Watson wants out of Houston

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Welcome to weeks ago.

Thanks.

It's been reported up to this point that he's extremely displeased with the situation in Houston, and that him leaving is on the table as a possibility.

This is the first report to say he wants out, and this comes after a tweet where he seemed to indicate his frustration had gone from a 2 to a 10.

I'd say this is relevant new news.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I thought this was all just false rumor. Didn't hub say that or something?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
3 1st round draft picks is a lot tho.

It'll only be a desperate few

Generally speaking, that's true, but would you trade Kevin White, Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky for Deshaun Watson?

That's 3 first round picks.

The Bears' 3 first round picks they'd give up won't come close to performing as well as Deshaun Watson, in all likelihood.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Generally speaking, that's true, but would you trade Kevin White, Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky for Deshaun Watson?

That's 3 first round picks.

The Bears' 3 first round picks they'd give up won't come close to performing as well as Deshaun Watson, in all likelihood.

Yes, and no.

The point is you get 5 years of cost control towards three players.

Obviously, if you draft in the first round like Ryan Pace, it's pointless.

But yes, if we somehow get watson(Very doubtful) this team will be in rebuild mode until he's about 30.

Still worth it, because by the time you do build this roster you'll still have 5-6 great years left in him

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Yes, and no.

The point is you get 5 years of cost control towards three players.

Obviously, if you draft in the first round like Ryan Pace, it's pointless.

But yes, if we somehow get watson(Very doubtful) this team will be in rebuild mode until he's about 30.

Still worth it, because by the time you do build this roster you'll still have 5-6 great years left in him

Yes, that's the point. But I agree.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes, that's the point. But I agree.

While pace has sucked balls at drafting first rounders, even idiots get lucky from time to time.

Look at Matt Millen. He drafted a bunch of turds then drafted the best WR of my generation.

Still, I would do the trade in a heartbeat, but it would probably make us pretty terrible for the present.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He should want out. That organization is a joke and is not serious about putting together a winner.

His talent is being wasted.

No idea why it would be here tho, outside of him having some fetish for the bears or Jordan.

Miami has much more cap space(projected 45m before cuts), can trade away Tua and the 3rd rounder back to houston(That would probably be enough, maybe throw in a 2nd rounder too, they have 2 of those).

Honestly the most realistic spot for him to go.

Honestly, don't rule out the falcons being a dark horse too. Watson grew up right outside of atlanta. No idea if he grew up a falcons fan, but one would assume so. Wouldn't shock me if a swap of matt ryan/Watson happens, plus the #4 pick among other draft compensation.