UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
not that I recall. But correct me if Im wrong.

Steve Smith looked pretty damn good in the playoffs kicking our ass but I would have to look it to see if the offense was really good or mighty mouse was just going beast mode on us that game. Still remember watching that game too....ugh.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I honestly think windy if they do hire fox that pace could build a winning org with fox's system in place what are your thoughts on that

Jon Fox can win games.

People want to take away his regular season wins with Manning and say he is a .500 coach and then turn around and blame Fox for the playoffs, because Manninh never struggled in the playoffs before Denver. You cannot cherry pick which stats Manning effects and does not effect.

Fox with a talented team will get you in the playoffs, and then who know what can happen.

Fox for me is not a homerun swing, but he is a solid stand up double. The homerun swing can lead to a massive failure, as we just saw with Trestman.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Is it really crazy that a young 1st time GM would want an experienced and established coach?

Fox would allow Pace to get settled as the GM without having to deal with the type of stuff we saw last season.

Weve already established that youll be on board with any move the Bears make and will twist in order to be optimistic about it, so...

Then in three years when Fox has proven to be garbage youll be the first going on about how shitty he is.

But no, a GM, should not want a mediocre 60yo HC with 13 years behind him evidencing his mediocrity.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I've been trying to stay out of all these Fox threads but some reality is needed here. Let's look at his record as a HC without Manning, i.e. during his tenure in Carolina. He had one very good year in '03 and the other five years were 8-8 or worse. So then he lucks into a job standing on the sidelines watching one of the all time greatest qbs doing his thing, and when that starts to go south he leaves because he didn't have enough control. And based on that evidence anyone wants him in Chicago? WTF.

.......when that starts to go south he leaves because he didn't have enough control

where did u read this

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Reports are that "internally" the Bears want to pair Pace with a vet HC, so it sounds like Teddy and co are meddling. If this hire goes through, its the same old Bears and the future will hold nothing but mediocrity due to an ineffectual GM and a average at best HC. Without Manning Fox will be terrible.
This is bogus. The GM has the final say. Accorsi is still there consulting, etc. If they get Fox, it's because Pace thinks he can help the Bears reach their goals.

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
Jon Fox can win games.

People want to take away his regular season wins with Manning and say he is a .500 coach and then turn around and blame Fox for the playoffs, because Manninh never struggled in the playoffs before Denver. You cannot cherry pick which stats Manning effects and does not effect.

Fox with a talented team will get you in the playoffs, and then who know what can happen.

Fox for me is not a homerun swing, but he is a solid stand up double. The homerun swing can lead to a massive failure, as we just saw with Trestman.

This is exactly how I see it.......he is a solid coach that will help bring in talent and develop that talent and bring respectability back to our team.

If they can find a new guy that they feel is a Home Run then by all means I would love to see it........if that guy is not out there this year then this would be a very solid hire instead of taking the chance on a new guy that they are not 100% sold on.

If they do hire him this is exactly what I will feel happened.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Is it really crazy that a young 1st time GM would want an experienced and established coach?

Fox would allow Pace to get settled as the GM without having to deal with the type of stuff we saw last season.

While im not overly excited about the thought of Fox, it does make sense why he would be the choice.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
not that I recall. But correct me if Im wrong.
He got to the Super Bowl with Delhomme and won a playoff game with Tebow.

Look, I don't think Fox is a no brainer home run hire. He's not Harbaugh. You don't stop your coaching search and open the check book for this guy.

I do think he should be #1 on our list to target though right now. He's a rock solid coach. He'd make us competitive quick and as I mentioned it's all about organizational fit. Look at Coughlin with New York. He found the right fit.

Maybe our organization is the right fit for Fox. On paper it looks good. Same philosophies. But I do worry about his health, I worry about his lack of potential and I worry if he's a long term option or just a bridge to our next hire. If it's any of the latter 3 I'd pass on him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weve already established that youll be on board with any move the Bears make and will twist in order to be optimistic about it, so...

Then in three years when Fox has proven to be garbage youll be the first going on about how shitty he is.

But no, a GM, should not want a mediocre 60yo HC with 13 years behind him evidencing his mediocrity.

Who would you like hired?

Who is guaranteed not to be mediocre?

And yes I will give most moves a chance, I will gather evidence and observe, before calling them a failure.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it pisses ppl. off when they can't or won't ANSWER THE OBVIOUS FUCKING QUESTION.

I think it pisses people off when no one knows the answer to a question but some dude posts It every 5 minutes. What do you want? None of us work for the Broncos front office. We dont know.

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
I know it pisses ppl. off when they can't or won't ANSWER THE OBVIOUS FUCKING QUESTION.

If you hadnt figured it out yet no one has revealed why they mutually agreed to part ways. Even if you did hear a story who knows if its the correct one as each side would have their own spin. Eventually I imagine the truth will come out or everyone will decide on what truth they will believe but I doubt that happens anytime soon. I'm sure the reasons will certainly be part of his interview tho.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Who would you like hired?

Who is guaranteed not to be mediocre?

And yes I will give most moves a chance, I will gather evidence and observe, before calling them a failure.

No one is guaranteed not to be mediocre, or even terrible, but I rather risk failure for the chance of something greater.

Id be optimistic with Bowels, Gase, Austin, Jackson, etc. I might not be as high on some as others, but in the end Id have hope.

Fox and Shanahan are about the only two names that would be leave me feeling absolutely pessimistic. Because they leave no room for hope, you know exactly what you are getting, and it should not be enough for the organization nor the fans.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I read an article last night that Elway cleaned house because of the one and done this year, also Fox had caused some rumblings in the building with wanting control over the 53 man roster.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Really hbk? Whats so hard to grasp about the fact that before Elway gave him Manning he was two games above 500 in his 10 year career as a HC?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
.500 average at best if hes hired, book it. In three years well be right back here.

Did Fox make it to the playoffs in Denver without Peyton?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really hbk? Whats so hard to grasp about the fact that before Elway gave him Manning he was two games above 500 in his 10 year career as a HC?

and whats so crazy to think pace can find him a qb? who will succeed in his system his system works its proven the only question is if pace can build a roster that makes it work and I hope he can

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

And we've already established that no matter who the Bears pick of who's out there, you'll bitch and complain about it. So pardon me if I don't take seriously the meatball who hates everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.