Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Peyton Manning throwing it to Marshall and Jeffery :bowrofl:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
No, some fans just want to see the Bear actually succeed going forward. You may think you do as well, but thats because youre too ignorant to realize hiring John Fox would damn this team to mediocrity.

What leads to actually succeeding? I'm not enamored by Fox but people seem to think that the alternative of unproven hot young coordinators is a superior option. It's actually shown through tested efforts repeatedly to be a very rare effort that succeeds. It does but there are a ton more Trestmans, McDaniels, or Todd Haley's than Paytons and Tomlins. It's not like settling for mediocrity is ideal, it's also people know that some situations call for people with ability to get all sides of the ball working effectively and be in contention every year. Fox may lead your team to mediocrity in your opinion, but by no objective standard by judgement of all can people call Fox mediocre in the history of NFL Hcs. Most HCs don't have more than 1 playoff experience or win, Fox has 6 playoff wins before he ever had Peyton playing for him.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bring Peyton with him imagine him throwing it to Marshall and Jeffery

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Most Bronco fans think Manning is done, they have seen him decline the past half of this season. Obviously he was playing injured in the game this weekend.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, some fans just want to see the Bear actually succeed going forward. You may think you do as well, but thats because youre too ignorant to realize hiring John Fox would damn this team to mediocrity.

or maybe he would be just the right coach for the bears right now? fix our defense and get our offense back on track and actually draw coaches here as cords who will coach our young talent up and build a new mind set of winning football inside hallas hall.

a new culture of winning wouldn't that be something

how fucking nice would it be too see other teams coveting our coaches for once? instead of us always looking at other teams and saying why don't we have a staff like that, why is it all our young players never seem to develop?

bad coaching that's why and fox will fix that

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been trying to stay out of all these Fox threads but some reality is needed here. Let's look at his record as a HC without Manning, i.e. during his tenure in Carolina. He had one very good year in '03 and the other five years were 8-8 or worse. So then he lucks into a job standing on the sidelines watching one of the all time greatest qbs doing his thing, and when that starts to go south he leaves because he didn't have enough control. And based on that evidence anyone wants him in Chicago? WTF.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fox is the safe bet. I'd like to see our new GM show more insight.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been trying to stay out of all these Fox threads but some reality is needed here. Let's look at his record as a HC without Manning, i.e. during his tenure in Carolina. He had one very good year in '03 and the other five years were 8-8 or worse. So then he lucks into a job standing on the sidelines watching one of the all time greatest qbs doing his thing, and when that starts to go south he leaves because he didn't have enough control. And based on that evidence anyone wants him in Chicago? WTF.

he always puts together solid coaching staffs his players are disciplined and well coached. In my mind you apply that to the roster we have now and you will see a huge turnaround here.

John Fox is what this orginazation needs right now a steady solid hand on the wheel to right the ship. and bring in a solid bunch of coaches to coach up all the young talent this team needs to bring in for the rebuild.

outside of that lets look at his run in Denver you cannot discredit everything he did there because of manning and say all the wins were because of peyton but all the losses were on fox.

who is to say that pace doesn't find fox his new manning this coming offseason in the draft or through a trade or even if it takes 3 years to find him. you don't pass up a winner because he was a winner that's just foolish

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
he has coached a lot of really good teams, but has not won a superbowl, that is what bothers me.....Seattle didn't just beat them last year, they were destroyed, if I remember correctly the other one he lost was vs. the Patriots and it was fairly close?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the talent he had this year, he should have atleast made it to the AFC championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox may not be special but that has everything to do with Manning's arm strength going against top Ds.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
He doesn't excite me. I see him as Lovie 2.0. Fox would return the Bears to a good team, but I highly doubt he'd make them a GREAT team. And the worst place to be in the NFL is mediocre - able to beat the tomato cans but unable to beat the contenders. W/o Manning, that's what Fox is, a .500 coach.

No thanks. I'd rather have Teryl Austin and his physical, aggressive & attacking style of play.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
hbk, its nothing personal, but when it comes to football you have no idea wtf you are talking about. what you think is best for the team is often the worst fucking thing they can do. lol

Case in point, you think hiring John Fox is a good idea because you cant grasp the fact that hes two games over 500 w/o Manning. He is Lovie re-dux. As mediocre as you can get. His Carolina run is much more indicative of what hell bring to Chicago, and thats 3 play off appearances in 9 years. No Bears fan should be cool with that.

ok using that logic we can take every successful coaches years without their best qb out of the equation ..so belichick is shit jimmy johnson was shit hell everyone who hasn't won a superbowl without a shit qb is garbage amirite?

I think hiring john fox and our gm going out and finding him the right talent and drafting into his proven winning system is the right move and if that makes me not football smart in your mind I guess im not

fact is this team needs an identity and a firm hand on the wheel fox would supply both and not just that he draws good young cords like nobodys business our team would be very lucky to have him here in place

are you sayin you already have zero faith that pace can and will find the right players for fox's system?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
using the logic ok lets eliminate all the guys successful years and now look at him...yep he sucks are you fuckin kidding me?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
at this point, kubiak seems to have been the only guy the bears really thought would make a great head coach and he has turned down offers choosing to remain in baltimore. The other candidates have not seemed to impressed the bears, bowles and austin have not been called back for a 2nd round of interviews and mcdermott will interview this week? I don't mind fox as the head coach but I am worried about his insistence on playing aging vets over rookies, its a lot like what shanahan did in his last few years in denver which ultimately led to his demise.

kdawgzx9

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless, the Bears have been impressed with a number of candidates they have interviewed, including Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.

Austin impressed them without even interviewing yet.....wow!!!!!!!! Just more lazy reporting.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless, the Bears have been impressed with a number of candidates they have interviewed, including Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.

Austin impressed them without even interviewing yet.....wow!!!!!!!!

Quality reporting.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't excite me. I see him as Lovie 2.0. Fox would return the Bears to a good team, but I highly doubt he'd make them a GREAT team. And the worst place to be in the NFL is mediocre - able to beat the tomato cans but unable to beat the contenders. W/o Manning, that's what Fox is, a .500 coach.

No thanks. I'd rather have Teryl Austin and his physical, aggressive & attacking style of play.
so you are already at the point you don't think pace can find the talent to make fox a winner here? because I have high hopes that pace having seen an elite qb in his former job will know it when he sees it and find us our qb

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to judge what Fox is from his time in Carolina, especially near the end of his tenure because he worked for a thrifty nickle owner who refused to give coach Fox the groceries to cook dinner with. His record in Denver is a bit bloated by having Manning but he lead them to as good as a record as any coach could have the last three years.

In the end I want Pace to higher the guy who he thinks would be best, whether that's Fox or someone else. Far as this board goes, if Fox is not good enough for you then no retread should be unless Belicheck or Carroll are fired.

LuvMyBears

Liked Posts:
he has coached a lot of really good teams, but has not won a superbowl, that is what bothers me.....Seattle didn't just beat them last year, they were destroyed, if I remember correctly the other one he lost was vs. the Patriots and it was fairly close?

The Bears need to get to the playoffs first to even have a shot at the Super Bowl. I'm not saying John Fox is the Messiah, but the dude at least he gets teams to the Super bowl, loss or not.

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
at this point, kubiak seems to have been the only guy the bears really thought would make a great head coach and he has turned down offers choosing to remain in baltimore. The other candidates have not seemed to impressed the bears, bowles and austin have not been called back for a 2nd round of interviews and mcdermott will interview this week? I don't mind fox as the head coach but I am worried about his insistence on playing aging vets over rookies, its a lot like what shanahan did in his last few years in denver which ultimately led to his demise.

Austin interviews today so no reason for a 2nd when the 1st hasnt happened yet. Either they didnt like Bowles enough for a 2nd or have decided that he is taking one of the other jobs that he all ready had 2nd interviews scheduled with so no reason to waste more time on him. Haven't seen anything certain that says McDermott will interview....just rumor they were interested in him but nothing has come of it yet that I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.