Tyler Scott seems like a steal

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to The Athletic, Stevenson covered Scott pretty well this weekend, but also possibly hurt his knee. I highly recommend you subscribe to The Athletic.

The athletic is home to the most articles I wish I could read and never will because they are stubbornly married to a pay for play scheme that died over 20 years ago.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will squat you
I'll probably squat 3 of you, or two of these "fat cat" CCSers. Pun intended.

My lifting life cycle was complete when I inspired a giant playing in the Mexican professional basketball league.

We worked out at the same little rink dink college gym well after we were alumni. I did play against him at midnight once when he graced the regular kid hard court rats with his presence.

As the second biggest guy I had to guard him, but giving up 4 inches and 100 lbs got completely owned without his trying.

It was at the gym on a fateful afternoon he caught me deadlifting 450-550 lbs for reps with my spindly, pale, scrawny ass
sticks for legs and toothpicks for wrists . He came over grinning mid set, and chuckling...and I asked this giant if he was laughing AT me.

He said "nah man,"
"That's truly inspirational."I'll never forget it.

So I like to think this massive dude is out there somewhere getting well marbled and squatting houses.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The athletic is home to the most articles I wish I could read and never will because they are stubbornly married to a pay for play scheme that died over 20 years ago.
Yeah I get it. I refused to subscribe to them for a very long time; until they started accepting PayPal in fact. Despite PayPal being controversial at times, I have a couple of thoughts on it.
  1. I figure that however imperfect PayPal is, they know a lot more about keeping payments secure than all but the largest merchants. Put another way, unless a company has their own dedicated card and payment security staff, I don't want to give them my credit card. That's not to say that PayPal hasn't had breaches- but honestly, everyone has had breaches. I'll still take my chances with a large payments provider than a small to medium sized merchant.
  2. If as a merchant you don't accept PayPal, chances are you screwed someone along the way and got your merchant account revoked. In other words, if a merchant accepts PayPal, it adds to their legitimacy. I do know that there have been some merchants with legitimate issues with PayPal and their propensity to hold onto your money for weeks until they're good and ready. I've even had them to do this to me, and I'm an ex-employee.
As for your point of paywalls and paying for content, I also get that point. But as a business owner myself, I can tell you that writers and hosting fees cost money, and ad revenue has been shrinking as of late. Besides, the Bears are one of the things in life I enjoy, and living in an out-of-market location means that if I want to keep up to date with them, I may have to pay a little bit for that coverage. It may not be worth it to others, and honestly I'm okay with that; I don't criticize those that don't agree.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can only remember ever stealing my father's axe, a few times.

Why teach me to use it if he didn't want me to steal it?
He wanted you to know about the Thanatos principle.

Deck squats?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
LOL at calling a pro athlete worth millions "trash." All while you type from your booger covered keyboard in moms basement ?.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wanted you to know about the Thanatos principle.

Deck squats?
Well it appears his lessons took a little too well. Perhaps there is time yet to correct and change at least in spirit or intention to at least die honorably.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well it appears his lessons took a little too well. Perhaps there is time yet to correct and change at least in spirit or intention to at least die honorably.
Hey bro the unexamined life is not worth living. No deck squats?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I don' t disagree. But we'll have to wait and see. I hope Poles doesn't feel pigeon-holed into signing Claypool just because we spent draft capital to acquire him. But again, I guess we'll have to see how he performs.
The thing with Claypool was it looked like he was starting to come on in that game he got hurt, then the injury. The rest of the season does not really matter after that. It is a wait and see approach this season with Claypool to get a better picture (better protection and more skill players around opens the field for all receivers and backs). I like where the Bears are right now with the receiver core, including Claypool.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
According to The Athletic, Stevenson covered Scott pretty well this weekend, but also possibly hurt his knee. I highly recommend you subscribe to The Athletic.
But we have Pulitzer-winning Jordan Sigler and Daniel CCS right here!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah I get it. I refused to subscribe to them for a very long time; until they started accepting PayPal in fact. Despite PayPal being controversial at times, I have a couple of thoughts on it.
  1. I figure that however imperfect PayPal is, they know a lot more about keeping payments secure than all but the largest merchants. Put another way, unless a company has their own dedicated card and payment security staff, I don't want to give them my credit card. That's not to say that PayPal hasn't had breaches- but honestly, everyone has had breaches. I'll still take my chances with a large payments provider than a small to medium sized merchant.
  2. If as a merchant you don't accept PayPal, chances are you screwed someone along the way and got your merchant account revoked. In other words, if a merchant accepts PayPal, it adds to their legitimacy. I do know that there have been some merchants with legitimate issues with PayPal and their propensity to hold onto your money for weeks until they're good and ready. I've even had them to do this to me, and I'm an ex-employee.
As for your point of paywalls and paying for content, I also get that point. But as a business owner myself, I can tell you that writers and hosting fees cost money, and ad revenue has been shrinking as of late. Besides, the Bears are one of the things in life I enjoy, and living in an out-of-market location means that if I want to keep up to date with them, I may have to pay a little bit for that coverage. It may not be worth it to others, and honestly I'm okay with that; I don't criticize those that don't agree.
The Athletic has a large lineup of qualified writers who don't use sensationalism to get clicks.

They write actual journalist-quality stuff, not blogger crap.

They get facts, they provide insight, and they aren't immature knuckleheads.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let’s not forget we also have @dabears70 who reposts everything @erik.lambert (sportsMockery) posts, who himself writes articles based on ccs posts

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Great the underwear Olympics

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Athletic has a large lineup of qualified writers who don't use sensationalism to get clicks.

They write actual journalist-quality stuff, not blogger crap.

They get facts, they provide insight, and they aren't immature knuckleheads.
What have I said that isn't factual? Please tell me what isn't factual about Justin Fields being a below average NFL passer...

I said the Bears should start Khalil Herbert ahead of David Montgomery last year because he was clearly a far better player and a better fit for the system. I caught hell for that too. How could I make such a statement after only 4 games starting from Herbert.

This shit isn't rocket science.

Here let me put it to you another way. The Bears improved their offensive line but they didn't improve it enough for Justin Fields to play at a high level. Most of this board is enamored with Ryan Poles and Justin Fields and they think he'll be far better than last year. The fact of the matter is the offensive line might go from horrible to below average.

For Justin Fields to succeed there will have to be a huge leap of improvement from Braxton Jones and Wright will have to play better than any rookie OT ever. This doesn't mean right won't eventually be good but it's a huge ask for him to be average in year one.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
What have I said that isn't factual? Please tell me what isn't factual about Justin Fields being a below average NFL passer...

I said the Bears should start Khalil Herbert ahead of David Montgomery last year because he was clearly a far better player and a better fit for the system. I caught hell for that too. How could I make such a statement after only 4 games starting from Herbert.

This shit isn't rocket science.

Here let me put it to you another way. The Bears improved their offensive line but they didn't improve it enough for Justin Fields to play at a high level. Most of this board is enamored with Ryan Poles and Justin Fields and they think he'll be far better than last year. The fact of the matter is the offensive line might go from horrible to below average.

For Justin Fields to succeed there will have to be a huge leap of improvement from Braxton Jones and Wright will have to play better than any rookie OT ever. This doesn't mean right won't eventually be good but it's a huge ask for him to be average in year one.

You don't seem to understand the difference between fact and opinion.