UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchapalooza

What are the chances John Fox is the next Chris Ballard? Everyone says it's a done deal, then, BOOM---complete surprise candidate announced as getting the job

Trestman's daughter gets the job.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As much as I like Fox, it would be funny if there was another last minute reversal and we ended up hiring the assistant strength and conditioning coach from Jacksonville, then claim it was their number one choice, and that it was on the recommendation of Ted Phillips. Max cunting guaranteed.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
The Bears are a total mess.

They need someone with experience, respect, connections, and leadership.

After Harbaugh that is Fox.

This is where the real debate lyes. With a different team in a different position, I would be all for rolling the dice with an unknown commodity. But for a rebuilding process, which we clearly need, give me those four qualities. To each there own though.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But but hear me out.. if the Bears sign Shanahan and the Browns sign Trestman.. does that mean they owe Trestman all his money again?

jc456

Liked Posts:
Whether you choose to believe him or not, a caller called in last night with this exact point. Bernstein's response was basically this, just because Phillips/McCaskey may like and even root for Fox to be the hire, that doesn't necessarily mean that Pace has to take their opinion into account when he makes the hire. If they hire Fox, it will be Pace's decisions and no one else's.
and, ignore the term strongly suggest!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So did they hire him yet?

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
he is still waiting at the cab stand at O'Hare. Virginia cant find the right level to pick him up

Not true. I just got off the phone with ChicagoMike, he said the deal is done. He went on to say that right now, Virginia and John are shopping at Dillards looking for a Ditka sweater. John's going to wear the sweater and a fake mustache during the press conference.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not true. I just got off the phone with ChicagoMike, he said the deal is done. He went on to say that right now, Virginia and John are shopping at Dillards looking for a Ditka sweater. John's going to wear the sweater and a fake mustache during the press conference.

man.. a mustache really would push ccs to 3/4's in favor, Fox should grow one for the press conference or else he gets disliked or has to change his name to John Fucks.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

rofl...funny man

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I bet Fox intentionally got Manning's calf torn so the Broncos would lose and he would get fired so he could come to the Bears. #dedication

Status
Not open for further replies.