Update on Team vaccination rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am not very political at all. And I am certainly not a Democrat.

The vaccine is going to be fully approved. It's not an if but a question of when. And it appears to be in the next couple of months. When that happens, you are going to have to get vaccinated to do everyday activities. They are already starting to enforce that in other major countries without full approval. So unless you want to live the next year or so like a hermit, then you will have to get the vaccine.

It's pointless arguing this any longer. It's just reality.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty good article about Russian hacking. It's easier to follow because the blame game between dems & republicans is minimal.

I wish the outrage was directed at Russia - I remember a time when I think that's what the general public's reaction would have been - but here we are still fighting other Americans.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, fuck free speech, right?
Facebook and Twitter are private companies that have terms for their users. If users violate them by spreading nonsense, they can be removed.

Also, people have freedom to say what they want, but words can have consequences especially when they are being used to enrage the masses.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Already said I gave up trying to talk sports here more then a year ago. Can't. Been here 5 years, the first 4 years were 100% sports posts, not even one post on politics. But don't let facts or truth stand in your way. Find even 1 non sports posts in the first 4 years/ You can't. Started fighting back. Sorry if you don't like me fighting back.
If you have given up talking sports and all you want to do is talk politics why in God's green earth would you continue coming to a sports message board where you claim you are attacked for every "little" thing you post? Is this your MAGA assigned disinformation site? Oh and you have been a member since 2013 so more than 5 yrs, but whatever, I'll assume you mean active for 5 yrs.

From over a yr ago:
1627220723953.png

From over a year and a half ago:
1627221012620.png

So yeah, no. Also there are over 300 Bears threads since June that don't talk politics or vaccines and you have chosen to post once in one. It seems you are your own worst problem. But hey blame others if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, fuck free speech, right?
Don't worry free speech shouldn't be a big problem much longer
I am not very political at all. And I am certainly not a Democrat.

The vaccine is going to be fully approved. It's not an if but a question of when. And it appears to be in the next couple of months. When that happens, you are going to have to get vaccinated to do everyday activities. They are already starting to enforce that in other major countries without full approval. So unless you want to live the next year or so like a hermit, then you will have to get the vaccine.

It's pointless arguing this any longer. It's just reality.
Personally im vaccinated my family is
But as an American im not happy about our government trying too hold a gun too peoples heads and make them get vaccinated
I find that alarming
Are anti vaxxers wrong imo yes yes they are I find that train of thought ignorant but I dont think we as a free society should be forcing medical choices on people
Whats next? If your to poor forced abortions? Because your poor children will be a drain on our society and a danger too commit more crime?Thats an extreme example but you get my point

Fact is in a free society people have too have choice and yeah thats dangerous its not always safe living in a free society but id take that over an authoritarian government who ran my whole fucking life and made my choices for me and had that kind of power over its citizens

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
How credible is Emory University?:

"We saw that antibody responses, especially IgG antibodies, were not only durable in the vast majority of patients but decayed at a slower rate than previously estimated, which suggests that patients are generating longer-lived plasma cells that can neutralize the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.”

Ahmed says investigators were surprised to see that convalescent participants also displayed increased immunity against common human coronaviruses as well as SARS-CoV-1, a close relative of the current coronavirus. The study suggests that patients who survived COVID-19 are likely to also possess protective immunity even against SARS-CoV-2 variants
COVID-19 survivors may possess wide-ranging resistance to the disease

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty good article about Russian hacking. It's easier to follow because the blame game between dems & republicans is minimal.

I wish the outrage was directed at Russia - I remember a time when I think that's what the general public's reaction would have been - but here we are still fighting other Americans.

Partially because many are still espousing those created tenants.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Don't worry free speech shouldn't be a big problem much longer

Personally im vaccinated my family is
But as an American im not happy about our government trying too hold a gun too peoples heads and make them get vaccinated
I find that alarming
Are anti vaxxers wrong imo yes yes they are I find that train of thought ignorant but I dont think we as a free society should be forcing medical choices on people
Whats next? If your to poor forced abortions? Because your poor children will be a drain on our society and a danger too commit more crime?Thats an extreme example but you get my point

Fact is in a free society people have too have choice and yeah thats dangerous its not always safe living in a free society but id take that over an authoritarian government who ran my whole fucking life and made my choices for me and had that kind of power over its citizens
It's the worst public health crisis in 100 years. And it is being extended by people choosing not to get vaccinated. So it goes beyond people's own rights.

They still are not technically going to force anyone. But if that person wants to interact in public then they do.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Basically the Emory article states that natural immunity targets more than one spike protein and provides much more broad immunity. The article states:

Vaccines that target other parts of the virus rather than just the spike protein may be more helpful in containing infection as SARS-CoV-2 variants overtake the prevailing strains,” says Ahmed. “This could pave the way for us to design vaccines that address multiple coronaviruses.”

The mRNA vaccines only target one spike protein, which explains why the mRNA vaccines are failing against the variants because when that one spike on the virus mutates, the body can no longer recognize it. However, natural immunity and/or a vaccine designed to recognized more than one part of the virus provides much better protection.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How credible is Emory University?:
Are you posting this like we don't already know it or would argue against it? You gain immunity for the vast majority viruses contracted. The problem is that you have complications, become a long hauler or even die from it. Are you saying we should all catch Hepatitis or measles to gain immunity instead of taking a shot? Actually scratch measles. Measles is so virulent that it can actually tax your system enough to remove immunity achieved for other viruses.

The Delta variant has shown to evade full protection from previous infection and the vaccine but generally the exception. Not sure about Lambda but to best way to squash this is to prevent infection, not welcome it.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Basically the Emory article states that natural immunity targets more than one spike protein and provides much more broad immunity. The article states:

The mRNA vaccines only target one spike protein, which explains why they are failing becaise when that one spike on the virus mutates, the body can no longer recognize it. However, natural immunity and/or a vaccine designed to recognized more than one part of the virus provides much better protection.
They are not failing, LOL. You're an idiot, continuing to idiot.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Are you posting this like we don't already know it or would argue against it? You gain immunity for the vast majority viruses contracted. The problem is that you have complications, become a long hauler or even die from it. Are you saying we should all catch Hepatitis or measles to gain immunity instead of taking a shot? Actually scratch measles. Measles is so virulent that it can actually tax your system enough to remove immunity achieved for other viruses.
When did you last hear the NFL or the federal government state you do not need the vaccine if you have recovered from COVID--the vaccine is unneccessary because you have much more protection?

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
When did you last hear the NFL or the federal government state you do not need the vaccine if you have recovered from COVID--the vaccine is unneccessary because you have much more protection?
To the contrary, if you do not get the vaccine, even with far better immunity, you are being treated like you are contagious.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
All he's saying is that there are all sorts of paths to immunity other than taking an unapproved experimental gene therapy, like: replacing hardwood with dirt floors, drinking water from streams, going to political rallies during pandemics, recycling condoms, etc...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those that don't clear the infection (long haulers) often benefit. You are citing one study that just came out this month, that I'm in no position to dispute, but no one is forcing anyone to get vaccinated. The data is also pre delta an lambda variants. There's still a lot of unknowns and recommendation will err on the side of caution in a pandemic. I don't doubt getting the infection has greater protection as it will have a stronger immune response than a vaccine and possibly even generate variants to overcome and recognize. Really, really bad reason to catch it. Nowhere in that article is it recommended to not get a vaccine.

Natural immunity vs vaccine protection​

In a commentary in the same journal, Florian Krammer, PhD, of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, said that although natural infection tends to induce lower and more variable antibody concentrations than COVID-19 vaccines, "the findings of the authors suggest that infection and the development of an antibody response provides protection similar to or even better than currently used SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.
He added, "The SIREN study adds to a growing number of studies, which demonstrate that infection does protect against reinfection, and probably in an antibody-dependent manner."
Krammer pointed out that the researchers didn't link quantitative antibody measurements to protection against infection afforded by natural infection versus vaccines, a topic that should be a priority for future studies.
"Establishment of antibody titres as a correlate of protection and defining a protective titre would be extremely important for public health considerations and for patient management," he wrote. "A correlate of protection and a protective threshold would also allow for the development of additional SARS-CoV-2 vaccines based on small immunogenicity-based phase 3 trials rather than large and costly field efficacy trials, which are becoming exceedingly difficult to perform."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All he's saying is that there are all sorts of paths to immunity other than taking an unapproved experimental gene therapy, like: replacing hardwood with dirt floors, drinking water from streams, going to political rallies during pandemics, recycling condoms, etc...
He's now talking to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.