Not open for further replies.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who knows, maybe Denver didn't want to lose Adam Gase. Maybe John Fox knew Manning was going to retire and there is not a QB in the draft that is even as good as the backup and 3rd sting QB in this years FA class.
What is the difference? John Fox is a proven above average coach. Todd Bowles is the only candidate I would rather have, but he is going to Atlanta. If for whatever reason Atlanta passes on Bowles then I would be disappointed if we sign Fox with Bowles available.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this whole 'experienced coach to pair with Pace' thing a media creation or is it directly from the Bears?

Wouldn't that way of thinking go against what Pace said this hiring process was all about? That he's looking for the best combo of the attributes he wants in his guy to have?

Seems pretty stupid to narrow a coaching search to more experienced guys without taking into account what Pace values in his head coach.

Maybe their preference is a more experienced guy if they can find him, but why even bring in Austin for an interview today if they know they want a guy like Fox? Why waste Austin's time?

It's all speculation at this point we can all want whoever we want fact is pace is gonna hire whoever pace thinks is the guy

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Reports are that "internally" the Bears want to pair Pace with a vet HC, so it sounds like Teddy and co are meddling. If this hire goes through, its the same old Bears and the future will hold nothing but mediocrity due to an ineffectual GM and a average at best HC. Without Manning Fox will be terrible.

So,why haven't you crawled out of the basement and applied for the job you think your more suited for than those that are there? All bitch and bark,no bite. Except that most fans on here already know what your all about. If it ain't who you want,Hate,Hate and Hate some more!

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jon Fox will not be the reason the Bears hover around .500.

Mediocre talent and no QB will be the reason the Bears hover around .500, like most of the Lovie era.

Lovie was a good coach, like Fox, and when he had above average talent he was very successful.

Fox >>>>> Lovie

See 2006 playoff game at Soldier.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The only reason he had an O in Denver has Elway handing him Manning.
Even in his aging post injury condition Manning was statistically better in every category with Fox then in his athletic prime. In his three Denver years he had his 2nd, 4th and 5th highest passer rating of his 17 yr career. All over 100 after not reaching that mark his last 4 years in Indy, so it seems Fox was good for him as well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey, guys, hes right at .500 when he doesnt have Peyton Manning under center and made the play offs 3 times in nine years with Carolina, only 1 time his final five years there... lets hire that guy, its not like weve been down this road before.

You guys are advocating the idea of hiring Fox for the same reasons everyone wanted Lovie fired.

WTF?
Actually, as the Bears have never hired a HC with previous HC experience, we haven't been down this road before.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If the Bears are rebuilding, which they are, and likely won't be in Superbowl contention for at least a couple of years, then I don't really understand why the Bears would hire John Fox. I prefer a younger guy that can grow with the team through the rebuild.
If the Bears are rebuilding, which they are, and likely won't be in Super Bowl contention for at least a couple of years, then I don't really understand why the Bears wouldn't hire a guy like John Fox. I prefer an established coach that can help grow the younger players with the team through the rebuild.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Two comments from the Broncos forums:

-Manning and the Broncos were winning despite John Fox. We are all more than elated that he is long gone.

-When you hire the next Mark Trestman you are going to be eating your words. I promise you that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't think it can be ignored that Fox brings a certain amount of credibility that will make attracting quality coordinators and position coaches easier. Having a 30something GM and 30something HC may give some quality prospects pause due to the complete unknown. And if there has been anything to learn from Trestman and even Lovie, quality coordinators are a must.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears are rebuilding, which they are, and likely won't be in Super Bowl contention for at least a couple of years, then I don't really understand why the Bears wouldn't hire a guy like John Fox. I prefer an established coach that can help grow the younger players with the team through the rebuild.

and there it is good coaching = not wasting talent

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it can be ignored that Fox brings a certain amount of credibility that will make attracting quality coordinators and position coaches easier. Having a 30something GM and 30something HC may give some quality prospects pause due to the complete unknown. And if there has been anything to learn from Trestman and even Lovie, quality coordinators are a must.
cant preach that enough

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fox isn't the type of coach to utilize younger players. He loves his veterans. Ask any Carolina fan

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Honestly, with where the bears are at, this is my number 1 priority.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

-Manning and the Broncos were winning despite John Fox. We are all more than elated that he is long gone.

-When you hire the next Mark Trestman you are going to be eating your words. I promise you that.
Glad you are getting your opinion from a reliable source.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:

Probably the same fans who cried when Manning replaced Tebow.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What's funny is y'all Fox lovers need to go to the Broncos board. Their fans are ecstatic that he's gone. It seems they are tired of his team's lack of discipline, poor clock management, and the fact he shits the bed in the postseason. Not to mention their may be a full blown mutiny between him and his coordinators and him with the front office. He's a perfect fit for the bears!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Joke on Broncos board:

What's better than John Fox four years in a row?
Not having John Fox five years in a row!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Glad you are getting your opinion from a reliable source.
That's why they are called opinion, but the one fact is that Bronco fans are closer to it than Bears fans

Status
Not open for further replies.