UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
What's funny is y'all Fox lovers need to go to the Broncos board. Their fans are ecstatic that he's gone. It seems they are tired of his team's lack of discipline, poor clock management, and the fact he shits the bed in the postseason. Not to mention their may be a full blown mutiny between him and his coordinators and him with the front office. He's a perfect fit for the bears!

Bornco fans wanted to keep Tebow, that alone tells me I shouldn't listen to them

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Manning playing like crap in big games is the reson he's getting fired. Fair or not, that's just how the job goes ...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bornco fans wanted to keep Tebow, that alone tells me I shouldn't listen to them

Some did. not all. Majority wanted him gone.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Done deal ..... [http://www.theheckler.com/2015/01/13/breaking-john-fox-spotted-eating-deep-dish-pizza/url]http://www.theheckler.com/2015/01/13/breaking-john-fox-spotted-eating-deep-dish-pizza/[/url]

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Overreactions in all directions.

He's the devil to Bronco fans who thought getting Peyton meant automatic Super Bowl wins.

He's a savior to Bears' fans for not being Marc Tretsman (he is polar opposite) but the record gets ignored or rationalized.

He is neither.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I tell you what, when I want the unbiased pulse on another team, their players, or head coach, I find the popular local message board of said team.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
again, Fox isn't a coach to use young players. He loves his veterans--he doesn't develop talent like some of y'all are believing.

Fox is another Schottenheimer, Reeves....the fact we would be estatic about him shows you how pathetic this franchise has become, that we've sucked long enough to be happy with just being above mediocre. And if you watched his team, discipline isnt a trait his team had.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
again, Fox isn't a coach to use young players. He loves his veterans--he doesn't develop talent like some of y'all are believing.

Fox is another Schottenheimer, Reeves....the fact we would be estatic about him shows you how pathetic this franchise has become, that we've sucked long enough to be happy with just being above mediocre. And if you watched his team, discipline isnt a trait his team had.

Dan Reeves won two superbowls. Jesus Christ do some of you sit with a can of paint chips at your desk and post?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Fox isn't the type of coach to utilize younger players. He loves his veterans. Ask any Carolina fan

Are Carolina fans on crack?

Fox did a really good job of utilizing drafted players

Peppers, Smith, Jenkins, Gross, Wharton, Gamble, Davis, Beason, Williams, Stewart, Kalil, Johnson, R Marshall.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, such a coach killer.

In this particular case, yes. If they win last year in the SB or on Sunday, Foxy stilly has a job. Manning is easily a big reason for those 2 losses, it is what it is and that's how thin the line is in pro sports.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Dan Reeves won two superbowls. Jesus Christ do some of you sit with a can of paint chips at your desk and post?

As a player or assistant coach?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
broncos message board:

There's smoke and mirrors around Fox which created more than one debate around here since 2012. On paper, he won four division titles for us and "led" the team to the Superbowl as he did Carolina, and if that's all you look at, he looks like he might be a "hot commodity". Look deeper into the stats and you'll see that he was .500 in Carolina and had only three winning seasons out of nine there, finished 2-14 his last year there and their club let his contract expire. He was .500 his first year here without Manning, a HOF QB who has given every coach he's played for 13-win seasons. Like Dan Reeves and Schottenheimer, Fox is a decent coach but lacks a necessary edge to get over the hump. Preparation, in-game adjustments, clock management, and a conservative, uncreative, and vanilla approach have been his weaknesses. Carolina fans warned us, and some of us will warn his next team's fans (perhaps Chicago) of what they can expect. It makes me very sad that it ended this way, but its the only way it could with a loaded, talented roster that underachieved several years in a row because of coaching.

and he wants more personnel power, draft day decisions? Yes, perfect hire for a new young GM! Fox will cuckhold Pace, not coddle him.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are Carolina fans on crack?

Fox did a really good job of utilizing drafted players

Peppers, Smith, Jenkins, Gross, Wharton, Gamble, Davis, Beason, Williams, Stewart, Kalil, Johnson, R Marshall.

over 9 years. impressive list. a bunch of first rounders. /rolls eyes. every coach plays his 1st rounders regardless if they want to or not--see McClellin, Shea.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
over 9 years. impressive list. a bunch of first rounders. /rolls eyes. every coach plays his 1st rounders regardless if they want to or not--see McClellin, Shea.

Unlike how we've drafted...those 1st rounders were major contributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.