Tyrod Taylor

dennehy

Liked Posts:
G.B. has either developed or got something for those Qb's. When have we got something for any of our Qb's that left.

Taylor has more up side than Foles. Foles has made some dumb mistakes with the football in key situations.

What has GB gotten for them? What did they spend on them? Your point makes no sense.

Taylor is just money against the cap, the upside is just a lower draft pick next year. Also that wasn't the question I asked.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Tyrod taylor is a decent qb if you miss out on everyone. They better be all in on wilson or watson.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
G.B. has either developed or got something for those Qb's. When have we got something for any of our Qb's that left.

Taylor has more up side than Foles. Foles has made some dumb mistakes with the football in key situations.

LOL Taylor doesn't have more upside than Foles these takes are beyond ridiculous .

Tyrod Taylor is 31 with ONE career playoff start where he threw for 134 yards and lost

Nick Foles is 31 and has started 6 playoffs game and gone 4-2

Where the hell is the upside ?

I dont even want to defend Foles but damn all these retreads that some of you want to dive into will need the same things Foles needs to be successful the only difference is that with Foles we knows that at least he gives u a chance to win a playoff game with all these other guys who knows as they have never done anything

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
LOL Taylor doesn't have more upside than Foles these takes are beyond ridiculous .

Tyrod Taylor is 31 with ONE career playoff start where he threw for 134 yards and lost

I dont even want to defend Foles but damn all these retreads that some of you want to dive into will need the same things Foles needs to be successful the only difference is that with Foles we knows that at least he gives u a chance to win a playoff game with all these other guys who knows as they have never done anything
Tyrod Taylor has a better overall record and QB rating. The only reason Foles has more playoff wins is because he was on a very good Philly team and Wentz got hurt. I’d take Taylor any day over Foles.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can't get the big two (Three if you wanna include Dak...) and you can't get Mitch on a cheap deal, this with the stats in mind, is not a bad deal. If the stats hold up you are likely getting the QB that should of backed up Mitch last year. I get why Nagy would want Foles over anyone else, BUT I think we learned that the O line is not going to get much better at least not in one off season, at least not a drastic improvement, so someone who can throw on the run and think with their brain, I'm on board with this more than I was say... not reading these stats.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is a guy who's been flying under the radar. He's had some bad breaks. Most recently losing his starting job with the Chargers due to an incompetent "team doctor" puncturing his lungs. Bottom line, Taylor is a smart Qb. He doesn't make a lotta stupid mistakes with the football. He's never had double-digit ints. He wouldn't cost an 'arm & leg'.....i.e. no 2-3 first round picks etc.

Does he bring us a SB, probably not. Is he gonna be a so-called "elite Qb" ....naw. But he's a steady-eddy type, who can act as a "bridge Qb" for a drafted Qb. And he's a competent, low cost option.

Here's more info on him below........ and the link provides stats. Focus on what he did in Buffalo :

Tyrod Taylor - Los Angeles Chargers

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

• Won Super Bowl XLVII with Baltimore at the team's backup QB in his second NFL season.
  • Since 2015, is one of three NFL QBs to have at least 8,000 passing yards and 1,500 rushing yards (Carolina QB Cam Newton and Seattle QB Russell Wilson).
  • Became just the sixth QB in NFL history to register 3,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards in consecutive seasons when he did so in 2015-16, joining Newton (five-straight seasons, 2011-15), Randall Cunningham (three, 1988-90), Wilson (three, 2013-15), Colin Kaepernick (two, 2013-14) and Michael Vick (two, 2010-11).
  • Over his first three seasons with the Bills, recorded the second-most victories by a QB (23) and the most TDs (65 total — 51 passing, 14 rushing) over the same stint in franchise history.
  • Posted 10 games with a passing TD and rushing TD while in Buffalo, the second-most by a QB in Bills history, trailing only QB Jack Kemp (13 from 1963-67).
  • Set a Bills record in 2015 by going 222-straight pass attempts without an interception.
  • Ranks as the No. 1 QB in Bills history in completion percentage (62.6) with at least 500 attempts and in rushing yards (1,575).
  • Sits at No. 6 on Buffalo's all-time list for completions (774) and passing yards (8,857).
  • With 14 rushing TDs in a Bills uniform, ranks second in team history among QBs
Everywhere Tyrod Taylor goes the team he plays for looks for a replacement

twetz

Liked Posts:
All this thread does is highlight the issue - Nagy and Pace are not going to provide a solution this season, or ever to the decades long problem known as 'who is the Bears QB'. Mortgage the future to acquire Watson or Wilson and deal with their contracts/salaries or mortgage the future to move up in the draft for the (as we know too well) less than sure bet prospects and deal with the gaps in draft equity. It's a puzzle to understand how they are still employed. Their established 'culture' doesn't give me the warm fuzzies on game days with their inability to be competitive vs. their arch rival.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Other Qb's have left there and had success with other teams. Same with G.B. We don't draft and develop Qb's.
This is the anti truth, not a single QB has left GB and had an ounce of success, and NE QB's have all flamed out shortly after leaving NE, unless you are including Brady, which has proved it was the pupil not the teacher in no uncertain terms.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

bingo, we have a winner here.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hard pass!

You either go big and do whatever to get Watson or Wilson while going for it all or draft your franchise QB and keep Foles or Mitch as your bridge QB, Tyrod will really do no better a bridge QB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Everywhere Tyrod Taylor goes the team he plays for looks for a replacement

Foles was replaced by Mitch. Most of foles success was with the eagles in a limited role. Key is limited.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

and read this..... Tyrod Taylor - Los Angeles Chargers

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

What has GB gotten for them? What did they spend on them? Your point makes no sense.

Taylor is just money against the cap, the upside is just a lower draft pick next year. Also that wasn't the question I asked.

Ok so I'm not gonna do research on what or how G.B. was compensated for every Qb that was drafted, developed and traded. Matt Hasselbeck was a former Packer. Look him up. The Packes have been developing Qb's going back to Don Majkowski & Lynn Dickey . As for Taylor, my point is that he'd be a low cost, competent Qb option.

What the fuck is a New England approach to QB development? Get lucky and draft the GOAT in the 6th round and then ride him for two decades?

Starting with Jimmy G. look up some of the Qb's who've past through N.E. Look up Matt Casell. Go back to Jim Plunkett

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ok so I'm not gonna do research on what or how G.B. was compensated for every Qb that was drafted, developed and traded. Matt Hasselbeck was a former Packer. Look him up. The Packes have been developing Qb's going back to Don Majkowski & Lynn Dickey . As for Taylor, my point is that he'd be a low cost, competent Qb option.

Starting with Jimmy G. look up some of the Qb's who've past through N.E. Look up Matt Casell. Go back to Jim Plunkett

You won't do the research because the research is not favorable to your argument. I don't need to look those players up, I know who they are. And they have nothing to do with the Packers current organization. Lynn Dickey was drafted by Houston and sucked his whole career. Don Majkowski sucked too and left GB as a free agent.

Since Rodgers was drafted they've drafted 6 QBs, all of whom have been bad (including a second rounder who never threw a single TD pass in the NFL), and got one 6th rounder in return.

NE results are a bit better because they have usually had a really good team that made their QB look better than they were, but only Garoppolo has had any real success anywhere else and I don't think most people would say he is a good NFL QB. Brissett and Cassel are meh to bad.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Tyrod Taylor has a better overall record and QB rating. The only reason Foles has more playoff wins is because he was on a very good Philly team and Wentz got hurt. I’d take Taylor any day over Foles.

Tyrod Taylor is 24-21 89 rating
Foles is 28-27 87 rating

one has a super bowl ring and playoff wins and the other doesnt have anything there is no upside there

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Tyrod Taylor is 24-21 89 rating
Foles is 28-27 87 rating

one has a super bowl ring and playoff wins and the other doesnt have anything there is no upside there
Once again, Foles only had his opportunity because Wentz went down and was playing with one of the best offenses in the league at that time. There is a good chance Taylor would have won with that offense too. We have literally seen with our own eyes who Foles really is. At least Taylor has more mobility and is more accurate. So yes, I would say he is an upside, but not by much. Your “argument” with Foles winning playoff games and having a super bowl ring is a joke.