UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Ok, now Ive really spoken my peace. Im done with the fox talk, you guys can clamor for mediocrity, and knowing the bears will probably get it, and the cycle will simply continue to repeat itself. Theres no reason for the Bears to actually take winning championships seriously, the fan base is willing to except anything as long as its not total shit.

If he gets the gig have fun watching the same old Bears.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have scheduled a head-coaching interview with John Fox.

It took less than six hours for Fox to emerge as a serious candidate in Chicago, though ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports "he is not locked in for the job." Still, Fox checks a lot of boxes. The Bears want a veteran coach to pair with rookie GM Ryan Pace, and Pace's old boss -- Saints coach Sean Payton -- is known to be Fox's closest friend in football. One NFL executive told FOX Sports' Alex Marvez that he believes the Bears are the "frontrunner" to land Fox as coach.

Related: Bears

Source: ESPN Chicago

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, now Ive really spoken my peace. Im done with the fox talk, you guys can clamor for mediocrity, and knowing the bears will probably get it, and the cycle will simply continue to repeat itself. Theres no reason for the Bears to actually take winning championships seriously, the fan base is willing to except anything as long as its not total shit.

There's no WOW candidate out there anyways.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
They're must be some pshycic posters in here. To be that certain the team will be average with fox.? Can you give a few stock tips too? I'm actually kind of suprised by the Fox firing. He's lead the team to the playoffs consistently and to a super bowl. I'll take that over what we have had.. Maybe he'll do the same here and maybe he won't. It will be a gamble with any of these potential Head Coach's. On paper he looks like a great candidate, it would be nice to know the exact reason why he was fired. Maybe there is more to the story.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, he made it to the play off 3 times out of nine years.

But I wouldnt expect him to make it to the playoff with the Bears in three years.

Youre happy about that hbk? Getting to the place once in a while between otherwise shitty seasons? He never made the playoffs two years consecutively and only made them once in his final 5 years, not at all his last two going 2-14 his final year.

If Pace is going to give him a Manning level QB then great, but any average coach would work in that scenario.

I just find it shocking that so many of you are excited about a return to lovie.

I have no idea if he'll be a great HC here but both sides of a coin are required for a fair evaluation. He took over a 1-15 Panthers from a Seiffert and had them in the SB in 2 years. He took over a 4-12 Broncos with Orton and made the playoffs after having the balls to change to Tebow which he had no problem letting go afterwards. Those are genuine accomplishments and shows adaptability that we haven't had at that position for like ever.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Because not being deemed worthy by the previous team doesn't mean the person isn't potentially able to come into a new place and be a successful HC. History shows that it's the case. So to make overly significant purpose to the exact details of the parting isn't relevant to many people.

.....but is it to what details on why the guy was fired b4 handing him another HC job. Heck, I'd almost rather just take Shanahan in that case. Or just give some new guy a chance. I mean how many times should a HC get to make it right. Elway is a SB winning Qb who obviously saw something wrong with fox. I get sick of ppl. clamoring for retreads & recycled HC's.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are the chances that Fox can bring Adam Gase with him? There are only so many HC jobs available, if Gase doesn't land one wouldn't his best option be stick with Fox, the offensive pieces are already there in Chicago. Maybe entice Gase by giving him the Asst HC label.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I believe with John Fox as coach we would have made the playoffs the last two years. Superbowl? No, but we make the playoffs.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a real fact HBK, we have no idea who the better coach is. So arguing either way is kinda silly.

lol true but fox and his system is a proven winner he hasn't won the big game yet but his teams always compete

he had some rough years in Carolina for sure but he had some good ones as well

im just so tired of taking shots in the dark on cords who for us seem to never fucking work ourt since as far back to Ditka gimme someone I know can build a winner for once

and then go git him the talent he needs and build something here make the bears org a proud winning org again for fucksakes

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol true but fox and his system is a proven winner he hasn't won the big game yet but his teams always compete

he had some rough years in Carolina for sure but he had some good ones as well

im just so tired of taking shots in the dark on cords who for us seem to never fucking work ourt since as far back to Ditka gimme someone I know can build a winner for once

and then go git him the talent he needs and build something here make the bears org a proud winning org again for godsakes

Let's get better talent and I bet you anything that the current coaches will be deemed geniuses.

I like the idea of Fox though, at the very least he should be able to attract some decent coordinators. Then the real challenge begins .... Getting some REAL TALENT on this team!!

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, sorry I though you asked about Carolina. Yes, they snuck into the playoff with, guess what? 8-8 record. The Bears and dumbass Barber helped by handing them a game.

Yes they did, but I still think you're going overboard with your Fox hate. He is not mediocre. I don't really know what your definition of mediocre is, but Fox's playoff win % in Carolina was 625.

That's far better than Denver, and that's partly on him, but also on Peyton. You keep saying you want the unknown. But the problem is, the Bears have been picking unknown coordinates and hot assistants for the past 25 years. Its gotten them fuck all.

I'm not sure what the hell Todd Bowles will be, but he is the favorite to take the Atalanta job, and he !right be a huge failure, and then people will be clamoring for the next hot name to be fired in 4 years. To each is own.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
.....but is it to what details on why the guy was fired b4 handing him another HC job. Heck, I'd almost rather just take Shanahan in that case. Or just give some new guy a chance. I mean how many times should a HC get to make it right. Elway is a SB winning Qb who obviously saw something wrong with fox. I get sick of ppl. clamoring for retreads & recycled HC's.

Elway's playing history has no indication he makes smart FO choices so far. If you don't judge Fox's ability to go to SBs and lose as anything significant, all Elways has done sigifcant in the FO job was lure Peyton in. Some times it looks better for the clubs future for people for whatever reason, budding heads, thinking he manages games badly, failing to meet high expectations, etc. Who knows, but nothing shown indicates a reason to say Elway did something, be weary of that.

Maybe you should learn to engage the Golden rule then, people have got sick of you clamoring for a QB with any semblance of mobility even if they've shown little mental on field ability and your concept of "winning" players.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's get better talent and I bet you anything that the current coaches will be deemed geniuses.

I like the idea of Fox though, at the very least he should be able to attract some decent coordinators. Then the real challenge begins .... Getting some REAL TALENT on this team!!

Talent and coaches go hand in hand. A stupid coach is going to drag down great talent and bad talent will bring down a good coach. Fox is meh, not the guy I want but im not seriously going to bitch if we get him

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
The Bears have scheduled a head-coaching interview with John Fox.

It took less than six hours for Fox to emerge as a serious candidate in Chicago, though ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports "he is not locked in for the job." Still, Fox checks a lot of boxes. The Bears want a veteran coach to pair with rookie GM Ryan Pace, and Pace's old boss -- Saints coach Sean Payton -- is known to be Fox's closest friend in football. One NFL executive told FOX Sports' Alex Marvez that he believes the Bears are the "frontrunner" to land Fox as coach.

Related: Bears

Source: ESPN Chicago

Is this whole 'experienced coach to pair with Pace' thing a media creation or is it directly from the Bears?

Wouldn't that way of thinking go against what Pace said this hiring process was all about? That he's looking for the best combo of the attributes he wants in his guy to have?

Seems pretty stupid to narrow a coaching search to more experienced guys without taking into account what Pace values in his head coach.

Maybe their preference is a more experienced guy if they can find him, but why even bring in Austin for an interview today if they know they want a guy like Fox? Why waste Austin's time?

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
....but the point is why. We know it wasn't cuz he didn't have a Qb

Who knows, why did Harbaugh get fired? Elway never struck me as the brightest bulb, maybe he wants to bring Tebow back...dunno?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who knows, why did Harbaugh get fired? Elway never struck me as the brightest bulb, maybe he wants to bring Tebow back...dunno?

I would love that

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
he has coached a lot of really good teams, but has not won a superbowl, that is what bothers me.....Seattle didn't just beat them last year, they were destroyed, if I remember correctly the other one he lost was vs. the Patriots and it was fairly close?

Losing super bowls to the Patriots and Seahawks while both those teams were at their best talent wise isn'tsomething I'd hold against J.Fox.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

bang-bang-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.