1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hell no for 7 years at 35M. That is soooooo stupid and someone's ass better be fired if that were to happen.

Then, with how some speak, maybe it should happen. I don't want Hendry fired, but he's nothing special either and I've seen people take both sides, so...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
How is that stupid? That's a really good idea and if he would accept, we should jump all over that.

I have the feeling waldo would rather see Marmol converted to 1B than have a man he has despised for years come to pinstripes.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is that stupid? That's a really good idea and if he would accept, we should jump all over that.

LOL!!!!! The years is good but now way in hell I would give him more than 25M a year. He'll probbaly get injured and then your screwed.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care if Albert is a Cub but I'm one who hates long contracts. Especially with that kind of money. But that's just me. I hate all the Yanks contracts, Phillies SP contracts, CC, Wells, Zito, Werth, Soriano, etc, etc, etc.....

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL!!!!! The years is good but now way in hell I would give him more than 25M a year. He'll probbaly get injured and then your screwed.

He will never sign anywhere for 25 mil. If a team going to do it why not the Cubs. Your not signing Werth to this. Talking about maybe the best Player of ALL TIME

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care if Albert is a Cub but I'm one who hates long contracts. Especially with that kind of money. But that's just me. I hate all the Yanks contracts, Phillies SP contracts, CC, Wells, Zito, Werth, Soriano, etc, etc, etc.....

I don't really give a shit what you think about them. We are talking about the best player in the game and (at least IMO) who will be the best to ever play the game. What most people are worried about is length, not money. 7 years with an additional 5 million is 35 million. Would you rather have that or the extra 90 million at 30 over 3 additional years.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm not a fan of long contracts either but thats how it works these days. Implement a salary cap and all of this bullshit goes away.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of long contracts either but thats how it works these days. Implement a salary cap and all of this bullshit goes away.

True. I actually wouldn't mind a salary cap. I hate when agents have leverage and they have leverge all the time now. I think it's fuckin stupid.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really give a shit what you think about them. We are talking about the best player in the game and (at least IMO) who will be the best to ever play the game. What most people are worried about is length, not money. 7 years with an additional 5 million is 35 million. Would you rather have that or the extra 90 million at 30 over 3 additional years.

OK...whatever. But I'm not the only one who says signing hin to the biggest contract is stupid. Many people have stated that. Fans, front office executives, analysis, etc.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

After what happened to the Hawks last summer, I would kill myself if the MLB initiated a salary cap.

Player's Union would go on strike anyway.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
After what happened to the Hawks last summer, I would kill myself if the MLB initiated a salary cap.

Player's Union would go on strike anyway.

They did, after all, win the Stanley Cup right before it happened... :shrug:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They did, after all, win the Stanley Cup right before it happened... :shrug:

And then the Salary Cap stopped them from becoming a potential dynasty. Now we aren't even a playoff team.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
And then the Salary Cap stopped them from becoming a potential dynasty. Now we aren't even a playoff team.

Nah i still don't think it'd be a dynasty anyway. The salaries would be so high for Kane Keith Toews and Hossa ownership may not have been able to do anything differently.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Nah i still don't think it'd be a dynasty anyway. The salaries would be so high for Kane Keith Toews and Hossa ownership may not have been able to do anything differently.

Byfuglien and Niemi would still be here.