onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutler, the guy who's never won a meaningful game in his career... Thanks Jay!

Jay won the fire Tressy/Emery sweepstakes though.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Cutler aside, do you think NE would go 0-2 against the Packers every year if they were in the NFCN? I don't, even without Brady. I think they'd find ways to win because Belichick is a good HC and they're a well run org. Like you said, I don't ever see the Bears beating GB because of Fox. And if you can't beat them, you can't go to the playoffs, so I don't see the point of hiring a retread.

I don't see the point in your NE Bellichick appeal then. He was a retread himself, if that's your point then why do you want to clamor about how BB could beat GreenBay if he was in the division with the team he established?

You can not like Fox or retreads... but to dislike retreads and praise Bellichick with the same point in mind is inconsistent.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Jay won the fire Tressy/Emery sweepstakes though.

I'll believe that if he is our qb come training camp. Until then it's up in the air, he was never going to get traded before the start of the new league year.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'll believe that if he is our qb come training camp. Until then it's up in the air, he was never going to get traded before the start of the new league year.

He still wins it in my book even if he is traded

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Actually, if I am Pace, I hire a safe guy in Fox. Guys like Bowles, Austin(the unknown) may have more upside, but the downside is disastrous, aka Trestman.

This is true. If Fox doesn't work it, Pace would get a pass because Fox had prior success. If Pace was to hire say Bowles and he ended up like Trestman, he could be fired.

Rise

Liked Posts:
What's up with you and putting words in people's mouths? I didn't say that.

Then what's your point? To me it says I want a coach as good as Bellichek, well everyone does.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He still wins it in my book even if he is traded

Mel Tucker was a close runner-up

At least that's what Biggsy told me after a custard filled long john

Rise

Liked Posts:
I wonder what Jags fans said about Coughlin. Or Giants fans when he was hired or failed his first couple of years and was retained.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I don't see the point in your NE Bellichick appeal then. He was a retread himself, if that's your point then why do you want to clamor about how BB could beat GreenBay if he was in the division with the team he established?

You can not like Fox or retreads... but to dislike retreads and praise Bellichick with the same point in mind is inconsistent.

Because the person I quoted made a point to say that beating GB was NOT about who the coach is and that our inability to do so was just about Rodgers. I don't agree with that, I think a good coach can make the difference. Will Fox be the type of coach to make that difference? I don't see it.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can beat GB with Cutler, who will probably be here one more year, IF OUR DEFENSE ISN'T TERRIBLE. We'd obviously have to put up more than 14 points of offense. And Jay can't turn the ball over 2-3 times. It's all connected, but Jay isn't playing DL, LB, CB or S. It's POSSIBLE, but yes, hard to do.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Ian Rappoport @RapSheet: If he has his choice, yes. RT @AroundTheNFL: John Fox emerging as the favorite for Bears' opening?

Seems like a lot of the 'interest' is coming from Fox's camp. He wants the Bears job. Bears look like they're still looking at all the options. If it's a fit, they'll hire him, but I like that Pace isn't rushing this thing.

Seems like it was only yesterday it was being reported that NOBODY wanted the Bears job and it's the worst available.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Because the person I quoted made a point to say that beating GB was NOT about who the coach is and that our inability to do so was just about Rodgers. I don't agree with that, I think a good coach can make the difference. Will Fox be the type of coach to make that difference? I don't see it.

Who do you see that potential in that is available? Please provide a choice and reasoning. If you can't do that you're complaining just to complain.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
We can beat GB with Cutler, who will probably be here one more year, IF OUR DEFENSE ISN'T TERRIBLE. We'd obviously have to put up more than 14 points of offense. And Jay can't turn the ball over 2-3 times. It's all connected, but Jay isn't playing DL, LB, CB or S. It's POSSIBLE, but yes, hard to do.

The only way could beat GB would be to limit Rodgers and hand the ball off to Forte/Carey. Jay's only pass attempt would be a shovel pass

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Who do you see that potential in that is available? Please provide a choice and reasoning. If you can't do that you're complaining just to complain.

He wouldn't have to since Fox has a resume you can base something like that on.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The only way could beat GB would be to limit Rodgers and hand the ball off to Forte/Carey. Jay's only pass attempt would be a shovel pass

Oh cmon he can throw the WR screen as good as anybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.