Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
yeah that Carroll and Fox analogy was pretty moronic.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive seen plenty of john fox in big games to know he cant cut it. Cant manage the clock. He is the Dusty Baker of football. Some might say Dusty was a great head coach because of his record and he made it to the postseason multiple times, but I say he sucked because he didnt do enough. The morons are the ones that think this guy can actually win a superbowl...
The guy has been to 2 Super Bowls with 2 different teams, one with Delhomme. I think you have your morons mixed up.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The guy has been to 2 Super Bowls with 2 different teams, one with Delhomme. I think you have your morons mixed up.

and he lost both. mismanaged one loss and failed spectacularly bad in the other. I'll pass. The guy will never win a SB.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I will give you the Patriots Superbowl game. He hurt his team with some of his decisons but in that last superbowl, Manning and that offense was just overmatched. With the way Manning has performed in the playoffs, under your analysis, you wouldn't pick him to be your QB either since he hasn't gotten it done even with arguably the best offensive weapons on the NFL at his disposal.

Fox is still better than any candidate. No coordinator is a guarantee. Fox gives you a shot.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
There isnt even a reason to dissect single games, this guy has a 13 year career has a HC and all you need to know can be ascertained by looking at the big picture. two games above .500 w/o Manning and with Manning still failed to win it all.

Theres a reason the Broncos essentially fired him despite all his supposed recent success, and thats because hes the same coach Carolina fired.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have no clue on who will win a SB, I just know if Jon Fox is the guy if you want to hover over .500, make a couple cute playoff appearances and blow it. It's safe. But awful nonetheless. But hey, if we get John Fox, he'll stick with Cutler because this is the same guy that pushed for Delhomme to get millions even after he was washed up and coming off of a historically bad playoff loss in 2008

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you hire John Fox you know what you are getting. A good coach who instills discipline, brings toughness and is a leader. He has routinely taken teams to the playoffs and has been to the big show twice. That alone shows he is capable of building a contending team. Just because he lost the first two times around does not mean he will fail a third. You learn through every experience. If anything, his experience in being on 2 Superbowl caliber teams will be a positive. Different situations, different players and environment, there are so many variables that go into winning a Superbowl including luck. You can't pin both of those losses on him and act like its a tend. It happened fucking twice.

Searching through coordinators is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack but employing a coach who has had recent success and a strong track record of developing talent and building contending teams is a much better bet.

With what the MEDIA calls the greatest Qb ever ( P.Manning)....the guy Fox still couldn't get to the SB the last 2 years. He just fell to a team with a OC I think should be our next HC Pep Hamilton. (...and please don't tell us Luck is the "HC")

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
He won a playoff game with Tim freaking tebow. He took Carolina to multiple playoffs working with Derek Anderson and Jake Delhomme. No wonder Fox couldn't get his team to the playoffs consistently. He put great coaches and coordinators around himself in Denver.

He is a good, solid coach that gives you a shot to win. You know he can get you to the show and he is one step from winning it all if that is his "ceiling".

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With what the MEDIA calls the greatest Qb ever ( P.Manning)....the guy Fox still couldn't get to the SB the last 2 years. He just fell to a team with a OC I think should be our next HC Pep Hamilton. (...and please don't tell us Luck is the "HC")

or somehow Fox didnt have amazing coaches around him--Jack Del Rio, who is up for another HC gig(possibly), and Adam Gase, who is also interviewing for HC gigs.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Denver made the Superbowl last year...

The fact that you want Pep Hamilton over John Fox tells me all I need to know about your football knowledge.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ive seen plenty of john fox in big games to know he cant cut it. Cant manage the clock. He is the Dusty Baker of football. Some might say Dusty was a great head coach because of his record and he made it to the postseason multiple times, but I say he sucked because he didnt do enough. The morons are the ones that think this guy can actually win a superbowl...

we don't always agree.....however, I've seen enuff of Fox to know he can't make adjustments in $$$ games on "D" or "O". When the "dam cracks & breaks" in big games, Fox just doesn't have mental tools to fix it..

I've seen P. Manning on the show "miked up" telling / dictating to a lost john fox .....what play he was going to run. Fox was like.....oh, ok. When I saw this I knew Fox was incompetent.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He won a playoff game with Tim freaking tebow. He took Carolina to multiple playoffs working with Derek Anderson and Jake Delhomme. No wonder Fox couldn't get his team to the playoffs consistently. He put great coaches and coordinators around himself in Denver.

He is a good, solid coach that gives you a shot to win. You know he can get you to the show and he is one step from winning it all if that is his "ceiling".

Say what & think what u want about Tebow, but the guy is a winner.

Jake Delhomme. No wonder Fox couldn't get his team to the playoffs consistently.

fox got to a SB and lost with JD

LuvMyBears

Liked Posts:
I see no reason to be optimistic about something simply because it would be something they never did before, especially if its only because it was forced on the GM.

And again, this idea that a vet HC gives you some sort of advantage is a complete fallacy. Especially when the vet HC has 13 years of head coaching behind him and you know youll never get anything more then mediocrity out of him.

Ok, fair enough. It just feels like there's a chance the Bears are trying to get this right. Even if Fox is "settling" it seems like this team wants to do the right thing. But hey, to each's own.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
There isnt even a reason to dissect single games, this guy has a 13 year career has a HC and all you need to know can be ascertained by looking at the big picture. two games above .500 w/o Manning and with Manning still failed to win it all.

Theres a reason the Broncos essentially fired him despite all his supposed recent success, and thats because hes the same coach Carolina fired.

and bill belichick is 9 games under .500 without brady. guess he's an average coach too and anything he does with tom brady should just be discounted. your standards are absurd. it's like turning down $50,000 dollars for a lottery ticket. sure, you might win a million dollars, but the odds sure don't favor it. is there an all-time great head coach candidate that you see? because while john fox may not be an elite coach, he's a good one, and finding a good head coach is easier said then done.

it's easy to be enticed by the unknown, the possibility that todd bowles or adam gase or whoever is going to come in here and turn around the franchise and be a top flight NFL head coach. for every mike tomlin there are dozens of marc trestmans, jim schwartzs, romeo crennells, mike tices, norv turners, jim haslett, chan gaileys...i could go on and on. the NFL, NCAA and CFL(not to mention TV studios) are littered with failed "hot coordinators" who couldn't cut it as head coaches. why would you take a gamble when you have a good head coach in your sights?

in the end, talent wins. and talent can make good coaches great. but bad coaches can make talent irrelevant, as we have seen in chicago the last two years. john fox is a good coach. if the bears are smart, they will hire him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Denver made the Superbowl last year...

The fact that you want Pep Hamilton over John Fox tells me all I need to know about your football knowledge.

I wanted Jim Harbaugh here. What soes that tell u "about myfootball knowledge.". like I said in another thread.....

Before some if u guys start jumping on Fox' jock-strap, would it behoove u to at least want know WHY HE HAD TO SUDDENLY, QUOTE..... STEP DOWN AND OR PART WAYS WITH DENVER..... UNQUOTE. :thinking:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Say what & think what u want about Tebow, but the guy is a winner.

fox got to a SB and lost with JD

You guys are just making my points for me...the fact he got there with Delhomme at QB shows he is competent. His team succeeded despite having a very average QB.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
and bill belichick is 9 games under .500 without brady. guess he's an average coach too and anything he does with tom brady should just be discounted. your standards are absurd. it's like turning down $50,000 dollars for a lottery ticket. sure, you might win a million dollars, but the odds sure don't favor it. is there an all-time great head coach candidate that you see? because while john fox may not be an elite coach, he's a good one, and finding a good head coach is easier said then done.

it's easy to be enticed by the unknown, the possibility that todd bowles or adam gase or whoever is going to come in here and turn around the franchise and be a top flight NFL head coach. for every mike tomlin there are dozens of marc trestmans, jim schwartzs, romeo crennells, mike tices, norv turners, jim haslett, chan gaileys...i could go on and on. the NFL, NCAA and CFL(not to mention TV studios) are littered with failed "hot coordinators" who couldn't cut it as head coaches. why would you take a gamble when you have a good head coach in your sights?

in the end, talent wins. and talent can make good coaches great. but bad coaches can make talent irrelevant, as we have seen in chicago the last two years. john fox is a good coach. if the bears are smart, they will hire him.

was he with a team nine years and end his run at 2-14? All the while displaying poor coaching moves/decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.