Tyrod Taylor

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He was 4-1 in the regular season before. He lost his 1st game in overtime after Wentz was 5-6 that year. WTF are you talking about? You're making up stuff as you go along. I am not a big Foles fan so I hate defending him like this but you're just talking nonsense and spin.
Are you sure about that? The Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2018 which means it was the 2017/18 season. Wentz went 11-2 that season before getting hurt and Foles coming in to take over. Wentz did go 5-6 in the 2018 season though. Am I really make stuff up?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Agreed, TT has mobility (rushing TDs) and is safer with the ball through the air. A Taylor/Foles combo is essentially the same as Mitch/Foles, we don't really need that again.

Additionally, Nagy never capitalized on Mitches mobility (yes, TT is better), so I doubt he would do any better with Taylor.

IF we had Taylor and a draft pick at QB, I could get behind that.
Yeah, I would never go for a Taylor/Foles combo. Your last sentence is exactly what I was thinking. Completely replacing Foles with Taylor and drafting a QB. But let’s hope that doesn’t have to be the scenario.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you sure about that? The Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2018 which means it was the 2017/18 season. Wentz went 11-2 that season before getting hurt and Foles coming in to take over. Wentz did go 5-6 in the 2018 season though. Am I really make stuff up?
yup, the year before the SB win. It wasn't a fluke.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Yes he has, but he's also shown that he's not good on the bears.

Pretty much the entire league outside of mitch/foles has not shown that yet.

Thats because we couldn't protect him and now because we refuse to build up the Oline we are gonna fall into the stupidity of believing that there is someone veteran retread QB that wont need protecting ?

Its amazing how $hit Foles gets from this fanbase after trotting him out there with no protection and Corradelle as his 3rd option.

As I said from the start if you can get a stud established starter do it but the meatball take of talking themselves into believing that somehow there is some veteran out there that wont need an OLine or run game to be effective is ridiculous .

msadows

Liked Posts:
Thats because we couldn't protect him and now because we refuse to build up the Oline we are gonna fall into the stupidity of believing that there is someone veteran retread QB that wont need protecting ?

Its amazing how $hit Foles gets from this fanbase after trotting him out there with no protection and Corradelle as his 3rd option.

As I said from the start if you can get a stud established starter do it but the meatball take of talking themselves into believing that somehow there is some veteran out there that wont need an OLine or run game to be effective is ridiculous .

Once again, the only knowns we have are that mitch/foles are not good.

I have zero desire to see either take a snap for the bears again.

Tyrod might end up worse than foles, but he has yet to show that. Foles was as bad as I've seen a bears QB since the johnny quinn times. Throwing for the same # of TD's/INT's in starts is terrible in todays era. Like god awful.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
He was 4-1 in the regular season before. He lost his 1st game in overtime after Wentz was 5-6 that year. WTF are you talking about? You're making up stuff as you go along. I am not a big Foles fan so I hate defending him like this but you're just talking nonsense and spin.

Exactly Im not arguing Foles is great its just ridiculous how hard people are gonna talk him down to hype up these retreads as somehow being better instead of actually trying to fix the problems

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Only way I support this move. Essentially put foles at #3QB due to his contract(unless someone wants to trade for that scrub).

Either way there is zero chance nagy/pace are willing to go into 2021 with that foles shitshow as your starter.

If they can't get wilson/watson, draft pick is the only option to save their jobs. If they draft a guy, I've said many times I don't want them seeing the field this year so Taylor would be a great stopgap. I'd rather have Winston or darnold in that role, however.
I would rank the three as Taylor, Winston and Darnold in order of preference, and here is why.

Taylor is the kind of QB that does excite you at times, but will not kill a defense by putting them in bad field position turning over the ball. He will likely play well enough to allow your rookie to stay on the bench and learn.

Winston is exciting and absolutely infuriating all at once. Not sure our aging defense could hold up to his tendency to turn the ball over, and he would likely force Nagy to start the rookie to try and save his ass.

Darnold has potential but needs a coach that can get him out of his funk, just not sure that is Nagy and that would force the rookie to be playing soon than he needs to.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
yup, the year before the SB win. It wasn't a fluke.
My original point was the Eagles wouldn’t have been in the Super Bowl without Wentz, who went 11-2 and Foles came into a great situation. And you came back at me saying no, Wentz went 5-6 and it was all Foles. WTF are you talking about now?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at what you quoted. Joke. I fixed it before you quoted me but the point stands. Foles had a better record than Wentz over those 2 playoff years and had a lot to do with those wins. He wasn't just along for the ride.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Look at what you quoted. Joke. I fixed it before you quoted me but the point stands. Foles had a better record than Wentz over those 2 playoff years and had a lot to do with those wins. He wasn't just along for the ride.
Ok, whatever you say.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
My original point was the Eagles wouldn’t have been in the Super Bowl without Wentz, who went 11-2 and Foles came into a great situation. And you came back at me saying no, Wentz went 5-6 and it was all Foles. WTF are you talking about now?

Thats because you fail to realize that Foles led them to the playoffs the year after the SB as well when he beat us so again your claims that somehow Foles was just along for the ride just doesnt hold up .

The year after the SB Wentz went 5-6 and Foles came in led them to the playoffs and beat us at Soldier Field

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Thats because you fail to realize that Foles led them to the playoffs the year after the SB as well when he beat us so again your claims that somehow Foles was just along for the ride just doesnt hold up .

The year after the SB Wentz went 5-6 and Foles came in led them to the playoffs and beat us at Soldier Field
I get that, but I have not once talked about any other season except for their super bowl season. I’ve only mentioned that Foles came in because Wentz got injured and played on a phenomenal team. I’ve already stated Foles as accomplished more but once again, that doesn’t make him a good QB. He was a product of being on a good football team. We have seen that before.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I think as this drags on it becomes increasingly likely that Pace looks to trade up in the draft and get one of the qbs and put foles or another vet like Taylor behind him.

In theory this is a solid move, except for the fact that I have zero faith in Pace to draft the right guy.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I get that, but I have not once talked about any other season except for their super bowl season. I’ve only mentioned that Foles came in because Wentz got injured and played on a phenomenal team. I’ve already stated Foles as accomplished more but once again, that doesn’t make him a good QB. He was a product of being on a good football team. We have seen that before.

That phenomenal team was 5-6 the year after the SB and he came in led them 4-1 into the playoffs and then beat us on our home field so he played a huge part in their success.

My issue is that we know he can play well with a good Oline but we would rather chase the unicorn QB than simply go all in on improving the Oline play . Its one thing to chase the unicorn when the situation favors you but a whole nother thing to chase it out of desperation and all these other veteran qbs reek of desperation .

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Small sample size but Taylor started against the Bengals and the Chargers offense was absolutely awful. Herbert comes in and the offense takes off.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That phenomenal team was 5-6 the year after the SB and he came in led them 4-1 into the playoffs and then beat us on our home field so he played a huge part in their success.

My issue is that we know he can play well with a good Oline but we would rather chase the unicorn QB than simply go all in on improving the Oline play . Its one thing to chase the unicorn when the situation favors you but a whole nother thing to chase it out of desperation and all these other veteran qbs reek of desperation .
I think a lot of QBs can play well with a good OL. If you have the time to throw, Wrs will eventually get open. And most NFL QBs can make easy throws. I completely agree with you, I hope they don’t go chasing a QB out of desperation. But I can’t see Pace/Nagy settling with a QB like Foles if they want to protect themselves.