Very Telling interview - Team has turned on "Franchise" (Again)

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping they do whatever is necessary to lose as many games as possible. If that means playing Cutler with a bad thumb, then do that.

This team is going to fuck around and go 7-9 again and it'll benefit absolutely noone

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Desp...just stop man. Be happy the Bears won. I'm starting to wonder if you are a Bears fan or just a Cutty fan. Starting to remind me of that Orton fan we had back in the day who became a Broncos fan after trading Orton away.
Was that the guy with the Ozzy avatar? You're right, Desbro is exactly the same kind of individual player over team type of fanboy.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Desp...just stop man. Be happy the Bears won. I'm starting to wonder if you are a Bears fan or just a Cutty fan. Starting to remind me of that Orton fan we had back in the day who became a Broncos fan after trading Orton away.

Haven't missed a Bears game since 2001. I just like gunslinger qbs like favre and make the game exciting. And I think jays received way too much shit in this city.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I reckon Cutler retires end of the year. Guy has taken some damage and is mentally done as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We all know that in 2014, Trestman was dealing with a divided locker room. The large majority of the team had approached Trestman and wanted Cutler benched. Some of the team backed their QB.

After a few more losses, and weeks of dealing with increasingly disgruntled players, and a locker room that was almost completely in disarray, Trestman finally benched Cutler. The team, with the exception of a few players, rallied behind Clausen.

Clausen delivered, playing better against the Lions than Cutler had done just 2 weeks before. At one point, Clausen took a dirty hit from Suh, and stood up to him and got in his face. Not only did the players love this, the fans went crazy.

Back to Hicks. He was on Mulley and Hanley this AM.

Mulley opened the interview by talking about how the defense held a potent Lions offense to zero TD's and only 2 FG's (one being a +50 yarder).

Hicks immediate and very poignant direct response was along the lines of "Having Hoyer at QB on the other side of the ball was as big of a key.

Mulley was caught off guard and went back to the defense, but the point was made. The defense has (likely) decided who they want at QB. And given the success of players like Royal, White and Miller, not to mention Howard, it would not surprise me if the offense is already there as well.

Given that Fox and the team have leaked that there is no guarantee Cutler will start when he's healthy, I think the writing is clearly on the wall.

You should put Hicks' real words to the question and not the words you made up.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Imagine if they had been smart enough to cut ties with Cuntler after 2013. They could have had both Derrick Carr or Jimmy Garapalo.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wrote this up in my game notes, but perhaps this team is built for someone to manage the offense and to protect the defense.

Whether it is a more conservative game plan, more efficient play from Hoyer, I wonder if this is how this team is built to function right now. The defense is not good enough to consistently respond to 3 and outs and turnovers.

But give them some rest and some first downs, don't put them on a short field and they can function.

And when we get P.McPhee, E.Goldman, D.Trevathon and K.Fuller back we'll be much better. Three of those four are big missing pieces to this defense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And 3 & outs. The defense was constantly gassed with Cutler playing because the offense can't stay on the field. Hoyer could at least complete short-to-mid range passes and get the chains moving on third down, win the time of possession and help the defense stay fresh. The result of that fresh defense was holding a team who were something like the 5th ranked offense to two field goals.

But he didn't have a running game which is a huge reason why we kept going 3 and out. I understand the play Hoyer the rest of the way over Cutler argument but you can't just leave out facts and Cutler not having any kind of running game and Hoyer getting to play with our first 100+ yard rusher since the beginning of last year is a big reason why our defense was fresh.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I reckon Cutler retires end of the year. Guy has taken some damage and is mentally done as well.

That's one thing I'll agree with. I wonder too if after the years of getting your shit rocked(including in college), playing with shitty teams and grtting shit on by a fanbase over the years has finally taken its toll. I wouldn't blame him if he is done after this season.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ban that fucking idiot already. I'm sorry, Desp, but fucking can it already.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
But he didn't have a running game which is a huge reason why we kept going 3 and out. I understand the play Hoyer the rest of the way over Cutler argument but you can't just leave out facts and Cutler not having any kind of running game and Hoyer getting to play with our first 100+ yard rusher since the beginning of last year is a big reason why our defense was fresh.
Gotta say wish Jay had that much time in pocket.

Which poster argued that maybe the line just played harder for Hoyer. LOL! Yes, surely gelling over the past few weeks has nothing to do with that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Haven't missed a Bears game since 2001. I just like gunslinger qbs like favre and make the game exciting. And I think jays received way too much shit in this city.

Yeah but you still need to pick your battles more wisely and you really can't win this one cause the game tape doesn't lie but give it 2 maybe 3 more games and people will be screaming for M.Barkley.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

And NO WAY he will ever accept the backup role, unless he's got twins coming or something.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I could see Cuntler accepting the back up role in Tennessee. They love it there. He can back up Mariota and live in the mountains with his diseased unvacinatted children.