) / Jack Skille ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Campbell ($7.142m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)

Brent Seabrook ($3.500m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)

John Scott ($0.512m) / Ivan Vishnevskiy ($0.821m)

GOALTENDERS

Marty Turco ($1.750m) /Corey Crawford ($0.800m)

CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY: $4,157,753

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,167,424; BONUSES: $65,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,297,576

I put Vishnevskiy as the 5th Dman instead of Lalonde and Leddy, based on pro experience. He's already played 146gms in the AHL...and may be ready, and allow Lalonde and Leddy to play as a pairing, but thats what camp is for.

The 1.3mil left is great, to sign a Vet Dman to pair with him on the third pairing...hopefully get a vet wanting a last chance to win the cup, in the 800K - 1mil range. Maybe a guy like Witt, Ward....Willie Mitchell hasnt been signed yet with a concussion history. I'm anxious to see what Scooter gets for Niemi - hopefully another 1st or 2nd round pick would rock.[/quote]

Me too! If true, the Turco deal is a brilliant move for Stan and the Hawks but to my mind, the single best thing Stan has done this offseason is getting the returns he has when we've known all along the roster would take some hits. Gotta give the man his props in nabbing The Hockey News' "2010 Future Watch" issue 49th, 50th, and 51st best prospects in their rankings of Morin, Stahlberg, and Vishnevskiy! That's just plain fucking CHOICE! Not to mention retroactive props for scoring Leddy in the Barker deal. It's all especially gratifying after reading various hockey and/or team forums for months and seeing that there were straight-up fools who actually thought some sort of league-wide collusion was gonna go on between the other 29 teams and that the Hawks would just be low-balled for their talent or else would just have to take other teams fucking junk parts for cap relief. . ."Psych!" :lol:

:facepalm:

Maiden I completely agree with you for once. Everyone is turning Niemi into a chump. If I remember correctly Niemi made some key saves during the finals that if he would have been scored on, would have changed the entire series.

Really sucks to watch this team get dismantled after such a great year. I understand that's part of the salary cap and all but we are going to be hoping a lot of guys hit their potential or it's going to be quite the shuffle.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="TJD"]:facepalm:

Maiden I completely agree with you for once. Everyone is turning Niemi into a chump. If I remember correctly Niemi made some key saves during the finals that if he would have been scored on, would have changed the entire series.

Really sucks to watch this team get dismantled after such a great year. I understand that's part of the salary cap and all but we are going to be hoping a lot of guys hit their potential or it's going to be quite the shuffle.[/quote]

Negative. No one here to my eye is disparaging Niemi's past Hawks play, his worth during the SC run, or his natural potential as chump-change. Although for myself, I would argue I have never considered him part of the "core" and I don't think the Hawks have ever explicitly included him in it either. But whatever, what people are saying is that he has been chumped by his slickass agent into hardballing his way right off the SC-defending Hawks team IF the Turco/Niemi sign & trade rumors are true.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

Really sucks to watch this team get dismantled after such a great year. I understand that's part of the salary cap and all but we are going to be hoping a lot of guys hit their potential or it's going to be quite the shuffle.[/quote]

Well those who turned him into a chump are wrong, not man did though. At the price, there's no way you can say Turco isn't more valuable, I think at the same price he's a better goaltender. Not to mention I've wanted him in the Indian Head back when Niemi was driving the zamboni in Finland.

I think our team is just as talented as last year. Gonna be a different team no doubt, but I would not be surprised if we see more points in the regular season. Healthy Hossa all year..... Makarov, Leddy, Lalonde, Beach, Dowell, Bickell, all SKILLED players, Turco instead of Huet for 48 games......Missing Ladd and Steeg will hurt the most IMO. Can't wait for this season to start, I can't take anymore bandwagoners who went apeshit after the cup win telling me the Hawks are gonna suck next year.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I disagree, there was speculation on how much he was demanding, and rightly so, were pointing out his flaws. I think everyone here would rather have Niemi at 1.75 per than Turco.

When comparing Niemi with Huet? yes without Niemi in net I doubt the hawks would have won the cup. Because Huet over 2 years here hasn't even proven to be an adequate 2m per goalie.

Just because people say they don't think hes worth whats being asked doesn't mean they are treating him like a chump. this day in age it just seems all to frequent a goalie has a steller year then flops. See Huet, do you seriously want to make the same mistake twice?

Finally, no i dont really think any number between 2m and 3m is too much to test the waters on if he will be the real deal year after year, the fact is I dont want to potentially lose another key player just to keep Niemi, when we can get someone like Turco on the cheap.

Ton

Liked Posts:

Whats the point of trading someone like Kopecky or perhaps some other piece just to keep Niemi for one year?

I don't understand the logic in that.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:

[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]

Well those who turned him into a chump are wrong, not man did though. At the price, there's no way you can say Turco isn't more valuable, I think at the same price he's a better goaltender. Not to mention I've wanted him in the Indian Head back when Niemi was driving the zamboni in Finland.

I think our team is just as talented as last year. Gonna be a different team no doubt, but I would not be surprised if we see more points in the regular season. Healthy Hossa all year..... Makarov, Leddy, Lalonde, Beach, Dowell, Bickell, all SKILLED players, Turco instead of Huet for 48 games......Missing Ladd and Steeg will hurt the most IMO. Can't wait for this season to start, I can't take anymore bandwagoners who went apeshit after the cup win telling me the Hawks are gonna suck next year.[/quote]

You don't have to be a bandwagoner to be a little bit pragmatic. Last year's team won the Cup and had 52 wins and 112 points. Even if the guys coming in were every bit as skilled as the ones departing (and who's to say they aren't, but the guys coming in are very inexperienced compared to the ones departing), don't you even worry a little bit about chemistry? Let's face it. The guys leaving this team were damn good players too. Without them we don't win last year. This was a TEAM effort. Yes, the core is back and that's great, but I have to think we take a little step back next year. Just a little. Yes, we should make the playoffs with ease and yes, I think we could contend. But there hasn't been a repeat cup winner since 97-98. Its damn hard to repeat, even harder when you have about 8-9 new faces in the lineup.

On one hand, I'm glad there is turnover on the team because it keeps guys hungry. I don't think there is a chance the 10-11 Hawks become complacent. However, to achieve more than 112 points next year I think is a stretch.

I don't think any knowledgeable fan thinks the Hawks will "suck" next year, but I'm sure there are those like me who are taking more of a wait and see approach.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="bookjones"]

Negative. No one here to my eye is disparaging Niemi's past Hawks play, his worth during the SC run, or his natural potential as chump-change. Although for myself, I would argue I have never considered him part of the "core" and I don't think the Hawks have ever explicitly included him in it either. But whatever, what people are saying is that he has been chumped by his slickass agent into hardballing his way right off the SC-defending Hawks team IF the Turco/Niemi sign & trade rumors are true.[/quote]

BULLSHIT!!! GO BACK AND REREAD ANY THREAD REGARDING NIEMI AND YOU'LL FIND GOONS TALKING SMACK ABOUT NIEMIS PLAY. TYPICAL FAIR WEATHER CHICAGO FANS WHO DONT KNOW DICK ABOUT WINNING!!!

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Ton"]Whats the point of trading someone like Kopecky or perhaps some other piece just to keep Niemi for one year?

I don't understand the logic in that.[/quote]

WHY DO YOU ASSUME ITS ONLY 1 YEAR? WHERE DOES IT SAY NIEMI DOESNT RESIGN AFTER 2010-11? BECAUSE THE RULING IS FOR 1 YEAR AUTOMATICLALY MEANS NIEMI IS GONE AFTER 10-11?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

Can we trade Niemi for Andrew Ladd?

What a cluster fuck of events this off season. From deals that had to be made to deals that could have been handled better if so many fucking egos weren't at work.

Can we start the season now? I'm tired of this offseason. I am ready for the Hawks to defend the Cup with our new #1 Marty Turco and some other new faces. I am excited about seeing the new Hawks yet still sad about all the guys we had to lose and how we lost them. But it is what it is. Time for the Hawks 2nd straight cup.

Will be interesting to see what deal the Hawks have in place for Niemi. Lets see what draft picks we get. Thanks for being part of an unforgetable season though Niemi.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

64 NHL games total.

Different times.[/quote]

111 GAMES TOTAL.