Vic Fangio might be done

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
could care less whether fangio stays or goes, if fuller is going to stay i want donatell to stay as he seems to have really gotten the best out of him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think it will be hard to replace Vic with someone better, but there are DCs out there that could keep the team in the top half.

I agree you do not ask a HC to keep a DC that is not of his choosing, that mentality is what ends up getting you a Loggains type situation.

Vic got results, but it is time to more on from the familiar.

Rex Ryan is out there in TV land right now, and he has had good/Great Defenses everywhere he has gone, and no one is going to touch him as a HC for a couple of years at least.

So yes we can replace Vic....

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Defense was good when Floyd was healthy. Went downhill with the lack of pass rush which they should bolster this offseason.

I would have no problem bringing back Fangio, an experienced DC, if we hire McDaniels.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think it will be hard to replace Vic with someone better, but there are DCs out there that could keep the team in the top half.

I agree you do not ask a HC to keep a DC that is not of his choosing, that mentality is what ends up getting you a Loggains type situation.

Vic got results, but it is time to more on from the familiar.

Rex Ryan is out there in TV land right now, and he has had good/Great Defenses everywhere he has gone, and no one is going to touch him as a HC for a couple of years at least.

So yes we can replace Vic....

Rex Ryan has titties so Mitch would approve.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
No question Fangio is done. Pace was noncommittal and said during the press conference that the head coach has control over who he hires for his staff.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course he is done - Unless the new HC wants to keep him and he is willing to stay.

His contract is over and he is a free agent.

Its business, that's how it works...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
[FONT=&quot]Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl 5h5 hours agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Adam Caplan Retweeted Rich Campbell[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Word is there may be some head coaching candidates who want to keep him as DC. Will be interesting to see what happens here. Well respected coach.
[/FONT]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that the Bears want to keep Fangio.

I am not sure if he wants to stay, but I think Fangio will wait to see who the next head coach is.

If the Bears hire DeFilippo and he can convince Fangio to stay and Fangio gives him the stamp of approval that would be huge for a new coach and the defensive personnel.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yeah, it will depend on the head coach hired and if Fangio likes the hire. He still may choose to move on.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I think Fangio is a pretty good defensive coordinator, but McCarthy seems to have his number(he even rolled this defense with Hundley). I might prefer to keep the 3-4 but find a new voice/more aggressive defensive coordinator. There are a lot of good names on the market.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fangio is a pretty good defensive coordinator, but McCarthy seems to have his number(he even rolled this defense with Hundley). I might prefer to keep the 3-4 but find a new voice/more aggressive defensive coordinator. There are a lot of good names on the market.

If you are comparing Fangio to McCarthy, Fangio has caused him problems going back to the 49ers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think the continuity is worth exploring keeping Vic. I would also offer to match whatever Wade got from the Rams in terms of salary.

Fangio and Donatell have done a really nice job and have consistently overcome injuries to put a good product on the field.

I also think it helps smooth the transition of a new, young, offensive coach, if Fangio vouches for him by staying.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
If you are comparing Fangio to McCarthy, Fangio has caused him problems going back to the 49ers.

But McCarthy seems to have Vic's number since he's been a Chicago Bear.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
that's cause Bears

I am also tired of the non-committal "Alshon Jeffery" vibe from Vic as well. I'm indifferent if he comes back to be honest. If a guy like DeFillipo wants him as his DC and gets him on board, I'm good with that as well.

I'm just not on the "Keep Fangio at all costs" train. Lots of very good defensive coordinators usually become available. They get overpromted to head coach then fired. Pagano is available now...Vance Jospeh will be avialable next year, and so on, and so on.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But McCarthy seems to have Vic's number since he's been a Chicago Bear.

Aaron Rodgers has everyone's number.

The Hundley game was really on the offense.

Give Vic another legit pass rusher and I think he would be more aggressive.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am also tired of the non-committal "Alshon Jeffery" vibe from Vic as well. I'm indifferent if he comes back to be honest. If a guy like DeFillipo wants him as his DC and gets him on board, I'm good with that as well.

I'm just not on the "Keep Fangio at all costs" train. Lots of very good defensive coordinators usually become available. They get overpromted to head coach then fired. Pagano is available now...Vance Jospeh will be avialable next year, and so on, and so on.

The sky would not fall if Fangio left. I have no problem with Fangio's attitude. You'd want to wait and see who your boss is as well and if you get a new contract offer.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I think the continuity is worth exploring keeping Vic. I would also offer to match whatever Wade got from the Rams in terms of salary.

Fangio and Donatell have done a really nice job and have consistently overcome injuries to put a good product on the field.

I also think it helps smooth the transition of a new, young, offensive coach, if Fangio vouches for him by staying.

This, and I don't mind paying Vic a ton to keep that continuity. A lot of people on here are just not giving Vic his due; he's been OUTSTANDING as DC with what he has had to work with over a large sample now (3 yrs).

Ok, im a broken record....whatever, try to keep Fangio and pay him a million over market imho.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

That loss was on Fangio....Hundley was fucking horrible against the blitz and the Bears did very little of it. They were relying on a 4 man rush against the Packers banged up line and it didn't work.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

Disagree. Before all the injuries hit the defense was capable of taking over games. They D was still pretty much healthy in the Packer game and with Rodgers out they needed to dominate and lead the team to victory. McCarthey came in with a game plan that caught Vic off guard.