UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
We can beat GB with Cutler, who will probably be here one more year, IF OUR DEFENSE ISN'T TERRIBLE. We'd obviously have to put up more than 14 points of offense. And Jay can't turn the ball over 2-3 times. It's all connected, but Jay isn't playing DL, LB, CB or S. It's POSSIBLE, but yes, hard to do.

Idk about that. We had a very strong D for the majority of the time Cutler has been in a Bears uniform and he has 1 win against GB. His play against GB has simply been pathetic. Every year I would get my hopes up that this is the time Jay puts it together and lights the Packers up but every year he buckled.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The only way could beat GB would be to limit Rodgers and hand the ball off to Forte/Carey. Jay's only pass attempt would be a shovel pass

And he'd probably still dig the Bears grave with it.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Oh cmon he can throw the WR screen as good as anybody!

Did you see the one he air mailed to Jeffery against MN?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So Carrol should have been fired right? This myth that teams just magically become consistently good is just that a myth. To have anything more than a mirage miracle season you need to string together years of successful drafts.

to have sustained success, you certainly need to draft consistently well. I didn't say anything to the contrary. I said that the whole "we're years away from competing" thing is silly in a league with this much parity. Outside of the top few teams (Seattle, GB, NWE types) and the bottom few (Oak, Jax, Tenn), everyone is pretty much interchangable on an annual basis.

Rise

Liked Posts:
to have sustained success, you certainly need to draft consistently well. I didn't say anything to the contrary. I said that the whole "we're years away from competing" thing is silly in a league with this much parity. Outside of the top few teams (Seattle, GB, NWE types) and the bottom few (Oak, Jax, Tenn), everyone is pretty much interchangable on an annual basis.

If you look at the last 20 years we are a bottom team. In fact Jax has made the playoffs more than the Bears. I do agree to a point though. I expect consistent improvement each year and to hopefully start to feel like we are contending by year 3. It won't take 5 years to be a good team if we draft right.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You mean Vainisi I think.

Finks pretty much built that team. Jerry just put the cherry on top.
Jerry started out wildly successful with that 1983 draft, after that there's Wilbur Marshall and Neal Anderson so not much draft hype outside of that. Then McCaskey decided he could do everything better and got rid of him. So I feel like if he had more years we'd maybe see more of what he had. Its also hard to say how much meddling McCaskey was already doing though.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jay was the reason Trestman was hired

Thank you. It's a shame most fanboys don't get this. Or maybe they don't care like their coach killing man-crush... (i'm looking at you Despbro)

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Hiring Fox will be like going to a strip club. Sure you'll probably get to see some playoff titties. And everybody loves some titties but you'll still go home with championship blue balls.

stats guy

Liked Posts:
If you look at the last 20 years we are a bottom team. In fact Jax has made the playoffs more than the Bears. I do agree to a point though. I expect consistent improvement each year and to hopefully start to feel like we are contending by year 3. It won't take 5 years to be a good team if we draft right.

Why would you use data from 20 years ago?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thank you. It's a shame most fanboys don't get this. Or maybe they don't care like their coach killing man-crush... (i'm looking at you Despbro)

It's why Emery was fired, he let Jay hire Trestman. Cutler sucks on the field and in the front office. Why do we have this guy?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It's why Emery was fired, he let Jay hire Trestman. Cutler sucks on the field and in the front office. Why do we have this guy?

The topless photos of Ginny on Ginny has something to do with that

Status
Not open for further replies.