Tyrod Taylor

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is a guy who's been flying under the radar. He's had some bad breaks. Most recently losing his starting job with the Chargers due to an incompetent "team doctor" puncturing his lungs. Bottom line, Taylor is a smart Qb. He doesn't make a lotta stupid mistakes with the football. He's never had double-digit ints. He wouldn't cost an 'arm & leg'.....i.e. no 2-3 first round picks etc.

Does he bring us a SB, probably not. Is he gonna be a so-called "elite Qb" ....naw. But he's a steady-eddy type, who can worse case act as a "bridge Qb" for a drafted Qb. And he's a competent, low cost option.

Here's more info on him below........ and the link provides stats. Focus on what he did in Buffalo :

Tyrod Taylor - Los Angeles Chargers

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

• Won Super Bowl XLVII with Baltimore at the team's backup QB in his second NFL season.
  • Since 2015, is one of three NFL QBs to have at least 8,000 passing yards and 1,500 rushing yards (Carolina QB Cam Newton and Seattle QB Russell Wilson).
  • Became just the sixth QB in NFL history to register 3,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards in consecutive seasons when he did so in 2015-16, joining Newton (five-straight seasons, 2011-15), Randall Cunningham (three, 1988-90), Wilson (three, 2013-15), Colin Kaepernick (two, 2013-14) and Michael Vick (two, 2010-11).
  • Over his first three seasons with the Bills, recorded the second-most victories by a QB (23) and the most TDs (65 total — 51 passing, 14 rushing) over the same stint in franchise history.
  • Posted 10 games with a passing TD and rushing TD while in Buffalo, the second-most by a QB in Bills history, trailing only QB Jack Kemp (13 from 1963-67).
  • Set a Bills record in 2015 by going 222-straight pass attempts without an interception.
  • Ranks as the No. 1 QB in Bills history in completion percentage (62.6) with at least 500 attempts and in rushing yards (1,575).
  • Sits at No. 6 on Buffalo's all-time list for completions (774) and passing yards (8,857).
  • With 14 rushing TDs in a Bills uniform, ranks second in team history among QBs

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’d take him over Foles, but wouldn’t give him a franchise QB type of contract.

And that's cool.

You do a standard, low risk contract with the guy. The beauty of all this is that he's a smart, competent Qb who's not gonna cost 'arm & leg'. Worse case, he's a "bridge Qb" . Best case, with our D, he gets a playoff win and we roll from there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And that's cool.

You do a standard, low risk contract with the guy. The beauty of all this is that he's a smart, competent Qb who's not gonna cost 'arm & leg'. Worse case, he's a "bridge Qb" . Best case, with our D, he gets a playoff win and we roll from there.

A bridge to where?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
A bridge to where?

to a drafted Qb who can sit behind him and learn. Unfortunately, that's kinda what he's been in the past. I think he'd come in with a chip on his shoulder, ready to prove he can be a top Qb. We really haven't had a Qb with a "something-to-prove" attitude.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
to a drafted Qb who can sit behind him and learn. Unfortunately, that's kinda what he's been in the past. I think he'd come in with a chip on his shoulder, ready to prove he can be a top Qb. We really haven't had a Qb with a "something-to-prove" attitude.

Generally speaking teams have a better chance at finding "the guy" at a higher pick than a lower pick.

What good would Taylor do in this?

Bears need to go all in whether winning or tanking. I doubt it will be the former.

I doubt the Bears look for a bridge QB. I see them either drafting a QB in the first this year, going all in for Watson or Wilson. Anything else is a failure.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Generally speaking teams have a better chance at finding "the guy" at a higher pick than a lower pick.

Bears need to go all in whether winning or tanking. I doubt it will be the former.

I doubt the Bears look for a bridge QB. I see them either drafting a QB in the first this year, going all in for Watson or Wilson. Anything else is a failure.

I tend to agree with this.
Tyrod Taylor is a guy who can maybe win a playoff game or two with a fantastic defense, but without that he is a football purgatory type of guy.. middle of the pack and out of the top picks.

That said, I would love to see him land on a strong team and do well. Just not here.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Note I said worse case.

Lets not kid ourselves.....we're probably not gonna end up with either Watson or Wilson. Ya don't wanna force a rookie into the starters position that isn't ready. We need a G.B. N.E. approach to Qb development.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We have a bridge quarterback already on the roster. I have nothing against Tyrod Taylor but he's redundant.

read the link enclosed in post>>>>> #1

Also note I said worse case bridge quarterback.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Note I said worse case.

Lets not kid ourselves.....we're probably not gonna end up with either Watson or Wilson. Ya don't wanna force a rookie into the starters position that isn't ready. We need a G.B. N.E. approach to Qb development.
What the fuck is a New England approach to QB development? Get lucky and draft the GOAT in the 6th round and then ride him for two decades?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We have a bridge quarterback already on the roster. I have nothing against Tyrod Taylor but he's redundant.
Look what you made me do OP. I agreed with mongo

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What the fuck is a New England approach to QB development? Get lucky and draft the GOAT in the 6th round and then ride him for two decades?

Other Qb's have left there and had success with other teams. Same with G.B. We don't draft and develop Qb's.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better for that to just keep Foles that can run this O... kinda. We are paying him either way. As a starter, I prefer Taylor for sure but to groom a QB for Nagy, Foles is likely the better option to run and teach it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Problem with Tyrod is he would probably win enough games to keep Nagy/Pace in place, therefore screwing us in the long run.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Other Qb's have left there and had success with other teams. Same with G.B. We don't draft and develop Qb's.
Green Bay since Rodgers: BJ Coleman, Brian Brohm (with a second rounder), Brent Huntley, Matt Flynn, Ingle Martin.

They've developed zero QBs other than their Hall of Famer.

I would also like to draft more QBs, not sure how signing Tyrod Taylor when you already have a bridge QB in Foles makes this more possible.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft a QB in the first, you stick with Foles.

No reason to lose 1M by cutting Foles and having to sign another QB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Green Bay since Rodgers: BJ Coleman, Brian Brohm (with a second rounder), Brent Huntley, Matt Flynn, Ingle Martin.

They've developed zero QBs other than their Hall of Famer.

I would also like to draft more QBs, not sure how signing Tyrod Taylor when you already have a bridge QB in Foles makes this more possible.
G.B. has either developed or got something for those Qb's. When have we got something for any of our Qb's that left.

Taylor has more up side than Foles. Foles has made some dumb mistakes with the football in key situations.