UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
My one qualm with the potential Fox hire is he has been criticized in the past for falling in love with the veteran QB and reluctant to roll with a young guy aka Delhomme.

And our veteran sucks.

You mean in 2003, when Delhomme took over for Rodney Peete in the season opener and held the starting the job the rest of his tenure in Carolina?

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
My one qualm with the potential Fox hire is he has been criticized in the past for falling in love with the veteran QB and reluctant to roll with a young guy aka Delhomme.

And our veteran sucks.

I really can not take another year of Cutler behind center and if Fox decides Cutler is his guy I might have to stop watching the Bears till Fox dies or his contract is up with the Bears. I would also accept Cutlers death as a consolation.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
Didn't Fox almost die last year. Why are we hiring him for a team that won't be serious contenders for years?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Very happy.

I think as long as they draft well, if Fox is hired we will be making the playoffs in year 3 and 4.

TBH, with all this crap over the head coach, only 1 team in 32 ever wins it all every year. And we knock a guy who's been their twice?

That's like the idiots who used to piss all over the 90's Bills for never winning a Superbowl, when their team was the second best in the league FOUR TIMES.

You need solid drafts, and past that, you just need a shot to get in. If you get in, and you have enough talent on your team, anything can happen.

Anyway, Fox is the exact leader we need as a HC. If people are worried about talent, that's Pace's department. Scheme? OC and DC will be of huge importance.

I feel like with Fox I can see the way this all fits.

Let me ask this. What if Fox is hired, and his DC is Wade Phillips? Does it change perceptions at all?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I really can not take another year of Cutler behind center and if Fox decides Cutler is his guy I might have to stop watching the Bears till Fox dies or his contract is up with the Bears. I would also accept Cutlers death as a consolation.

Cutler isn't the future and Pace knows it. Cutler at best will be a stop gap for a year or two.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just move this thread in with the other Fox threads.

If Glazer says, im in. He is rarely wrong and the only insider I believe.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
@StatsNBCSports: Florio: Any reason to think John Fox won't be the next head coach of the @ChicagoBears? @JayGlazer: "No, sir."

Glazer is usually always right on point.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Welcome to 4 years of mediocrity. Maybe the Bears make the playoffs once or twice in that time but no way are they winning a Super Bowl. To be honest I am not even sure the Bears will be able to beat Green Bay during those years if Fox is hired.

Who will be able to accomplish that goal in your time frame? Please, I'd like a name. So tired of people bitching about every single potential coaching hire on this board, without putting their name on who would work.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Welcome to 4 years of mediocrity. Maybe the Bears make the playoffs once or twice in that time but no way are they winning a Super Bowl. To be honest I am not even sure the Bears will be able to beat Green Bay during those years if Fox is hired.

The Bears won't beat Green Bay because Rodgers is there, not because of Fox.

Belichek couldnt beat Rodgers with Cutler.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Jay Glazer is the Kim Kardashian of sports 'journalism'. Famous for being famous.

Him, that dude from 'Gas Monkey Garage' and Guy Fieri are the Trifecta of Douche.

He's connected. That's his fame. He knows a shit ton of athletes and people in the know.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, a guy who was a FG kick away from winning a SB with Jake Delhomme sure doesn't know how to win with a mediocre QB.

seriously. I love the we cant win with Cutler now narrative after a shit season with a shit head coach despite 2010,2011 and 2012 we had a winning record with him under center.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Fox has always had a 4-3 defense so I don't think he would sign Phillips. Though I'd be pleasantly surprised. I love staffs filled with ex head coaches, like we had in 2010/11.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He's connected. That's his fame. He knows a shit ton of athletes and people in the know.

He has man relations with Strahan.

Remember Urlacher's 'media silence' thing? The only person he would talk to was Glazer.

That tells me everything I need to know about Urlacher. Douchebag kismet?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I love that Fox is described as the Anti-Shannahan.

No wonder Hub Arkush hates him as a fit for the Bears - he's been trying to marry the Bears and Shanny for a while now, and it comes out like Hub has his nose so far up Shannahan's ass he's sniffing Shanny's appendix.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Didn't Fox almost die last year. Why are we hiring him for a team that won't be serious contenders for years?

Because the Bears are a dumpster fire and he is a leader that can fix it.

He instantly took the Tebow Broncos, another dumpster fire, to the playoffs.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
seriously. I love the we cant win with Cutler now narrative after a shit season with a shit head coach despite 2010,2011 and 2012 we had a winning record with him under center.

That's because nobody has faith in the defensive talent... it's not an unjustified position.

Status
Not open for further replies.