Status
Not open for further replies.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You guys are just making my points for me...the fact he got there with Delhomme at QB shows he is competent. His team succeeded despite having a very average QB.

would it behoove u to at least want know WHY HE HAD TO SUDDENLY, QUOTE..... STEP DOWN AND OR PART WAYS WITH DENVER..... UNQUOTE.

Please give us a in-depth answer as to wy the above happened to such a "great HC"???

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox got a raw deal in Carolina, his final couple years ownership hung him out to dry. The Broncos were in shambles after McDaniels gutted the team. They swooped in and grabbed Fox. The post Trestman days are similar to the hot mess Denver was in post McDaniels except that Cutler and Marshall are still in the house.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The safest hire imaginable is not the right thing, you dont say youre sick of mediocrity and then do everything possible to assure just that.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fox got a raw deal in Carolina, his final couple years ownership hung him out to dry. The Broncos were in shambles after McDaniels gutted the team. They swooped in and grabbed Fox. The post Trestman days are similar to the hot mess Denver was in post McDaniels except that Cutler and Marshall are still in the house.

would it behoove u to at least want know WHY HE fox HAD TO SUDDENLY, QUOTE..... STEP DOWN AND OR PART WAYS WITH DENVER..... UNQUOTE.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more a couple of you guys hate this idea the more I like it. You guys might be able to convince me we can win with Cutler before the night is done.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox has a proven track record in regards to elevating the play of his defense everywhere he's been. If you're not impressed with his lack of playoff success w/Peyton- I don't blame you. That holds true for every other coach w/Peyton, however. You gotta be impressed with that 8-8 Denver with Tebow as his only QB that year...that defense was unreal thanks to Fox. I do believe you should be impressed with 71-57 record (He inherited a 1-15 team) with the Panthers before the wheels fell off of their organization going 2-14. The guy was a perennial winner with Jake Delhomme....

Anyone remember how the Giants turned to utter shit after he left as their DC? Don't forget that they needed to inherit the #4 pick to move up to get Eli for a reason.

I'll also never forget how he out-coached Lovie in '06 at Soldier in the playoffs. Hell- it was worse than what Reid did to Jauron in '02.

Lets not forget the coaching tree that has stemmed from him through the years. Del Rio and McCoy were his way back in Carolina before they were his in Denver. The recent hire of Dennis Allen showed a bright young coach who couldn't hack it in Oakland (who could have?) and now Adam Gaze is on his way to being a HC within the next week.

Will Fox win a Super Bowl with the Bears in 2016 or 2017? No. However, he offers us the best chance to build a winner as he has a proven track record in reviving previous franchises like Carolina and Denver. Fox offers our inexperienced whiz kid at GM in Pace someone to lean on. They can develop a relationship similar to what Pace and Payton had in New Orleans. Fox will be able to bring in quality assistants and help us avoid hiring a John Shoop or Mel Tucker under his watch.

Fox makes way way way too much sense for the Bears.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
WHY did HE fox HAD TO SUDDENLY, QUOTE..... STEP DOWN AND OR PART WAYS WITH DENVER..... UNQUOTE.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
was he with a team nine years and end his run at 2-14? All the while displaying poor coaching moves/decisions?

Tony Dungy ended his run with a 2-14 season. Does that make him terrible? You guys are just typical posters on this board who aren't happy with anything. We can go back and get Trestman as coach again if it pleases you. Maybe you want Wannstedt back? Fox is a good coach, this defense will be back and roaring within two seasons. As long as he hires a good offensive coordinator we will be fine. He's best option available. Why you guys want to give an unproven guy a chance means to me obviously you don't care about mediocrity. We did that with Trestman two years ago and look how that turned out. 2 championships for this guy one might of been with Manning, but guess what? Mannings been to the playoffs time and time again and he only was 2 afc championships, the guy chokes and Fox still got them to the super bowl with him. He also took Jake Delhomme. If he even takes us to a super bowl let alone the playoffs, it'll be a step up from what we've had. Get real.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
I think it's a good thing we have a bunch of morons on here. Every time they bitch that person/player normally has a break out career.

If everyone on the board loves them they suck. "All hail emery".

I really can't see what you guys don't get. The man can coach.

As with the Pete carroll ref.
Where would he be without Russell Wilson?

As for Peyton manning helping Fox. Manning only plays well during the season. Growing up watching the Colts I got to see this. They really just needed to sit him in the playoffs (not really but he sucked)

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Four years in Denver, four division championships. One of those seasons was without Manning so don't say Manning took them every year. The players Twitter reactions show that he had this locker room handled no problem. I think I seen at least 15 if not more Denver Broncos shocked and disappointed. How many did we see that for Trestman. Marshall lol? That is something this team needs badly. You guys are just morons like the above poster said. What else do I have to explain to show this is a good hire if we get him.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
People on this board clamor for whoever the likely hire is because they don't want to accept that the Bears may have picked wrong. The same was done with Ballard. "We hate Ballard!" Bears talking to Ballard..."Ballard is the logical choice!" Trestman, Martz were the same way, and I wouldn't be surprised if the mood on Cutler reverses course by next season if the Bears keep him around.
This really is true lol.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
tumblr_mwlbo8cRFF1svecmko1_500.gif

SOON

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The organization has never hired a HC with previous NFL HC experience. They have hired plenty of coordinators with no experience. So what are you talking about?

he is talkin out of his ass because he wants to go with the unknown on that minute chance u catch lightning in a bottle just because and then two years from now when its fail he can bitch and complain about how shitty the bears are

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The safest hire imaginable is not the right thing, you dont say youre sick of mediocrity and then do everything possible to assure just that.

fox is not mediocre. mediocre coaches don't go to two superbowls they get fired before they ever see their first glimpse of one

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
but continue I really don't care at this point what I do really care about is our gm needs to step up now and make some moves find your guy go with him and get him in here and lets start building a winner. fox fits what pace said he wanted he fits the mold perfectly but the other candidates are unknown really as they haven't been hc's before

I just hope pace picks the right guy for us

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple really bears fans hate everybody and everything we are all fucking kray kray

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
No, some fans just want to see the Bear actually succeed going forward. You may think you do as well, but thats because youre too ignorant to realize hiring John Fox would damn this team to mediocrity.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
hbk, its nothing personal, but when it comes to football you have no idea wtf you are talking about. what you think is best for the team is often the worst fucking thing they can do. lol

Case in point, you think hiring John Fox is a good idea because you cant grasp the fact that hes two games over 500 w/o Manning. He is Lovie re-dux. As mediocre as you can get. His Carolina run is much more indicative of what hell bring to Chicago, and thats 3 play off appearances in 9 years. No Bears fan should be cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.