UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last reports were that Virginia was driving him back to O'Hare.. She claims she got confused, and wound up going outbound in the inbound lanes of the Edens. Fox missed his flight and is now staying in the McCaskey mansion with a guard outside his door to prevent an escape

Reactions: 1ke

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Im sure theyve met before considering they worked in the same division for years, and Peyton and Fox are close friends, as are Pace and Peyton.

Pace already knew before the interview took place whether or not he wanted Fox as HC. Personally Im taking this as a sign that the Fox interview was simply a courtesy as well as due diligence, but in the end Pace already had someone else in mind.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but its all Ive got.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I doubt it is money.

Control and fit will be more important than a million dollars a year.

Well, for the Bears to put a deal on the table the fit is right from their end at least. So it means either money, years, or control could end this, which is a shame. It will mean we didn't get our first choice.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
tumblr_lxqse1l9J21qltnf6o1_500.gif

oh-my-god-no.gif

oh_god_no-14250.gif

Rise

Liked Posts:
Im sure theyve met before considering they worked in the same division for years, and Peyton and Fox are close friends, as are Pace and Peyton.

Pace already knew before the interview took place whether or not he wanted Fox as HC. Personally Im taking this as a sign that the Fox interview was simply a courtesy as well as due diligence, but in the end Pace already had someone else in mind.

How can you say that when he was offered a deal?

Bears93

Liked Posts:

Very possible, I think the deal will be announced tomorrow however. Only other thing I can think of is if Austin blew away Pace in the interview or maybe just waiting on Quin.

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
Very possible, I think the deal will be announced tomorrow however. Only other thing I can think of is if Austin blew away Pace in the interview or maybe just waiting on Quin.

Austin could be a possibility but I would think they would have scheduled a 2nd interview with him by now if that was the case.........the reports I have seen say that Quinn wants Atlanta and it was just a matter if Atlanta was willing to wait for him which it looks like they may be.

Tea leaves tell me its still Fox and if not they better be on the phone with Austin to get him back before the Broncos get their claws into him or there is another candidate we dont know of yet.

Bevell for example.

Still think its Fox.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Last reports were that Virginia was driving him back to O'Hare.. She claims she got confused, and wound up going outbound in the inbound lanes of the Edens. Fox missed his flight and is now staying in the McCaskey mansion with a guard outside his door to prevent an escape

Do you have a link to these reports, or was this supposed to be a joke post?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AaronLemingNFL: @jchas22 1 saying that Fox has the job and the other is saying that they are waiting on Quinn to have a final interview for both candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.