UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
He has man relations with Strahan.

Remember Urlacher's 'media silence' thing? The only person he would talk to was Glazer.

That tells me everything I need to know about Urlacher. Douchebag kismet?

People got to learn to separate their dislike from a knowledgeable source.

Being a douche doesn't make him any less plugged in.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welcome to 4 years of mediocrity. Maybe the Bears make the playoffs once or twice in that time but no way are they winning a Super Bowl. To be honest I am not even sure the Bears will be able to beat Green Bay during those years if Fox is hired.

coaching, just like personel can only take you so far on its own....so while his coaching may have gotten him to the post season, and deep into it..who's to say he didn't have the right personel to get the trophy....

now one could argue that it was the personel that got him that far and not the coaching....

glass half full or half empty..whatever...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think as long as they draft well, if Fox is hired we will be making the playoffs in year 3 and 4.

That is a pretty realistic imo. If we commit to a full rebuild think by year 3 we should be competing for a playoff spot.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Glazer dropping bits on PFT Live right now[Taken from Reddit]

seriously. I love the we cant win with Cutler now narrative after a shit season with a shit head coach despite 2010,2011 and 2012 we had a winning record with him under center.

He just looked so awful last year that's why. Players do decline at some point, I'm afraid Cutler is at that point. For all his faults he was always able to deliver that strike when he saw the guy open, nobody debates that, but last year he could not.

If we can get 2011 Cutler back and we don't ask him to throw 50 times a game, then sure he can be ok. That does not take away from how overpayed he is though. I think his production can be replaced fairly easily, maybe minus those rare great plays, but balanced out by less bad plays. We would also have a lot of cash to help fill out the roster.

So when looking at everything in totality if a team is willing to trade for him I hope the Bears jump at the gift it would be.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
None of this matters unless they get rid of Cutler. Coach killer, franchise killer.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If he couldn't 't win with the talent they had in Denver then we're majorly boned fella's.

In fairness he did win, at a higher clip than any coach in Broncos history.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Does Jack Del Rio come with him? I'm not so sure he's getting a head coaching job, unless that second interview with the Raiders turns into something.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He has man relations with Strahan.

Remember Urlacher's 'media silence' thing? The only person he would talk to was Glazer.

That tells me everything I need to know about Urlacher. Douchebag kismet?

Glazer knows his stuff and is almost always right on point. He has more connections than anyone else in the sports media.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I love that Fox is described as the Anti-Shannahan.

No wonder Hub Arkush hates him as a fit for the Bears - he's been trying to marry the Bears and Shanny for a while now, and it comes out like Hub has his nose so far up Shannahan's ass he's sniffing Shanny's appendix.

Hub has been Anti-Fox? Haven't heard his opinion since the news broke..

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In fairness he did win, at a higher clip than any coach in Broncos history.

Big brother manning isn't the football god some make him out to be....

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he couldn't 't win with the talent they had in Denver then we're majorly boned fella's.

How could he win in Denver with Chokey McLongneck under center?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Does Jack Del Rio come with him? I'm not so sure he's getting a head coaching job, unless that second interview with the Raiders turns into something.

I'd be shocked if Del Rio is not hired by Oakland at this point. His second interview is more of a meet and greet. He has ties to the area, his parents are even Raiders season ticket holders. He is the right guy for that job this year, and will help to get that franchise to a respectable level. A safe hire, who is motivated and has real love for the Raiders. A no brainer for them.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Stop putting so much focus on results and put more focus on organizational fit because that is more important. So long as his philosophy is in line with Pace's I'm cool with the hire.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Didn't Fox almost die last year. Why are we hiring him for a team that won't be serious contenders for years?
This whole "won't compete for years" thing is stupid. In the modern free agency era, there really is no rebuilding, and no win now. Every year you're rebuilding and every year is win now. Almost no team is more than a year away from being competitive with smart management decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.