dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If the Bears are rebuilding, which they are, and likely won't be in Super Bowl contention for at least a couple of years, then I don't really understand why the Bears wouldn't hire a guy like John Fox. I prefer an established coach that can help grow the younger players with the team through the rebuild.

Not rebuilding but retooling....big difference.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
He is now the best available coach with head coaching experience. He's gotta be at the top of the list unless they are thinking about going with an unproven guy again.

The Bears haven't hired a coach with prior HC experience for the last what... 25 years? If this is the same ol' Bears, then why stop now?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
he helped Fox make the playoffs again in 2008 only for Fox to blow it again in the playoffs, starting to see a common theme with Fox?

Yes...postseason appearances.

Something Bears fans haven't had to deal with on a consistent basis since the 80's

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wait wut?

A 1000 yard #2 WR isn't impressive?

This might be the funniest shit I've read on the board today

he wasnt a 1,00 yd WR. also had a couple of key fuckups in that playoff loss.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Two comments from the Broncos forums:

-Manning and the Broncos were winning despite John Fox. We are all more than elated that he is long gone.

-When you hire the next Mark Trestman you are going to be eating your words. I promise you that.

Bronco's forums have meatball fans just like we do.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
he helped Fox make the playoffs again in 2008 only for Fox to blow it again in the playoffs, starting to see a common theme with Fox?

OK, I'll bite. Who would you hire if you were Pace, and what coordinators would you expect that young, unproven coach to add to his staff? It's really easy to just shoot down everyone that gets connected to this hire - harder to come up with real solutions. Many, many people here and in this fan base that need to realize that.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he wasnt a 1,00 yd WR. also had a couple of key fuckups in that playoff loss.

OK so who had the key fuckups, the #2 WR or the coach?

And for the record, that 2008 playoff team started a 2008 3rd round pick at safety. So your whole argument is invalid, and before you respond saying.... Oh great one guy.....Some simple research will show you he does play rookies not drafted in the first. The fact you said that is fucking dumb.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I'm so tired of the "he wasn't good enough elsewhere" or "he wore out his welcome elsewhere" argument on these boards. Personnel is different from team to team. Administration is different from team to team. Culture is different from team to team. Why would anyone expect anyone losing a coach or player to build them up? It's so much easier to trash them to help yourself move on. Fox leaving signals a shakeup in Denver that could end up in a rebuild if Manning retires/moves on. Don't expect them to say nice things about a guy when they're so nervous about their future.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
broncos message board:

There's smoke and mirrors around Fox which created more than one debate around here since 2012. On paper, he won four division titles for us and "led" the team to the Superbowl as he did Carolina, and if that's all you look at, he looks like he might be a "hot commodity". Look deeper into the stats and you'll see that he was .500 in Carolina and had only three winning seasons out of nine there, finished 2-14 his last year there and their club let his contract expire. He was .500 his first year here without Manning, a HOF QB who has given every coach he's played for 13-win seasons. Like Dan Reeves and Schottenheimer, Fox is a decent coach but lacks a necessary edge to get over the hump. Preparation, in-game adjustments, clock management, and a conservative, uncreative, and vanilla approach have been his weaknesses. Carolina fans warned us, and some of us will warn his next team's fans (perhaps Chicago) of what they can expect. It makes me very sad that it ended this way, but its the only way it could with a loaded, talented roster that underachieved several years in a row because of coaching.

and he wants more personnel power, draft day decisions? Yes, perfect hire for a new young GM! Fox will cuckhold Pace, not coddle him.

With all the dummies i see on here why would i listen to what could be a dummy on another message board??

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What's funny is y'all Fox lovers need to go to the Broncos board. Their fans are ecstatic that he's gone. It seems they are tired of his team's lack of discipline, poor clock management, and the fact he shits the bed in the postseason. Not to mention their may be a full blown mutiny between him and his coordinators and him with the front office. He's a perfect fit for the bears!
What's funny is you are putting stock into the same group of numbnuts that booed Peyton Manning Sunday, believing their ChicagoMikeFL like info.
Orange-Gullible1.jpg

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
so a good coach becomes available and you guys bitch.
so who is a good coach????????? oh yeah I forgot, the great Unknown.
I would bet the same people want to trade proven talent ( BMarsh and Forte) for some draft picks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Unlike how we've drafted...those 1st rounders were major contributors.

which would be the GM's job.

Peppers, Jenkins were already drafted by the time Fox got there. And it took him 3 years for him to start using DeAngelo Williams instead of Brad Hoover/DeShaun Foster/

This guy paid big bucks to Delhomme after he was washed up, Muhsin Muhammad, Keyshawn Johnson,Darwin Walker, Travis Taylor, Justin Hartwig, Ian Scott, Na'il Diggs are other vets he campaigned to have only for them to bomb.

If we want to see a Bears rebuild, Fox is not the guy. If the Bears want more years of falling in that 7-9 to 10-6 territory, he's our guy.
So the GM drafted the stars that he played, but he signed the "washed up" vets he played.

Can you actually be this fucking stupid?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm so tired of the "he wasn't good enough elsewhere" or "he wore out his welcome elsewhere" argument on these boards. Personnel is different from team to team. Administration is different from team to team. Culture is different from team to team. Why would anyone expect anyone losing a coach or player to build them up? It's so much easier to trash them to help yourself move on. Fox leaving signals a shakeup in Denver that could end up in a rebuild if Manning retires/moves on. Don't expect them to say nice things about a guy when they're so nervous about their future.

I'm foreseeing this given the UFA situation of their, team and the salary allocated to certain players. They might just blow the whole thing up

Status
Not open for further replies.