Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fans bitching about making the playoffs while being division champs 4 years in a row...

yes, because it wasnt about manning leading his teams to the playoffs, but it was Fox's genius! (spare me the 8-8 bullshit in 2011, that division was fucking awful andhad several victories handed to him)

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Unlike how we've drafted...those 1st rounders were major contributors.

which would be the GM's job.

Peppers, Jenkins were already drafted by the time Fox got there. And it took him 3 years for him to start using DeAngelo Williams instead of Brad Hoover/DeShaun Foster/

This guy paid big bucks to Delhomme after he was washed up, Muhsin Muhammad, Keyshawn Johnson,Darwin Walker, Travis Taylor, Justin Hartwig, Ian Scott, Na'il Diggs are other vets he campaigned to have only for them to bomb.

If we want to see a Bears rebuild, Fox is not the guy. If the Bears want more years of falling in that 7-9 to 10-6 territory, he's our guy.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BamaAtlanta -- Fox never plays rookies or youngsters....

Onebud -- Rattles off a list of very good players developed and some drafted in the first round while many others werent....

BamaAtlanta.... Every coach plays first round picks while disregarding the players who weren't.

Just about sums of some of you. Which is it Bama, you can't say he never plays rooks, then say he and every coach plays rooks......

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
which would be the GM's job.

Peppers, Jenkins were already drafted by the time Fox got there. And it took him 3 years for him to start using DeAngelo Williams instead of Brad Hoover/DeShaun Foster/

This guy paid big bucks to Delhomme after he was washed up, Muhsin Muhammad, Keyshawn Johnson,Darwin Walker, Travis Taylor, Justin Hartwig, Ian Scott, Na'il Diggs are other vets he campaigned to have only for them to bomb.

If we want to see a Bears rebuild, Fox is not the guy. If the Bears want more years of falling in that 7-9 to 10-6 territory, he's our guy.

I thought he was the HC not the GM...yes?

The Muhammed reference is funny because it was the Bears who paid big bucks for him after he was washed up.

EDIT: Muhammed was drafted by the Panther...so not sure your point.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Onebud -- Rattles off a list of very good players developed and some drafted in the first round while many others werent....

BamaAtlanta.... Every coach plays first round picks while disregarding the players who weren't.

Just about sums of some of you. Which is it Bama, you can't say he never plays rooks, then say he and every coach plays rooks......

That shits the GM's job which apparently was Fox.

Fox negotiated/signed a bunch of vet players.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

find me coaches who dont play first rounders. He didnt develop those late rounders. Mainly because he preferred his veterans. Ask any panthers fan, it grew tiresome for them.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought he was the HC not the GM...yes?

The Muhammed reference is funny because it was the Bears who paid big bucks for him after he was washed up.

EDIT: Muhammed was drafted by the Panther...so not sure your point.

Muhammad was drafted in 1996, signed by Bears in 2005. Went back to the Panthers for good money mainly because of Fox even though he was done as a major player at this point in his career. Fox tried trotting him out there as a starting WR and it didnt work.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That shits the GM's job which apparently was Fox.

Fox negotiated/signed a bunch of vet players.

So does that make Fox even more responsible for the 625 playoff win% with Carolina? Ohhhhh wait..... I know how this works, he gets no credit for the wins, but he is the biggest problem when they lost.

weaponx24

DA BEARS!
Liked Posts:
He is now the best available coach with head coaching experience. He's gotta be at the top of the list unless they are thinking about going with an unproven guy again.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Muhammad was drafted in 1996, signed by Bears in 2005. Went back to the Panthers for good money mainly because of Fox even though he was done as a major player at this point in his career. Fox tried trotting him out there as a starting WR and it didnt work.

He almost was a 1000 yard WR in 2008. What the hell are you talking about?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So does that make Fox even more responsible for the 625 playoff win% with Carolina? Ohhhhh wait..... I know how this works, he gets no credit for the wins, but he is the biggest problem when they lost.

.507 regular season, 0-2 in superbowls. but he managed to outcoach Lovie Smith in 2005 & Mike Martz in 2003!

if the warning of carolina fans and denver fans dont tell you something, then you will never learn.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

What? that's just not even true about Moose, He had a really good year still in 08 that helped the Panthers make the playoffs again too. He wasn't what he once was but he was a good #2 behind Smith as a starting WR that first year he rejoined them.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Aaahhhh yes, the days of Moose Droppings. The WR that was a GREAT blocker for our run game but couldn't catch. I miss the days of Moose droppings posts.

moose.jpg

Even coworkers brought in Moose dropping candy, which wasn't bad actually.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
he helped Fox make the playoffs again in 2008 only for Fox to blow it again in the playoffs, starting to see a common theme with Fox?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

When the #1 WR has over 1400 yards and the team has over 2300 yards rushing, yes that is still a good season as a #2 Wr who also happened to block well which is still relevant to helping an offense.

But yep, they blew it in the playoffs, everything is the negative result.

I'm not seeing some argument of Fox being a great coach, but he has consistently gotten results out of both sides of the ball well, it's not something your fired Ex HCs on the market generally have and a heavy unknown that often fails with young inexperienced coordinators getting hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.