Tyler Scott seems like a steal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For his size Claypool is not properly utilized by Getsy.
Claypool is TRASH they just drafted his replacement. Mooney and the rook will outplay him and the Bears will quietly move on.

Poles has a plan but the personnel he's getting to execute his plan mostly sucks.

No one is hyping any of the DL he drafted and he didn't upgrade the linebacker core from the start of last year.

They just went out and hyped up Justin Jones today as their 3-technique which is laughable.

Poles traded down in a draft year where about 20 players graded out as first round picks and then refused to draft the best player in the draft when he fell into his lap at 9.

Poles is in over his head and learning on the job barely even covers this mess.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Claypool is TRASH they just drafted his replacement. Mooney and the rook will outplay him and the Bears will quietly move on.

Poles has a plan but the personnel he's getting to execute his plan mostly sucks.

No one is hyping any of the DL he drafted and he didn't upgrade the linebacker core from the start of last year.

They just went out and hyped up Justin Jones today as their 3-technique which is laughable.

Poles traded down in a draft year where about 20 players graded out as first round picks and then refused to draft the best player in the draft when he fell into his lap at 9.

Scott certainly isn't a replacement for Claypool, they're completely different receivers who will fill completely different roles. Claypool has all the talent to be an elite receiver. He has to out it all together, but he's not even 25. 9 tds his rookie year, 1700+ yards his first two seasons. He hasn't played to his potential but he has not been trash.

Considering last year Poles didn't have a 1st round pick and didn't have cap space to sign free agents and obviously none of this years additions have played yet, I'm not sure what you're basing your opinions on.

Who care if a player is "hyped" in the off-season? DTs don't get much hype anyways. And not addressing the linebacker core??? Are you joking? They signed two very good starters, added Sewell in the draft and have Sanborn who would be a great 4th linebacker. Saying he didn't improve the linebacker core is crazy.

They didn't hype Justin Jones. They did what every team in history has done, said the veteran is the starter and the rookies have to earn their spot. By your logic the Panther "hyped" up Andy Dalton today.

Weird that the best player in the draft was available at 9, right? You'd think the best player in the draft would at least be the first defensive player taken? It's almost like he had a bunch of character concerns or something that caused 8 other teams to pass on him.

You cannot judge a GM after one year. Your opinions, obviously filled with a negative bias, are not facts. You have no clue wether or not Poles is a bad GM or a great GM. It is literally impossible to know, and drawing a conclusion like that at this point is utterly pointless.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Scott certainly isn't a replacement for Claypool, they're completely different receivers who will fill completely different roles. Claypool has all the talent to be an elite receiver. He has to out it all together, but he's not even 25. 9 tds his rookie year, 1700+ yards his first two seasons. He hasn't played to his potential but he has not been trash.

Considering last year Poles didn't have a 1st round pick and didn't have cap space to sign free agents and obviously none of this years additions have played yet, I'm not sure what you're basing your opinions on.

Who care if a player is "hyped" in the off-season? DTs don't get much hype anyways. And not addressing the linebacker core??? Are you joking? They signed two very good starters, added Sewell in the draft and have Sanborn who would be a great 4th linebacker. Saying he didn't improve the linebacker core is crazy.

They didn't hype Justin Jones. They did what every team in history has done, said the veteran is the starter and the rookies have to earn their spot. By your logic the Panther "hyped" up Andy Dalton today.

Weird that the best player in the draft was available at 9, right? You'd think the best player in the draft would at least be the first defensive player taken? It's almost like he had a bunch of character concerns or something that caused 8 other teams to pass on him.

You cannot judge a GM after one year. Your opinions, obviously filled with a negative bias, are not facts. You have no clue wether or not Poles is a bad GM or a great GM. It is literally impossible to know, and drawing a conclusion like that at this point is utterly pointless.
What facts do you want?

The Bears started 3-4 their GM made trade that he thought would put them into playoff contention. He would have never traded that pick for Claypool. He made that trade with an eye on the Bears getting to the playoffs in a pathetic division. The Vikings had a horrible point differential the Lions had a porous defense and the Packers had a pissy Aaron Rodgers struggling to get on the same page with his WRs and Poles thought now was the time to strike.

Instead they lost every game the rest of the season and the entire Bears media turned around and said oh well he meant to do that.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What facts do you want?

The Bears started 3-4 their GM made trade that he thought would put them into playoff contention. He would have never traded that pick for Claypool. He made that trade with an eye on the Bears getting to the playoffs in a pathetic division. The Vikings had a horrible point differential the Lions had a porous defense and the Packers had a pissy Aaron Rodgers struggling to get on the same page with his WRs and Poles thought now was the time to strike.

Instead they lost every game the rest of the season and the entire Bears media turned around and said oh well he meant to do that.
Which trade was with an eye on the playoffs? Dumping their best defensive player or dumping their best pass rusher? TIA for the unintelligible answer.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What facts do you want?

"I am excited about this player," Poles said. "I've really liked the way that our offense is starting to come together and move. I thought it was important to add another impact player for our offense to go along with the guys that we currently have in the receivers room right now.

"I like the way Justin is trending," Poles said. "And I think adding another big body who's physical, explosive, great leaping ability, can stretch the field but also is violent with the ball in his hands, as well as a blocker, enhances everyone around him."

"You can never have enough weapons and guys that help your quarterback gain confidence," Poles said. "I know a lot of the guys are starting to make plays for us. Adding another receiver is going to allow him to continue to grow and gain that confidence."

None of those quotes are from a GM that's "tanking"

But after the Bears lost the rest of their games suddenly it's a narrative shift.... Oh he meant to do that. They meant to tank. And then after Houston won everyone became happy about being the worst team in the NFL.

WTF? How in the F do you get excited about being there worst team? Somehow that's where we are.

The offense shit the bed with no games in which they scored more than 24 points the rest of the way.

Folks are excited about who exactly?

If you want to give Darnell Wright his props okay I'll buy it.

DJ Moore okay.

Trumaine Edmunds is worse than Roquan Smith but decent.

Who else?

They literally added one impact player with all those draft picks and all that money.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Is Daniel arguing with himself?
He quoted himself while responding to me with his unintelligent answer I guess to act like he wasn't responding to me. Somehow his proof that they weren't tanking when they tore down the roster before the season and went in with the worst roster, then made it worse by trading their best player and best pass rusher, is that they also added a player. What a dunce. I hope this guy doesn't have kids because his genes don't need passed on.

DavidH

Liked Posts:

Damn, you are a fucking moron.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

LOL....."Poles is in over his head and learning on the job barely even covers this mess"

Ok lets look back to link #9 Now take a look at your contradictions in link #88
And finally link #142 Please do not avoid the linked contradictions
--------------------------------------
At 9 correct me, if I'm wrong, u wanted Jalen Carter. Well the coaching staff and the locker room
is not equipped to handle a Carter if he goes off the rails. The Eagles have a veteran locker room
and are more equipped to put Carter back on course.

------------------------------------------

"Claypool is TRASH they just drafted his replacement." you say

For his size Claypool is not properly utilized by Getsy. Claypool is 6'4" 238. Have u ever heard of "match ups"
and "mismatches"......when we think of football?? The OC has to see and take advantage of mismatches through
route and play design.
--------------------------------------------------------

"No one is hyping any of the DL he drafted and he didn't upgrade the linebacker core from the start of last year" . you say

Ok go through are new LB's tell us why they are less than what we had. Start with Tremaine Edmunds.6′ 5″ 249 lbs who has 4.54 speed

meangreek

Liked Posts:
You think Justin Fields can't throw? Okay.
Look at the stats, Its the same shit as Cutler everyones the problem except him.
All you Fools buy in, Cant wait to see him on IR
Go ahead and tell me it takes 3 years to develop a QB
Tell me Its the offensive line,
No its the Wide receivers

Enjoy your running back

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy is insanely fast. Honestly, I didn't watch a lot of him before the pick. I was hoping they'd go a different direction. But damn, he makes people look like they are chasing him with weights on their feet. I thought the video was sped up at first lol. Hopefully it translates to the NFL

Go watch highlights of Garret Wolfe and then temper expectations.

His 4.44 says he isn't fast in the NFL, and while he displayed great balance in keeping his feet in college, at 170 lbs keeping his feet in this league will get him hospitalized.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hahahaha.

At Mooney and Scott replacing Claypool.

Claypool is an identity WR targeted for his perfect fit as a vertical threat with blocking ability/size for this offense. He is the ultimate weapon for the bind they want to put defensive backs in.

Mooney and Scott couldn't replace him in this offense if they were Steve Smith and Tyreke Hill...(they aren't even in their dreams)
Once you understand that you might have a glimmer of a hope of seeing how stupid your post really was.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Look at the stats, Its the same shit as Cutler everyones the problem except him.
All you Fools buy in, Cant wait to see him on IR
Go ahead and tell me it takes 3 years to develop a QB
Tell me Its the offensive line,
No its the Wide receivers

Enjoy your running back
Except Jay Cutler was given every chance for a decade, while Justin Fields has had two years in God awful situations.
FTR, what would you have liked to see done this offseason at the QB position?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hahahaha.

At Mooney and Scott replacing Claypool.

Claypool is an identity WR targeted for his perfect fit as a vertical threat with blocking ability/size for this offense. He is the ultimate weapon for the bind they want to put defensive backs in.

Mooney and Scott couldn't replace him in this offense if they were Steve Smith and Tyreke Hill...(they aren't even in their dreams)
Once you understand that you might have a glimmer of a hope of seeing how stupid your post really was.
Claypool is trash.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Claypool is trash.
Look I don't think the Claypool situation has a happy ending for Bears, concluding with an unearned overpay or he walks for nothing in free agency.

Given we have money to burn they should front load Jaylon Johnson with guarantees that make him cheap to keep when/if Fields contract comes due, and overpay front load Claypool on something they can get out of cleanly in two years.

Is he an upgrade over Harry even?

Look I think he's a poor version of David Boston and way too heavy for his position, should and might be the move TE.

But Mooney and Scott aren't going to do shit either.

The idea though is to get the ball in playmaking hands and let them work. Try letting Scott get 75 touches and get back to me on how that turns out, this isn't flag football.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to The Athletic, Stevenson covered Scott pretty well this weekend, but also possibly hurt his knee. I highly recommend you subscribe to The Athletic.