UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Fox and Pace can't agree on the type of gum he needs to chew during games. Might be the deal breaker folks!

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Fox and Pace can't agree on the type of gum he needs to chew during games. Might be the deal breaker folks!

Sources say Pace had lunch with both Austin and Fox.

Austin suggested they go to a new Thai restaurant. While Pace had never tried Thai food he was intrigued at the potential.

Fox came prepared with ham and cheese sandwiches. Pace didn't have anything against ham and cheese sandwiches but felt they weren't very special.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Clayton just said in ESPN Chicago that with the 49 era promoting Tomsula to HC that the Bears could land Fox and Gase as their HC and OC.

malcore

No, they axed the whole staff.

There's a difference between axed and being told you are free to look elsewhere, in the NFL. Kromer was axed. Tucker was not. Tucker would have to go through the proper protocols to take another position. The Bears likely would not interfere, but it is still their right. Same deal with Gase. As far as I know, he was not terminated.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sources say Pace had lunch with both Austin and Fox.

Austin suggested they go to a new Thai restaurant. While Pace had never tried Thai food he was intrigued at the potential.

Fox came prepared with ham and cheese sandwiches. Pace didn't have anything against ham and cheese sandwiches but felt they weren't very special.

Ham and cheesey tastes so good!! :puke:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't want to live in a world where Tucker still has a place within the Bearsz organization

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
While what you say is true, unless they are fired, they would still have to go through the proper protocols.

When the HC is fired that usually drops the needed protocols of needing to be released. I've not seen any team do it at any point because that FO would look like total dicks across the league.

cd35

Liked Posts:
I think Fox is probably the best option. Hiring hot coordinators with no HC experience is a crapshoot, no matter what anyone says. Wanny was the hottest coordinator at the time.

This team needs someone with experience and a proven record of competence to get this disaster to respectability. Although I'm meh if he brings Kyle as OC.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
John Clayton just said in ESPN Chicago that with the 49 era promoting Tomsula to HC that the Bears could land Fox and Gase as their HC and OC.

That would suck. I prefer Kyle Shanahan and his zone schemes over Gase..

malcore

When the HC is fired that usually drops the needed protocols of needing to be released.

Not according to Ted Phillips and NFL rules. Again, there is a difference, however small, between being fired and being told you are free to look elsewhere. Many reasons for teams to go this route, other than the obvious financial ones.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Not according to Ted Phillips and NFL rules. Again, there is a difference, however small, between being fired and being told you are free to look elsewhere. Many reasons for teams to go this route, other than the obvious financial ones.

What is "not according to Ted and NFL rules?" What is an example of a team not allowing their position coaches and cooridnators look for other jobs when a HC is fired? Yes the rules are in the favor of the teams.. but no teams have I ever seen in this era not drop the rules when firing the HC.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fox flew into Ohare. He was on United and in Terminal 1. His Uber was mixed up and has been waiting at Terminal 3. They've been circling around Ohare for that last 3 hours.

Sad thing is I can actually believe that. Uber sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.