Waldo And Jntg4's Cubs Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I know.. I didn't add the seasons up.. I guessed.. He played 4 seasons with at least 10hr, with a 11, 14, 16, 15.. Around that. So around 55hr in the minors. But I think you already said how many hr he had in the minors. 58 I think.

If you read the link the website adds them up for you.

You didn't need to do any math at all. All you had to do is know how to read.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you read the link the website adds them up for you.

You didn't need to do any math at all. All you had to do is know how to read.

I also didn't read the link and I did a skim over his stats. Not much look into his stats. But you're right, the numbers were added at the bottom of his stat line.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Tremendous explanation.

I'd ask you to defend your viewpoint but more than likely you can't and will just dance around it as usual.

You're literally impossible to hold a conversation with. You make ridiculously stupid claims. Refuse to back them up, and seem to think you make any sort of actual point.

Yes, FT, you do.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, FT, you do.

Nice try.

Especially coming from the guy who said the MLS was ranked the 12th best soccer league in the world..when it isn't.

Bravo.

Yada yada glass houses and bricks or something.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
go back and read what you posted.

Okay, lets!

You said:
Right, because he will repeat that performance. Im glad you can predict stats after 1 year of a player in the MLB. Like I said, Can i get the winning big game numbers? :rolleyes:

Then I said:
He is 20. I will bet you $50 that he will repeat that shit. To think he won't is a little ridiculous, IMO.

To which you replied with:
right, because 1 year makes the career. gotcha. "dont stop believing"

To which I replied with:
What leads you to believe Castro will not improve? You haven't posted anything that says that.

To which you came up with:
You are not looking at a player who is established himself for 5 seasons in the MLB, you are looking at his rookie year and basing all his numbers from one year (sample size) and stating that he is going to be great, which you or I do NOT know unless we are psychic, so to take 1 year of numbers is fucking foolish.

I am not stating that he will step back or blow for sure, I am calling out those who are stating bluntly that he will be great by using 1 year of MLB numbers to back up an arguement. Minor League numbers should not be used on trying to project out a player in the MLB IMO.

What users have said he will be great? I know it isn't me, because I said he would put up the same numbers again.

I have made two posts in that thread using the word "Great" and both are in response to your made up allegation.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a question.. FT do you only post here to start arguments? Because I hate fuckin arguments and it's pointless. It never leads anywhere. Because I've notice that from you when you post.

Are you even a Cubs fan?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Nice try.

Especially coming from the guy who said the MLS was ranked the 12th best soccer league in the world..when it isn't.

Bravo.

Yada yada glass houses and bricks or something.

There are conflicting rankings obviously. And your's were from 2006, and not even the official FIFA ones, so...

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a question.. FT do you only post here to start arguments? Because I hate fuckin arguments and it's pointless. It never leads anywhere. Because I've notice that from you when you post.

Are you even a Cubs fan?

It's a sports forum, Waldo. Arguing is basically why forums are here. It's sports. Come on now

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Are you even a Cubs fan?

He's a Cubs "fan", yes.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a sports forum, Waldo. Arguing is basically why forums are here. It's sports. Come on now

Yeah I know what you mean but I'm just not a fan of arguments. It ruins the thread and the arguments are weak in ways. Because everybody has their opinions-views and will never agree on the argument with the other person(s).

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are conflicting rankings obviously. And your's were from 2006, and not even the official FIFA ones, so...

Sorry the 2010 IFFHS rankings weren't current enough.

They are 88th.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yeah I know what you mean but I'm just not a fan of arguments. It ruins the thread and the arguments are weak in ways. Because everybody has their opinions-views and will never agree on the argument with the other person(s).

My problem is that FT is arguing things that nobody said, CO is arguing that nobody said something with Dews, and Dews said great just one time and everyone is arguing with him about greatness.

FT and CO say people are putting words into their mouths, which they pretty much did to Dews too.

And FT didn't say the "Front Office" originally, he just said supposed to be, which usually translates to scout's expectations, which initiated the dispute, and the CO says he can see how the Front Office would think that, but wouldn't think that himself, and then FT takes that as confirming his point.

:shrug:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a question.. FT do you only post here to start arguments?
Sorry, I didn't know thinking that Colvin was expected by the Cubs organization to hit 20HR's in a season was starting an argument.

Or asking DewsSox to explain his prospect projection theory was starting an argument.

Would you rather just have me post: The Cubs are the l33t and blend in with everyone else here?

Are you even a Cubs fan?
Yes.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Sorry the 2010 IFFHS rankings weren't current enough.

They are 88th.

IFFHS, pfft. Use FIFA. And that was one source I used, and you made a big deal out of "oh, they aren't that good", when it was in a fucking chat box anyway, and carry it over that MLS sucks and that it isn't the best in the world,s o best in the US means nothing. Of course, every other country watches their top league, even when lower ranked than our's.

:rolleyes:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Sorry, I didn't know thinking that Colvin was expected by the Cubs organization to hit 20HR's in a season was starting an argument.

Or asking DewsSox to explain his prospect projection theory was starting an argument.

Would you rather just have me post: The Cubs are the l33t and blend in with everyone else here?

Yes.

You said, "supposed to be", not that the Cubs organization thought that, you added that in well after the argument started.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes.

We agree on something, were both Cubs fan. OMG, lol.

Yeah maybe not but just everything you say turns into an argument. I honstely don't know why. I guess it's you and that has argument written all over it. If you said, "Castro will be the Cubs SS in 2011." They will be like how do you know that because you don't. That's just a bias statement. That probably will happen, but I wouldn't know why.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My problem is that FT is arguing things that nobody said, CO is arguing that nobody said something with Dews, and Dews said great just one time and everyone is arguing with him about greatness.

FT and CO say people are putting words into their mouths, which they pretty much did to Dews too.

And FT didn't say the "Front Office" originally, he just said supposed to be, which usually translates to scout's expectations, which initiated the dispute, and the CO says he can see how the Front Office would think that, but wouldn't think that himself, and then FT takes that as confirming his point.

:shrug:

Learn to read, bro. We are arguing this because he put words into my mouth that I never said. So yeah, when Dews says Great, even once(although he said it several times) it will lead to an argument considering I NEVER SAID THAT.

Whose mouths are we putting words into?

He didn't say front office, you are right. He said organization. Seriously, learn to read.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My problem is that FT is arguing things that nobody said
I directly quoted him and disagreed with his assessment of Colvin.

I didn't invent the quote.

CO is arguing that nobody said something with Dews, and Dews said great just one time and everyone is arguing with him about greatness.
No. Now we are trying to ask him how he projects prospects based on a statement he made.

It's a fair question.

I haven't put any words in Dews mouth. In fact I've done the exact opposite. I've(repeatedly) given him an opportunity to clarify and explain what he said. And he hasn't.

And FT didn't say the "Front Office" originally
I said he was drafted 13th overall. Unless anyone else but the Cubs Front office/organization drafted him I would say it's a pretty damn easy connection to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.