Waldo And Jntg4's Cubs Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Colvin was not suppost to hit 20hr before this season started. If he didn't have "camp Colvin", he probably wouldn't even have made the team.

:obama:

:turrible:

Do you even read before you post?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama:

:turrible:

Uhhh yeah and that makes total sense. But again there wasn't a "camp Colvin" before the season started and if Colvin didn't shine, there wouldn't be one. For instance, this offseason where more players showed up.

Also it helped that Colvin worked out, got more power and buffed up. Also he gained weight. This with becoming more muscular had as much part in gaining more power with practice.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
how about you tell your boy what you think of colvin, scared to do so? I mean you think he sucks and all.

You are terrible at this.

I don't care what CO thinks of Colvin. What CO thinks of Colvin is completely irrelevant to the point I made.

Regardless of what CO thinks of Colvin I think even he could grasp the concept that when the Cubs took him 13th overall in the draft it was pretty safe to say him hitting 20 HR's in a season at the major league level wouldn't have come as too much of a shock to the organization. In fact, it was more than likely expected.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't care what CO thinks of Colvin. What CO thinks of Colvin is completely irrelevant to the point I made.

Regardless of what CO thinks of Colvin I think even he could grasp the concept that when the Cubs took him 13th overall in the draft it was pretty safe to say him hitting 20 HR's in a season at the major league level wouldn't have come as too much of a shock to the organization. In fact, it was more than likely expected.

wrong.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Uhhh yeah and that makes total sense.

No it doesn't.

it's not even in the context of what I was saying.

Try again.

Also it helped that Colvin worked out, got more power and buffed up. Also he gained weight. This with becoming more muscular had as much part in gaining more power with practice.
You do realize Colvin was hitting for power in the minors right? He lead his AA team in HR's despite playing only a little over half the season there.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe your right and the front office could have thought that but he didn't show much power in the minors. As he only had about 45hr in 4 seasons.

I know the minors does not mean anything and only the majors does, but maybe that is what people could be thinking. But I can't say anything in their behalf because IDK.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Tremendous explanation.

I'd ask you to defend your viewpoint but more than likely you can't and will just dance around it as usual.

You're literally impossible to hold a conversation with. You make ridiculously stupid claims. Refuse to back them up, and seem to think you make any sort of actual point.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
No it doesn't.

it's not even in the context of what I was saying.

Try again.

You do realize Colvin was hitting for power in the minors right? He lead his AA team in HR's despite playing only a little over half the season there.

Maybe he did lead AA in HR but only had 14. That's not much of a win. The Cubs biggest weakest in their minors in power and that shows..

In all fairness IDK what you were talking about. I didn't read all posts because they were on pages before.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Uhhh yeah .

In all fairness IDK what you were talking about. I didn't read all posts because they were on pages before.

:obama::turrible::obama::turrible::obama::turrible:

Maybe he did lead AA in HR but only had 14.
He lead the team and played barely over half the season there. It's not like he played a full season of AA ball and lead the team with 14. He played just over half the season and lead them in HR's and slugged .524.

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he did lead AA in HR but only had 14. That's not much of a win. The Cubs biggest weakest in their minors in power and that shows..

:obama::turrible::obama::turrible::obama::turrible:

He lead the team and played barely over half the season there. It's not like he played a full season of AA ball and lead the team with 14. He played just over half the season and lead them in HR's and slugged .524.

I read my posts but not others people's. That's what I was referring too.

In 2008 for the Smokies he did play 137 games and 540 at-bats. That is more than half and a lot of at-bats. He almost played a full season but he didn't like you said. He played enough games to lead when a team does not have power and 14hr is low for a power guy. Even not in a full season.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tremendous explanation.

I'd ask you to defend your viewpoint but more than likely you can't and will just dance around it as usual.

You're literally impossible to hold a conversation with. You make ridiculously stupid claims. Refuse to back them up, and seem to think you make any sort of actual point.

and you are trying so hard to be like lefty, it is amusing. you are like a child.

You don't build around a guy that has like 60 IP. You don't build anything around Colvin. He is a 4th OFer.

Yes. Colvin is going to have a hard time putting up those power numbers again.

I wonder if the doctor made him Inspector Colvin. Then he'd get a starting spot.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If someone said that he would get 400 PAs and hit 20 HRs, I probably would have doubted it, actually. That's because I really don't think that his power numbers are legit. He had a .246 ISO and as far as I am concerned that is unsustainable for him. However, you said that it wouldn't come as much shock to the organization and that I can believe. I would have called you crazy if you said he'd hit 20 in 400, but the Cubs I can totally see that out of.

BTW, Dewey, still waiting for you to reply in the other thread.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If someone said that he would get 400 PAs and hit 20 HRs, I probably would have doubted it, actually. That's because I really don't think that his power numbers are legit. He had a .246 ISO and as far as I am concerned that is unsustainable for him. However, you said that it wouldn't come as much shock to the organization and that I can believe. I would have called you crazy if you said he'd hit 20 in 400, but the Cubs I can totally see that out of.

BTW, Dewey, still waiting for you to reply in the other thread.

I really dont know what to tell you. it is black and white what i stated, if you cannot understand, oh well.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
And you're still wrong!

Holy Lord!

Yeah I know.. I didn't add the seasons up.. I guessed.. He played 4 seasons with at least 10hr, with a 11, 14, 16, 15.. Around that. So around 55hr in the minors. But I think you already said how many hr he had in the minors. 58 I think.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really dont know what to tell you. it is black and white what i stated, if you cannot understand, oh well.

Yeah, but no one ever said he would be great. So that kinda tears your whole point up...

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nope.

Wrong again.

Your opinion and theory of how you would rate prospects is not "black and white".

How do you suggest we project the player? What evidence and analytical process should we use?

You can keep trying to dodge it all you want but it just makes you look more and more dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.