UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
So if (when?) John Fox were to get hired here in Chicago, would Dennis Allen be brought in as the defensive coordinator. They worked together in Denver I know. He was also in New Orleans for a period of time so he has a report with Pace as well. Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because the Bears are a dumpster fire and he is a leader that can fix it.

He instantly took the Tebow Broncos, another dumpster fire, to the playoffs.
Six divisional championships in 13 years being a HC. That's 46%. I'd hire any coach who wins the division almost half the time.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Fox would signal a trip back to mediocrity. He has coached for 13 years and had 3 winning seasons without Peyton and 3 with him.

3 seasons of 8-8, 3 seasons of 7-9, 1 season at 2-14.

Maybe it is just me but I would like to see the Bears aim a little higher than .500 seasons.

Considering one of the biggest reasons Emery was let go was his coaching hire I would hope Pace does not make the same mistake. He said himself it is about wins and losses and having as many losses as you do wins on an average year is the type of results that get people fired.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
The Bears won't beat Green Bay because Rodgers is there, not because of Fox.

Belichek couldnt beat Rodgers with Cutler.

Cutler aside, do you think NE would go 0-2 against the Packers every year if they were in the NFCN? I don't, even without Brady. I think they'd find ways to win because Belichick is a good HC and they're a well run org. Like you said, I don't ever see the Bears beating GB because of Fox. And if you can't beat them, you can't go to the playoffs, so I don't see the point of hiring a retread.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
None of this matters unless they get rid of Cutler. Coach killer, franchise killer.

If Jay did in fact kill Trestman and therefore Tucker, all I can say is....Thank You Jay!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fox would signal a trip back to mediocrity. He has coached for 13 years and had 3 winning seasons without Peyton and 3 with him.

Maybe it is just me but I would like to see the Bears aim a little higher than .500 seasons.

Considering one of the biggest reasons Emery was let go was his coaching hire I would hope Pace does not make the same mistake. He said himself it is about wins and losses and having as many losses as you do wins on an average year is the type of results that get people fired.

For all the people shitting bricks over Fox's record without PM I'd just like to point out.... Bellicheck's record is 51-65 without Brady. Guess he blows too?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah, they do have someone to blame. A SB team with a less than super coach.

Pace is his own man. If he wants Fox, he'll take him. If Fox fails, I want Pace the fuck out of here. I can't stand another 4 years of losing. This is Fox's 3 rd team. If he was hired as HC, I expect a SB run in the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No coach is going to take this team on a super bowl run in the next two years in all likelihood.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Ian Rappoport @RapSheet: If he has his choice, yes. RT @AroundTheNFL: John Fox emerging as the favorite for Bears' opening?

Seems like a lot of the 'interest' is coming from Fox's camp. He wants the Bears job. Bears look like they're still looking at all the options. If it's a fit, they'll hire him, but I like that Pace isn't rushing this thing.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, Fox is a high floor low celing guy, basically the hire would be to clean up the mess in Chicago, but having lived through the ups and downs of Fox in Carolina... He isn't a long term answer.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This whole "won't compete for years" thing is stupid. In the modern free agency era, there really is no rebuilding, and no win now. Every year you're rebuilding and every year is win now. Almost no team is more than a year away from being competitive with smart management decisions.

So Carrol should have been fired right? This myth that teams just magically become consistently good is just that a myth. To have anything more than a mirage miracle season you need to string together years of successful drafts.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

Actually, if I am Pace, I hire a safe guy in Fox. Guys like Bowles, Austin(the unknown) may have more upside, but the downside is disastrous, aka Trestman.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Cutler aside, do you think NE would go 0-2 against the Packers every year if they were in the NFCN? I don't, even without Brady. I think they'd find ways to win because Belichick is a good HC and they're a well run org. Like you said, I don't ever see the Bears beating GB because of Fox. And if you can't beat them, you can't go to the playoffs, so I don't see the point of hiring a retread.

I'm pretty sure everyone would love to hire Bellichek. To bad he is not available. If you think Bowles or Austin are Bellichek quality then say that, but don't be surprised if you're laughed at.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So Carrol should have been fired right? This myth that teams just magically become consistently good is just that a myth. To have anything more than a mirage miracle season you need to string together years of successful drafts.
Which is something the Bears really haven't done since the Jim Finks era.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
In that case, I want to thank Jay again for getting Emery fired also...Thanks Jay!

Cutler, the guy who's never won a meaningful game in his career... Thanks Jay!

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure everyone would love to hire Bellichek. To bad he is not available. If you think Bowles or Austin are Bellichek quality then say that, but don't be surprised if you're laughed at.

What's up with you and putting words in people's mouths? I didn't say that.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Which is something the Bears really haven't done since the Jim Finks era.

You mean Vainisi I think.

Finks pretty much built that team. Jerry just put the cherry on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.